Gluten free!

Options
im just starting out and im hoping foir some meal plan ideas and suggestions. im also trying to avoid milk as is the white liquid not all dairy. thoughts, suggestions and ideas are welcome and appreciated!!

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    do you have a gluten intolerance or celiac disease?

are you also lactose intolerant?
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i cant be the only one doing this??
  • casbar911
    casbar911 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    there is a gluten free group on here. :)
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    Options
    i think i may be glutose intolerant. or not but i think gluten is a trigger for me to eat impulsively.
    i think i am lactose intolerant but only to milk ifthat makes any sense...
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    Options
    there is a gluten free group on here. :)
    is there a link??
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    i think i may be glutose intolerant. or not but i think gluten is a trigger for me to eat impulsively.

If you were lactose intolerant it would be all dairy foods that would upset your stomach. Cheese, ice cream, yogurt, milk, etc. You're most likely NOT lactose intolerant, your stomach just doesn't agree specifically with MILK.

Check out skinnytaste.com for a huge selection of gluten free recipes.
  • carlydalton1995
    Options

Gluten intolerant*
    and if you were lactose intolerant it would be to all products with lactose in, so all dairy
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    <--- gluten and dairy free. I've been gluten free since July 2012. I was deathly sick. It was the best thing I ever did.
  • rmn79
    rmn79 Posts: 39
    Options
    If you have a Kindle or Kindle app Amazon has free gluten- free or Paleo recipes. As for a milk substitute, almond/coconut milk is delicious and has the same amounts of protein and double the calcium.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    gluten is not going to trigger you to eat impulsively. not everyone is gluten intolerant, but there are people out there who cannot eat it that do not have celiac disease.

the average person can handle gluten
  • rmn79
    rmn79 Posts: 39
    Options
    [/quote]

The average person can, I can, but I feel so much better without it and cannot imagine going back, I feel better now than I did when I was a teenager. I spoke to a nutritionist who told me the human gi was not designed for gluten, especially the modified gluten we consume these days. It is a personal choice but one that is well worth it.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation to try a Primal or Paleo eating plan (marksdailyapple.com is my favorite website that includes lots of ideas and recipes that avoid wheat/gluten and dairy). I've just recently convinced my mother to eliminate wheat from her diet to see if it will help with her digestive problems, and she's finally feeling better. Eating primal has helped me immensely with steady weight loss, elimination of acid reflux, and reduction in joint pain.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Have you ever used buckwheat four? Just don't use it if it's Bob's red mill, theirs is gluten contaminated. Hodgenson mill has gluten free buckwheat flour.
  • chicagospeechie
    chicagospeechie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    81% of people who switch to GF gain weight, so don't fall into the trap of replacing gluten with other GF junk.

I've cut out gluten and take it easy on GF products (only homemade and only for treats). It's been one month and I have far more energy, my mood is improved, I *think* my acne is better, and I've lost 2 inches off my waist (28" to 26") and 2 inches off my stomach. I haven't been able to exercise until this weekend (I had surgery 7 weeks ago).
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    Options
    well put it this way- all my trigger foods have gluten in them
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    Options
    gluten is not going to trigger you to eat impulsively. not everyone is gluten intolerant, but there are people out there who cannot eat it that do not have celiac disease.

well put it this way- all my trigger foods have gluten in them
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    Options
    I second the recommendation to try a Primal or Paleo eating plan (marksdailyapple.com is my favorite website that includes lots of ideas and recipes that avoid wheat/gluten and dairy). I've just recently convinced my mother to eliminate wheat from her diet to see if it will help with her digestive problems, and she's finally feeling better. Eating primal has helped me immensely with steady weight loss, elimination of acid reflux, and reduction in joint pain.
    I tried paleo but i barely lasted a day. its way too restrictive... i can live without milk but going dairy free is pretty much impossible for me. im not vegetarian but i am not a big meat eater at all
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I'd look into the primal way of eating ... Check out Marksdailyapple.com. According to Mark Sisson, dairy is fine in moderation. Two other favorite websites of mine (though they are paleo, not primal) are civilizedcookingcreations.com and paleomg.com. I tried paleo as well & didn't last very long but primal is much better, IMO. Its so worth the benefits too. I fully believe that our bodies were not made to digest the processed crap that is sold today. Its amazing how since wheat/artificial products/GMO have become such a big part of the American diet, there are so many diseases that have become prevalent as well. I do recommend allowing a cheat day every now & then or eating 80/20 so it isn't so restrictive. Much easier to stick with that way. Ok off my primal soapbox now. Haha
  • bellybusterclub
    Options
    i went gluten free and lost 6 stone in 9 months, i was very discaplined and did it for health reasons and for charity with 2 friends. i was diagnoised with ms. weighed in at 17st 9lb size 24 and 9 months in weighed 11.5 and size 12. drastic weight loss too fast ! sadly i went back to my old ways of missing meals and eating carbs and have gained 4 stone over the last year and a half. but i have recently started a club from my pub the george and dragon buddies belly buster club where we meet to support each other, weigh in and discuss recipes and ideas . ITS FUN! most of us are doing a high protein LOW carb not no carb way of eating and we are all dropping the pounds. get a club together , its so true when you do it with friends you spur each other on !
  • pomegranatemint
    pomegranatemint Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten, lactose (mostly) and a few other between. Doing the FODMAP diet for IBS.

I actually didn't think I had an issue with gluten, but since going off gluten I have lost that overly full feeling, and my headaches and migraines have almost disappeared, which is a just the best thing in the world. I was getting headaches everyday for about 4 months.

My body is breaking down, I am coming more and more intolerant to foods. It sucks, but at least if forces me to eat clean.

Gluten doesn't really mean you have to go low carb...there are flours etc just without the gluten in them.

I have become lactose intolerant to most dairy (any rich dairy) but can have hard tasty cheese in moderation.