One year down.

Options
2»

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Congrats on your success!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Well done. This most definitely belongs in the success threads, it's a very impressive accomplishment.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I read this AND the blog :laugh: Great job and well done for finding the sensible route after trying the 'miracle diet' way back then.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story!! Way to go!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    You can tell a story! Congrats!

There's no holding you back? What is your goal for the next year?

I would like to get to 170ish and see where I am at. According to the charts and calcs, I should be 165ish.

You'll do it! Trust the mirror :)
  • mjh0311
    mjh0311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Congrats on your success!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Why can I not edit my own posts? Anyway.. I will have to do this this way because MFP isn't playing well. Here are the pics

Last Easter:

111sm_zpsc4c516d2.jpg

103sm_zps65743a30.jpg

089sm_zps86acc2ca.jpg

Anniversary in old clothes (for Scott): These clothes used to be tight, and I had to struggle to get in them.

IMG_7888sm_zps19896408.jpg

IMG_7889sm_zpsa2286c70.jpg

IMG_7881sm_zpsf84cc1c3.jpg

IMG_7891sm_zps842c2456.jpg

Me being as normal as is possible for me from Sunday April 7, 2013:

IMG_7206sm_zpsf7de8a8b.jpg

IMG_7829sm_zpse32e4aa3.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    The pictures make me SO happy, BB. You are doing such a great joke and you look fantastic.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    The pictures make me SO happy, BB. You are doing such a great joke and you look fantastic.

joke?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

joke?

JOB -- :blushing:

We talk enough that I expect you to speak Amberese.
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm hesitant to post this in success stories. I don't see myself having achieved success yet. I still have a ways to go before I can transition to maintenance mode. However, I have come a long way in the last year. I tend to be a storyteller, and my posts can get long. So, I promised myself I would keep the forum post to a very brief synopsis to prevent people from coming in and saying TL; DR.

I was at my mother’s house on April 8th, 2012 (Easter Sunday). I realized I had hit a new low. I sat and reflected. In the years that I had graduated from my nursing program, I realized I had gotten out of hand. I weighed myself: 280 pounds. I thought of how I couldn’t stand to see myself in pictures anymore. When I had to have a picture taken, I always positioned one of the kids in such a way, that I couldn’t see my belly. I had one pair of jeans that I could squeeze into, and that was work. They were 46x30. All of my XXL t-shirts were now fitting very tightly, and my belly would peek out of the bottom more frequently than not. My dress shirts with an 18.5 inch neck could not even come close to having the top button buttoned. My ties only came to half way up my belly. My expandable dress pants with the elastic expansion in the waist were stretched to the maximum.

My health was being affected in some ways. I couldn’t sleep at night. When I did sleep, it was only by laying on my face. If I slept in any other position, I would snore and wake myself up, I would wake up with pain from the weight putting pressure on my joints, or my diaphragm could not effectively move for me to feel like I was getting enough oxygen. I needed 3 pillows to sit up in bed, or I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I could not sit upright on the floor because I couldn’t’ breathe, or the fat would push me back. I had constant back pain, and felt like I might have been developing a pressure ulcer on my sacrum. My feet constantly ached, and the bones creaked and snapped when I walked.

I had lost my ability to complete my own ADLs. It had been year since I was able to reach my toes. I couldn’t clasp my hands behind my back. My flexibility was shot. I had to have someone else clip my toenails. When I bent to tie my shoes, I couldn’t breathe because my diaphragm was immobilized against the crushing weight of my flab. I would tie one, and rest for a few minutes to catch my breath, and then tie the other. I had to tie them with my fingers outstretched as far as I could just to get to the laces. I had some of my employees offering to tie my shoes for me. When I went to the bathroom, even wiping my own backside was nearly impossible. I couldn’t reach around. I had to use giant wads of toilet paper to get it. That was embarrassing.

So, here I sit at my one year anniversary of the beginning of my hitting rock bottom. I am currently sitting at 195 pounds. That’s 85 pounds down in one year. As I reflect on all the things that have changed in my life over the last year, I am happy with what has happened. My fitness level has increased overall. While I am still technically obese per BMI, I feel a lot better. I can sit upright on the floor and breathe. I can reach behind myself and wash my back. I can wipe my backside without a problem. I can run 3.5 miles on a treadmill at 5.5 MPH without getting winded. I can work an arc trainer or treadmill for 60 minutes at a time. I can swim breaststroke indefinitely without getting winded. I can reach my toes and clip my toenails and tie my own shoes. I can sleep on my back and on my side without waking myself from pain or snoring. People I haven’t seen in 8 months don’t even recognize me, and have to ask who I am. I have gone from needing to wear XXXL shirts and scrubs to wearing larges (I need a medium in my swimsuit now). My neck has lost over 3 inches, my waist 8 inches. I am not done yet.

Like I said above, this is just the abstract. If you are really interested in my whole story, you can view it here (you can view it if you aren't interested too I guess):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SpeSHul_SnoflEHk/view/there-and-back-how-i-got-there-and-reflections-on-the-last-year-s-work-515861

Thank you for sharing this... Believe me, you have basically hit exactly what I was going through. Awesome!
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow what a huge difference a year makes. You are an inspiration to us who are still struggling.

Also how dare you consider NOT posting under success stories.....I spank you! You are a total success with more success to come! :bigsmile:
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Amazing job Hun! You look fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The pictures are fantastic!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! 85lbs in one year definitely belongs in success stories. You look great too btw :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!