C25K Beginnners

Options
NewMe80xoxo, NancyMoedt and I are starting the C25K program on Monday (5-10-10). This is going to be a place for us to check in with each other, report our progress, and support each other! Anyone is welcome to join us!

If you don't know what the C25K is, here's a link that will tell you everything you need to know! ;)http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Replies

• AmberMcDowell
    Options
    I would love to join you, I started the program a few weeks ago but only did it 3 times and had to take time off. So I am starting from scratch again :)
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    What is C25K? I think I will google it....
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Ah, couch to 5Km...got it!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you, I started the program a few weeks ago but only did it 3 times and had to take time off. So I am starting from scratch again :)

Glad to have you join us!
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Count me in as well! Meant to start this week but had some bad shin spints going on at the beginning of the week from overdoing it. I've got my new running shoes and handy C25K app on my iphone. Can't wait to start! I've never ran much at all so excited to push myself in a new way.
  • megatron123
    megatron123 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in! I've been meaning to get started on this for awhile. Monday sounds good!
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Went ahead and did W1D1 this morning! Holy crap, it was harder than I thought. On the 2nd or 3rd run in I wanted to quit! But I kept on pushing through and it got easier and then harder again before I was done. But I made it! That's all that matters!
    The hardest thing was not having water with me and dealing with the wind hurting my ears. They're really sensitive to the cold. But I had to push all that aside:-)
    It was SO tough, I'm not gonna lie, but it felt great to acomplish it!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Options
    Went ahead and did W1D1 this morning! Holy crap, it was harder than I thought. On the 2nd or 3rd run in I wanted to quit! But I kept on pushing through and it got easier and then harder again before I was done. But I made it! That's all that matters!
    The hardest thing was not having water with me and dealing with the wind hurting my ears. They're really sensitive to the cold. But I had to push all that aside:-)
    It was SO tough, I'm not gonna lie, but it felt great to acomplish it!

Way to push through!! Glad to have you in the group!!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Options
    I'm in! I've been meaning to get started on this for awhile. Monday sounds good!

Happy to have you! :D
  • NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm so happy to have everyone starting with us!!! I can't wait to start Monday!!!!
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Just finished W1D2! Hope everyone has great weather today and can get out and DO this! Mentally, I went through every excuse in the book this morning before finally getting up and getting out the door. Felt great and it was much better than Day 1! Good luck everyone!
  • NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    I have a question. Are we susposed to do the c25k every day 3 times a day like 5 days a week or only 3 days? B/c it says workout 1 workout 2 workout 3...I'm confused!!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I am attempthning this...i know i will be stuck on wk1d1 for a while :sad: but I will get ther.e

To answer your quesiton, its not 3 x a day that would be torture, i think it is 3x a week.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Options
    I just completed W1D1! That was just not easy, lol. Weather's kinda icky, but I did it anyway XP

NewMe80xoxo - It's three times a week :D
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I would love to join you! I started this last week...currently on w1d3 (which I will do 2morrow).

I tried to join a different group but seemed to get lost in the shuffle, since it was pretty big, and it seemed like most of the regulars are in much higher weeks already.

I feel I will definitley get more out of it if I have more people that can experience the same weeks as me, at the same time. Hope that makes sense!!297.gif
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Hi!! I would love to join you! I started this last week...currently on w1d3 (which I will do 2morrow).

I tried to join a different group but seemed to get lost in the shuffle, since it was pretty big, and it seemed like most of the regulars are in much higher weeks already.

I feel I will definitley get more out of it if I have more people that can experience the same weeks as me, at the same time. Hope that makes sense!!297.gif
    I felt the same way too! Glad to have a small group that's starting together.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I will join you in this challenge. A little late, so I'll be doing W1D1 on Wednesday. I did a kettlebell workout on Sunday and needed all this time to recover from it. All I could do is take a 30min walk and some stretching. Hopefully by tomorrow my muscles would have recovered. So if I do the C25K alternating with the kettlebells, I hope to see some serious loss of fat :happy:
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way too! Glad to have a small group that's starting together.

I think it will definitely make a big difference in our success with the program.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I hope I can join this group. I was in another group, but the group is too big and so far along. I am on Week 2 Day 1. Doing day 2 on Wednesday.

Good luck to all!
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I would love to join too! I've gotten through week 6 and couldn't move past running 2.25 miles. I've had some health issues (bronchitis) and maybe starting over will help me get through it. I'll start tomorrow, but cautiously so.