favorite quotes from a movie

Options
peopletalk
peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
mine are a little depressing but they kinda helped me out when i was going through a tough time:

White oleander:

“Isn't it funny.I'm enjoying my hatred so much more than i ever enjoyed love. Love is temperamental. Tiring. It makes demands. Love uses you, changes its mind. But hatred, now, that's something you can use. Sculpt. Wield. It's hard, or soft, however you need it. Love humiliates you, but Hatred cradles you.”

“The best you'll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way.”

yours?

Replies

• gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    So let it be written, so let it be done... - The ten commandments

Yul Brynner was boss...
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Yippie Ki Yay Mother trucker

Die Hard.

Had to PG it as not to get another strike!
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Can't pick just one...I find encouraging quotes helpful as well...

"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow." --"The Edge"
    "What one man can do, another can do." --"The Edge"

"...it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can GET hit & keep moving forward. How much you can take & keep moving forward." --"Rocky Balboa"

"Every passing minute is a another chance to turn it all around." --"Vanilla Sky"

And lastly, this isn't a movie quote, but from an actress about a movie part, & very encouraging...

When asked if she would consider gaining weight for ANOTHER Bridgett Jones movie, Renee Zellweger said, "It sounds like heaven," she said. "For two days it's bliss and then you're full, OK? And you can then indulge all your fantasies about over-eating. Fantasies about non-stop chocolate consumption or your fantasies about ordering the pizza and the spaghetti and the garlic bread. Then after a week your glucose levels are going crazy. You're up and down and all over the place. It doesn't feel good, and no one wants to hear that, but it's the truth." Then there is the dieting afterwards. "It was horrible," said Renee. "On one side it's fantastic because you get to go back to taking care of yourself, so you feel wonderful, but the first lap around the track I felt like I had a toddler on my back."

• taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    "I'm not eatin' 'cause I'm not hungry. I'm not sittin' 'cause I'm not stayin'.
    I'm not lookin' at the movie 'cause I saw it seven years ago. It's "The Mack" with Max Julien, Carol Speed, and Richard Pryor.
    I'm not scared of you. I just don't like you.
    In that envelope is some payoff money. Alabama's moving on to some greener pastures. We're not negotiatin'.
    I don't like to barter. I don't like to ****er. I never have fun in Tijuana. That price is non-negotiable. What's in that envelope is for my peace of mind. My peace of mind is worth that much. Not one penny more, not one penny more"

Clarence Whorely -True Romance.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    "That's just like, your opinion, man."

-The Big Lebowski
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    " I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people." - There Will Be Blood
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Everything will be allright in the end, & if it's not allright it's not yet the end."

---The Indian guy in "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    'People should not be afraid of their governments; Governments should be afraid of their people.' - V for Vendetta
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    "You're killing me Small's " The Sandlot

"I'd rather fight with you than make love to anyone else" The Wedding Date
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    One of them.

""I found myself driving past convenience stores . . . that weren't on the way home" - Raising Arizona
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    "Get busy living or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    "Excuse me while I whip this out."
    -Blazing Saddles
  • sourpower434
    sourpower434 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OMG Calliope I was just typing that one! :-)
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    "That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry."
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    "did ya see his face?!"
    Johnny Depp, Nightmare on Elm Street
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    "That's just like, your opinion, man."

-The Big Lebowski

<3 that movie, I came to post...

"I am the only one who gives a f*** about the rules!?!"
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    "I think I'd miss you even if we never met." -The Wedding Date

"Never is an awfully long time." -Peter Pan
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    "Breathe." -Everafter
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    "You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how." - Gone With The Wind
  • LilLuLu4
    LilLuLu4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    "You want me on that wall. You need me on that wall."

"You can't handle the truth!"

"Should we or should we not follow the advice of the galactically stupid!"

All from A Few Good Men. Lol! Great movie.