What did your significant other do to make you HAPPY today?

Options

Replies

• Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    He kissed me. hugged me. told me he loved me.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    He made me breakfast, and told me that I'm awesome, and squeezed my booty, and said dinner tasted awesome, and thanked me for going to the store for him, and was in a research study with me where we had to Skype and acted super silly and we made $40.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Changed the oil in my car

Oh! And he complimented me on my much improved cooking abilities (not that they were bad, there were just non existent as I hardly cooked - now I cook all the time!)
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Finally acknowledged the fact and realised that I do have depression and I'm not coping very well at all :cry:
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    He is trying so, so hard to accommodate my current medical mystery. He doesn't really understand what's going on or what I'm talking about when I say, "I feel like my mind is vibrating," or "The sunshine is like a thousand people screaming at me," or why I can't remember our conversations, but he still lets me be crabby and confused and he snuggles me and squeezes my head between his palms when I need it. I worry about him wanting to stay with someone like this, but last night he told me, "Your problems are my problems and I'm here to help you. I'll always be here for you." It makes me tear up thinking about it. He gets so frustrated sometimes, but he's really trying and I appreciate it.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. I'm a widow. Guys and gals be grateful for what you have.

:heart:

You should post in the other thread where everyone is complaining about their SO's. They don't realize the grass is greener where you water it.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Finally acknowledged the fact and realised that I do have depression and I'm not coping very well at all :cry:

I posted something quite similar below you. I'm sorry to hear you have depression (it physically hurts!), but it must feel so good to have a partner who finally gets it! I'm happy to see that you appreciate it.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. I'm a widow. Guys and gals be grateful for what you have.

:heart:

You should post in the other thread where everyone is complaining about their SO's. They don't realize the grass is greener where you water it.

Agreed 100%.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This morning, my husband tried to take the kids so I could sleep in. Sadly I was woken up by one of my cats barfing in the kitchen instead. T_T

He also assisted me with a lot of errands. Helped me hang laundry.

And flirted relentlessly, which is always welcome. =B
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    nothing.. just annoyed the hell out of me, as usual.

Some of the negative comments on here are depressing. I hope you are just joking. There's gotta be something special/positive you can think of about your spouse. I would rather be alone than in a relationship that didn't add joy to my life. Look for the good and you will find it. Show love and it will be reflected back to you. A good relationship is ALL about attitude. :heart:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    He stayed home with our 2 kids and our friend's 2 kids so that we could go shopping for new running shoes!!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I AM DOING THE SQUAT CHALLENGE AND HE REMINDED ME TO DO MINE TODAY, HE LOST HIS MIND OVER THE LUNCH I MADE (I COOK ALOT), AND AS WE WERE GETTING UP TO GO TO THE GYM HE STOOD UP IN FRONT OF ME AND HELD MY HANDS TO HELP ME OFF THE COUCH. I DIDN'T NEED IT BUT HE WAS BEING SWEET.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    yes I do.. after a self tanning disaster he went alone to get the stuff needed for me to remove the orangeness. this included baking soda, peroxide and sugar scrub.

SWEET
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Worked 11 hours, then gave me a big hug when he got home. He makes me happy every day :)
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    He helped clean out the Chicken COOP!,
    He let me help him in the planting about 50 pounds of SUNFLOWER SEEDS in an empty field across the street from us.
    So we can watch them GROW!
    Spent quality time with HIS SON, and with MINE!!
    Made me a HARVEST TABLE!
    Took me to SUNDAY SCHOOL!
    Took me to CHURCH!

Ladies I am thinking , this man is a blessing!

A SUPER SWEET BLESSING STRAIGHT FROM GOD HIMSELF!
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    After watching "The Notebook", he told me he will read to me when I'm old and have dementia. LOL. We've been married 30 years.

Oh yeah...he went for a walk with me!

MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I HAVE READ ALL DAY
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    came and cuddled with me when a blog about crying babies sent me from giggling to bawling.
    check it out: reasonsmysoniscrying.tumblr.com
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My hubby watched our 3 week old baby while I could go get a walking workout in. :)
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Made me feel lovely and completely cherished :flowerforyou:

...and an incredible Sunday morning in :blushing:
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    He parked at the neighbor's driveway on his way home from work ( a 2.5 hour commute) because our 4 little girls had wanted to run down the road to meet him on the way and would be horribly disappointed if they couldn't. He loaded them all up including baby who was shrieking for him. Unloaded the car and he brought home Chinese with good choices (we never eat out and it was nummy). He did not comment on the messy house (I was trying to finish dresses for a wedding), gasped at the girls in their pretty dresses, commented on 6 y old's pretty earrings (she got to take the studs out today!). When I came in from chores he was sitting reading to all four who were sitting on his lap in the big chair. He found the sick one her red sweater, pulled her chair to him while he ate so she could sit tucked close to him, made me a cup of peppermint tea and is now sitting reading Plum Creek to all four who again are sitting on his lap (we miss him when he is gone to work for the two days).
    Every one of those things warms the cockles of my heart ;)