Hardest part about dieting?

Options
13»

Replies

• jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Having the self control to say no to alcohol, I love hanging out with my friends on the weekends and having lime a ritas or the newest straw ber ritas, I cant just have no and i crumble under peer presure. Its hard for me to just say no to going out or when everyone is at my house say no to drinking. UGHHHH i hate you fun times!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Treating it like a diet instead of just being the way I live my life.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Fighting my natural tendencies for gluttony, sloth and greed.

Other than that, it's a doddle.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is measuring almost everything (can be a huge pain in the rear), not eating a lot of vegetables, & guessing on certain food items if you're not sure on the calories.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    For me it's making healthy choices where I sooo don't want to. For instance, after the gym my fiance and I went to Panera.

I got a half chicken caesar salad (220 cals, 19 g protein) and a cup of cheddar broccoli soup (200 cals, 8 g protein). What I really wanted was a spinach and artichoke souffle (550 cals, 34!!!g of fat) which do not fill me up in the slightest.

Sometimes I just get so tired of it and wanna say **** it and have that whole pizza or entire box of cookies or entire package of chips like I used to, but I'm glad I don't. I always feel good after making the right choice, but the right choice wouldn't always necessarily be the first one :laugh:

That being said, I don't deprive myself. I've just learned to swap certain things for others and portion control. :)

ETA: another thing I have trouble with is accountability. Before, if no one was home and there were pastries, chocolates, candies, etc, bet your *kitten* I'm stuffing my face without telling anyone OR putting it in my diary. Perhaps that's why I gained it all back and then some :) But I haven't done that yet this time!

This might sound gross.... BUT I say give everything at least 1 try. When I go out and I order soups/salads... Eat HALF, bring the rest home. Also, you can ask them for a second plate/bowl ...try putting the soup in a bowl and putting extra water in it. It will make it less in calories and to your EYES it will trick you into thinking you're eating more. For salads.... I do this with creamy dressings..SAVES so much on calories.

Just a lil trick that I discovered.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    being obsessed with calories ):