Marriage Proposal - A question for the men out there.

Options

Replies

• PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you love your man then do it, nothing says a women can't get on her knees look up and say will you marry me
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I kind of asked my husband....well I just told him flat out I wanted to marry him, then things started going that way quickly. Eventually he did the formal asking but that wasnt until after we had a date already for the wedding (and my dress even) haha. Do what you feel is right. You want him forever then ask :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you, but from my experience, men take the woman's proposal as more of a suggestion than a real proposal. So make your intentions clear.
    Best of luck to you.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I technically proposed to my SO. We were eating at Taco Bell one day. I picked a sauce packet and it said "will you marry me?" So I handed it to him. He said yes and meant it. The next day he gave me a ring. We celebrated our fifth anniversary yesterday and have two beautiful children.

So I say go for it. However, don't make it about your weight!
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

as far as me...i've been proposed to once, last year by my now-ex...and it was rather lacking in originality and creativity. i'll share it for LOL's...poor me :(

eikz6s.jpg

If the manner of his proposal was more important than the man doing the proposing, well..... I can see why you are no longer together.

I think it's a sweet proposal.

obviously the break up wasn't a result of the manner of the proposal. it 'would' have been nice for him to write "you" instead of "u" though, especially since he was an english major ^.^
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I would want to be the one to propose, but I don't think I would be "too" bothered if my partner initiated it. That is what I'd get for dragging my feet.

But be honest. Knowing you. In a month or two after accepting. You'd go the whole nine yards with a big traditional surprise proposal. At least that's my guess. I don't think you're the type to let that be stolen from you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ....not only should you propose to him, he should take your last name and he should be the one that gets pregnant.

Harassment-role-reversal-smack-dat.gif?

Lmao!

I remember that gif. Kudos for picking just the right time to use it.
    tumblr_m871xy6UvP1qcdgsf.gif
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    If you love your man then do it, nothing says a women can't get on her knees look up and say will you marry me
    He may be a little surprised it wasn't for something else though. Maybe slip the **** ring on him with your mouth
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    He may be a little surprised it wasn't for something else though. Maybe slip the **** ring on him with your mouth

Ahahahahaha.. Never thought of that. One second he's all smiles :bigsmile: watching you go down on one knee, next second, :huh: wait a minute honey, you're forgetting the other knee, and the ponytail. :frown: LMAO.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    The question is will you regret asking? You have made all the moves thus far. Don't you think he should take one step toward you? Are you willing to chase him for the rest of your life? Will you feel valued if you have to be the one who initiates every step in your relationship.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It took me years of saving nickels & dimes while taking care of our family to pay cash for my wifes ring. I wanted the ring paid for so we could start with something that was ALL HERS. Then to finance & arrange a weekend getaway for the "perfect proposal", took another 6 months. If she would have jumped the gun b/c I wasn't fast enough, while I was trying to build a memory that she could tell her grandkids about...I would have taken that as a lack of faith & walked away.
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well,I am not a man and can not answer for them, but being a woman who just getting out of a marriage of 14yrs, I find it alot easier to just live with um,that way if it doesn't work out, pack your bag and roll on out! But that is how I feel after going through what I went through! Best of luck to ya in what ever you decide to do!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I would feel sad, it is one of those things that men get to do, the wedding, and all that is usually for the women, but the proposal is a chance for the man to show how much this girl means to him. Maybe I am a romantic, but it would be kind of a let down if the girl proposed..

I feel marriage is a serious thing, so I don't condone the whole "just walk away" "just leave if it goes wrong" mentality; however, it would still be a bummer.
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would feel sad, it is one of those things that men get to do, the wedding, and all that is usually for the women, but the proposal is a chance for the man to show how much this girl means to him. Maybe I am a romantic, but it would be kind of a let down if the girl proposed..

I feel marriage is a serious thing, so I don't condone the whole "just walk away" "just leave if it goes wrong" mentality; however, it would still be a bummer.

You married? have a brother? cause I have yet to find a man who will actually tell me how he feels(they just assume I already know!) let alone go the "extra mile" to show me how much I mean to him....
    Marriage is a serious thing, that is why I would have to think long about ever doing it again!!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    When I saw this last year I cried like a baby. Very touching! :heart:

World's most epic marriage proposal... http://youtu.be/zvljAY9c13Y
  • chezzielou1984
    Options
    I have set myself a motivational task:
    When I reach my ultimate goal of 140lb (if my partner has not popped the question) I am going to do do it.

I need the opinion of mostly men on how you would feel if your lady proposed to you?

I am mostly man, so I can answer.

Fwiw I think this is a strange goal. If you break up are you going to stop trying to become a healthier person? You need to lose weight for yourself, not to convince your SO to marry you.

No I wont stop but I don't want to be a fat bride and thats why I am losing weight.
  • chezzielou1984
    Options
    Being old school I think the man should propose to the woman.

BTW your weight should not matter if he really loves you. Why wait to get married?

My weight does not matter to him, but it does matter to me!!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would bother me - in fact I'd welcome it. EXCEPT, if my answer was going to be "No" or "Not ready" ...

Still I reckon that if you're meant to be together (and you both feel ready), the exact timing of the proposal, or who it comes from doesn't make that much difference
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am not so much concerned about him saying no or finding it strange, I am more concerned about you saying you are going to propose when you reach goal (you're obviously planning to get married 2 days after he said yes) and that you are losing weight because you don't want to be a fat bride....... So, have fun being a skinny bride and (warning: stereotype!) we all know what happens to women after their wedding (and men, too)

) ( -> ( )

Good luck to you two!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It took me years of saving nickels & dimes while taking care of our family to pay cash for my wifes ring. I wanted the ring paid for so we could start with something that was ALL HERS. Then to finance & arrange a weekend getaway for the "perfect proposal", took another 6 months. If she would have jumped the gun b/c I wasn't fast enough, while I was trying to build a memory that she could tell her grandkids about...I would have taken that as a lack of faith & walked away.

Really? I just can't see walking away from someone who says they want to marry me, when the feelings are mutual. :(