Mcdonals Frappe DISASTER

Options
13»

Replies

• uli2477
    uli2477 Posts: 9
    Options
    I would think it is a safe bet that just about anything with the word Caramel in it is probably going to be calorie heavy. And if you add that it came from McDon'talds, makes it even more likely to be full of unwholesome sweet fatness.

Step away from the fast food counter, you are standing too close to the poison!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This is to make you all feel better :P

Saturday's late night disaster involved a chicken snack wrap, oreo mcflurry, Grand Angus Burger and 10 nuggets. I must have needed the protein :) LOL
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I learned a long time ago (the hard way) to ask before I order something if it made with non fat milk , what the ingredients are and how its made. My local McD said the only thing they could make non fat was coffee, iced coffee and an iced mocha. Now I stick to my local coffee shop and Starbucks where I can get it made exactly the way I want it and I know what it is going to cost me calorie wise. It not often I drink my calories, I try to stick to tea or coffee with Splenda and 3tbs of non fat milk.
  • peart47
    peart47 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If the govt is serious about tackling obesity in this country they should mandate by law that every fast food item display: Cals, Carbs, Fat, and Protein on all ad signs/posters and beside the menu listings right where the prices are!

Honestly, imagine what an impact that would make to Frappe sales and McDonalds crap. It would force these companies to stop stuffing their foods with cream and sugar!

It's not just the cream and the sugar, most fast food ice cream's main ingredient is pig fat.... How's that for gross. After I saw that little fact, I refuse to eat any ice cream except from my own maker.
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It's not just the cream and the sugar, most fast food ice cream's main ingredient is pig fat.... How's that for gross. After I saw that little fact, I refuse to eat any ice cream except from my own maker.

Really??? Do you have any more details on that - like proof or something? If an ice cream has pig fat, I will definitely be no longer eating it, but this is the first time I've heard such a thing
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    One of my thrills in life pre MFP was getting a small peach milkshake at Chic-fil-A, without the whipped cream. For those who ever go there, they do have an awesome meal planner that will let you figure out your total nutrition and calorie count before you go so you can cut out things as you wish..

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/#calculator

Alas, the small peach shake with whipped cream is 720 calories, so that won't even fit into a maintenance plan!!

Someone gave me an apple juice today, which I guiltily drank. For the calories I would rather have a nice glass of wine!