For women-brown period?

Options
Hey girls! I was just wondering:

For the second month I have had primarily a brown period. Red showed his face a little, but not much.

What could this be? Could it be from weight loss?

I am on birth control and I do have thyroid issues and my medicine was just changed. But this also happened before my medicine was changed.

I feel like I am having a regular period, bad cramps and all. Grr. I hate being a girl! LOL

Thank you in advance for your help!

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Did you just start taking the pill? That is one of the effects that hormonal BC has on me. It makes periods lighter and brown like that, at least for me. I asked my doctor about it and she told me that was the case.
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for almost 2 years
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    can you not post on a women's board or something??

hey i am all for ladies helping eachother out, but geez... i'm trying to eat my breakfast!
  • soundasleepx
    Options
    I pretty much ALWAYS have mainly brown. I think it's because I have a fairly light period mostly - but I have had check ups etc and I can tell you that everything with me is normal so I wouldn't worry about yourself! I would go for a check up just to make sure though - you never know. But I would say don't panic, just get yourself checked to be safe! And to anyone who thinks this is a sick subject then I understand why you think so, but she only wanted some advice! Some people don't know where to turn when they are worried.

hey i am all for ladies helping eachother out, but geez... i'm trying to eat my breakfast!

^^ Okay that's pretty unlucky for you to be eating breakfast right now, haha. Hope you aren't eating Marmite......

OHMAN
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

Grow up, and get over yourself. You opened the thread knowing by the title it was a) for women, and b) involved talk of a menstrual cycle. It's a natural bodily occurrence. Sorry you're too immature to handle seeing it on a public discussion forum.

OP: You should call and speak to a nurse from your doctor's office. It seems normal, but I think she would be qualified to take into account all of your variables, plus she has access to your file just in case.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options

The topic clearly says "for women" - your fault that you clicked on it.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Brown means old blood - so it's not exiting as fast, often happens with lighter flow or towards the end of the period. Red is fresh and comes with heavier flow, usually at the start.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Hope you aren't eating Marmite......

OHMAN

LMAO!!! EEEWWWWW! :sick:
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those who answered!
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options

Grow up, and get over yourself. You opened the thread knowing by the title it was a) for women, and b) involved talk of a menstrual cycle. It's a natural bodily occurrence. Sorry you're too immature to handle seeing it on a public discussion forum.

OP: You should call and speak to a nurse from your doctor's office. It seems normal, but I think she would be qualified to take into account all of your variables, plus she has access to your file just in case.

First of all as a 35 year old women I get menstral issues, but reading the title of the thread was the gross part.

No need for the name calling!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You period can get heavier or lighter when your body is going through changes. Spotting is really common with weight loss also. Dont worry about it unless you are having pain (not normal pain) with it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh, maybe you should be asking your doctor about this.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

First of all as a 35 year old women I get menstral issues, but reading the title of the thread was the gross part.

Don't read a forum about health and fitness while eating breakfast. Name-calling? It is an accurate assessment of your maturity. Your post sounded like a 13 year-old boy posted. You're a 35 year-old woman disgusted by her own anatomy.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options

Don't read a forum about health and fitness while eating breakfast. Name-calling? It is an accurate assessment of your maturity. Your post sounded like a 13 year-old boy posted. You're a 35 year-old woman disgusted by her own anatomy.

WOW! you know me so well!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Look at it in a positive light....you just figured out how to not feed your face lmao read some girlie stuff INSTANT food to mouth killer lol You should thank her she just saved you some calories buddy
  • Brianna72994
    Options

^ agreed!

And to OP: I'm on the pill and also have thyroid issues. Mine is sort of a brown color in the beginning. I think it's pretty normal and I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

WOW! you know me so well!

Well....you got grossed out be the title of the thread and made the effort to come into the thread to let everyone know. Mmhmm
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    Options
    when i got off depo this happened to me. from what my doctor told me it was because i didnt have a period for the 8 months i was on the shot, that the blood was just old and it would clear up in a few cycles. if you dont want to schedule with your primary physician though you can always hit up a womans clinic. they usually are really helpful.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Look at it in a positive light....you just figured out how to not feed your face lmao read some girlie stuff INSTANT food to mouth killer lol You should thank her she just saved you some calories buddy

Just saw you are a female my bad I dont mean buddy then lol But just for the record...my fat *kitten* was also eating breakfast (it was delish) and I didnt stop shoveling lol you just werent that hungry is all ahahhaah
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    For the record, are there any groups on MFP for women only? Just curious!
This discussion has been closed.