Options
2»

Replies

• carminburns92
    Options
    Thank you all.
    I appreciate it.
    Groups aren't exactly my thing.
    I've been to NA several times (not for meth)
    And in all honesty, it just seemed to me like a bunch of people *****ing about their problems.
    I have the Step Guide, if I choose to I'll work the steps on my own.
    But no meetings.
    My friend says he's going to try to quit with me.
    At the same time I think we might end up just enabling each other....
    Like I said earlier, more than anything, I'm using this site so I can log my food intake.
    Not so much because I'm worried about the weight gain (I am....not solely though)
    But because I eat so little I want to be able to see how much I eat, my habits, etc.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.
    I appreciate it.
    Groups aren't exactly my thing.
    I've been to NA several times (not for meth)
    And in all honesty, it just seemed to me like a bunch of people *****ing about their problems.
    I have the Step Guide, if I choose to I'll work the steps on my own.
    But no meetings.
    My friend says he's going to try to quit with me.
    At the same time I think we might end up just enabling each other....
    Like I said earlier, more than anything, I'm using this site so I can log my food intake.
    Not so much because I'm worried about the weight gain (I am....not solely though)
    But because I eat so little I want to be able to see how much I eat, my habits, etc.
    What about going to an AA group, and asking for the person who runs it for advice to take it on yourself because group stuff isn't your thing?

And agreed with the enabling. I've seen smoker couples try to quit smoking before...It's more of a partner in crime thing.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    12 step programs. They may be *****ing about their problems. They're also clean.

That's something they have that you don't.

If you want to get clean hard enough, you'll try some of what they are doing. I'm an ex junkie myself, meth and needles being what almost did me in. I thought they were whiners, too.

They were clean. I wasn't. I've got over 12 years clean now. You can have this, too.

Weight gain and/or loss is not your top list priority now.

Good luck.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    12 step programs. They may be *****ing about their problems. They're also clean.

That's something they have that you don't.

If you want to get clean hard enough, you'll try some of what they are doing. I'm an ex junkie myself, meth and needles being what almost did me in. I thought they were whiners, too.

They were clean. I wasn't. I've got over 12 years clean now. You can have this, too.

Weight gain and/or loss is not your top list priority now.

Good luck.
    Blunt but to the very good point :tongue: I don't think anyone thinks group therapy is the coolest thing ever. Everyone tries to avoid those things but doing that doesn't help. I don't think anyone runs into any kind of therapy thinking it's wicked awesome. But it can help if you change your attitude about it...Perhaps don't change your attitude into quirkytizzy's current attitude :laugh: But whatever helps :tongue:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about weight... focus on being free from addiction.

X a million
  • elainewitch
    elainewitch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I quit doing speed I then gained weight, a little more weight, some more weight after that. It was a total pain in the *kitten*. The last thing I wanted was to gain weight AND deal with addiction. Here's the kicker though, I quit doing meth and I gained a lot more than weight. I gained a life, a son, a chance to not die in a ditch or couch surfing, my mind, my freedom from being a tweak freak. Quitting is the best and the hardest thing your're ever going to do but it's worth it. Don't be afraid to eat just do it sensibly. Track what you eat, work out lightly to begin with, and get some help with overcoming addiction. You can do this. You're worth it.