Whole Milk VS. Low Fat/ Non-fat Milk

Options
124»

Replies

• swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    --- food for thought
    What other animal drinks milk AFTER it's weened from it's mother, let's go further - what other animal do you know that drinks anothers animals milk after it's been weened from it's mother ... there's something just naturally wrong witht hat ... :-)
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I think Milk in general by itself, tastes disgusting. I can't even fathom drinking a glass of milk.
    I do use it in coffee or cereal - and I prefer Skim Plus. It is thicker than regular Skim but not as thick and gross (to me) as whole.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer skim, unlike most. It's lower calorie and I really only have milk in cereal or smoothies, I'm not much for milk drinking, so I can't really tell the difference. Drinking whole milk is too much for me. Makes me sick to my stomach.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

I'm even on their side and I think the hijacking of this thread is silly. This isn't a "Is Milk Good/Bad?" thread... let's save that argument for tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the....

personally i'd recommend full fat milk over skim, but if you can't fit it in your macros, do whatever works best for you. just watch the sugar content.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    --- food for thought
    What other animal drinks milk AFTER it's weened from it's mother, let's go further - what other animal do you know that drinks anothers animals milk after it's been weened from it's mother ... there's something just naturally wrong witht hat ... :-)
    Lets go even further. Lets get a consensus of all living mammals that can drink weened milk from other species and maybe we can all do a conference call, or better yet webcams and discuss why they've decided that it's unnatural. :happy:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    --- food for thought
    Lets go even further. Lets get a consensus of all living mammals that can drink weened milk from other species and maybe we can all do a conference call, or better yet webcams and discuss why they've decided that it's unnatural. :happy:

alright fine, i'll get in on this.

you'd be having that call with yourself.

animals that drink another species' milk do not do so in NATURE except under very extreme circumstances where it is more beneficial for them to do so than to die. that doesn't mean their bodies process it correctly, or that it provides them optimal health.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    We've been drinking raw, whole milk for several months now. I'd urge anyone, in the U.S. or Europe especially, to check out this study on our countries' general milk supply and give a serious look at what you're drinking.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/07/09/the-devil-in-the-milk.aspx

Merclola is not a reputable source.

Source? And interesting that you chose to only look at the site where the article is hosted, and not actually read it. :(

Oh, I have read his stuff.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    --- food for thought

Lots actually.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Whole milk, IMO, is not bad for you. Skim milk is not good for you. Fat is an essential nutrient we all need. Personally i drink 2% because i like it but if it wasnt available i'd drink whole.

Whole milk is especially important for babies and young children who need the fat for brain development.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    --- food for thought

Lots actually.
    Yep, pretty much all animals will drink milk if given the option.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Whole milk, IMO, is not bad for you. Skim milk is not good for you. Fat is an essential nutrient we all need. Personally i drink 2% because i like it but if it wasnt available i'd drink whole.

Whole milk is especially important for babies and young children who need the fat for brain development.
    There is some correlation with fat free milk to some cancers I'm finding, again correlations. Mothers milk is full of DHA which is essential for brain development not only as an infant but as a fetus as well.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    To hell with fat-free or reduced fat dairy.
  • IFlover90
    IFlover90 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm a big believer in whole food nutrition, that's including whole milk.