2»

Replies

• purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you find out, please let me know! :)
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    I make a light hearted comment and I get flamed. If a woman can't joke or tease another woman about period stuff, then I guess that's pretty sad.
  • purplelizzard
    Options
    I intend on it. But not until tomorrow. (To the person who said ask my doctor!)
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My understanding of this is that it is just old blood...I would not be too worried. XO
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I make a light hearted comment and I get flamed. If a woman can't joke or tease another woman about period stuff, then I guess that's pretty sad.

But your post did not come off as a 'joke' or as you 'teasing'. None of your posts prior to this even hinted at joking. It really read as if you were truly disgusted by reading the title, so much so that you felt the need to come into the thread and repeatedly post about your disgust. That's why people called you on it.
  • keepitoff321
    keepitoff321 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I recently watched an episode of Dr. Oz about that. You can check out what his experts said on his website. Might find something of use there.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/your-period-normal?page=3#copy

I have recently switched to a plant based diet. Although I didn't follow his exact recommendations, I did notice a BIG difference during my last cycle. I suffered with severe mood swings and cramps equivalent to labour since I was 13. I'd like to go through another cycle before I say for sure that the change in diet helped, but, so far, so good! Wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Do you happen to eat soy products? There was something else he said, can't remember if it was the same episode, that things containing just soy protein isolate or soy protein is the bean stripped of all the good stuff, leaving just the estrogen. If you are eating lots of soy, maybe check your labels and see if that might be the problem. Things with whole ground soy is better because the fiber and omega fats help carry the extra estrogen out of the body.
    Hope that helps.
  • purplelizzard
    Options
    Thank you for the website! Ill check it out! :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Brown blood is old blood. Please call a doctor. Seriously MFP is not for everything. Go to Web-MD... Call your mom. Something anything but this.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Go to your GYN. Something is not right.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    How is that adult women continue to be confused by this stuff? Some moms clearly didn't do their jobs.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Mine is brown at the start and the end of my cycle, in the middle days its red.

But shade of it depends how iron rich my diet has been and when i last decided to have it , or atleast thats what i've noticed.

With being on the pill I sometimes dont fancy it every month.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Brown means old blood - so it's not exiting as fast, often happens with lighter flow or towards the end of the period. Red is fresh and comes with heavier flow, usually at the start.

Yep.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this topic. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group.

Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping MyFitnessPal a supportive, friendly community.

Respectfully,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.