Top 5 Foods BANNED from my home ...

Options

Replies

• MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    CAKE!!!

My one and only true weakness. I only bake it now if the kids take them to school for parties or we are going to an event somewhere. I have been known to eat most of the cupcakes in one day.
  • JessyBevy
    JessyBevy Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Haven't tried this yet - will have to
  • 07732k4y
    07732k4y Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey, you talking ice cream mars bars and oreo cookies! Bread and tatoes!

I have banned rolled oats and only buy steel cut, because:

1. They slower carbs
    2. Take more time to cook (steamed rolled oats I can munch dry!)

I have banned everything. I have banned big bags of healthy stuff like seeds and nuts, because no matter how healthy and organic it is if I eat tones of it I get fat.
    My freezer is stuffed with frozen spinach and broccoli, because when I get munchies a whole bag of spinach is about 200-300 kkal, but a lot of volume.

I know it sounds disgusting: broccoli and spinach, but at some point these sad veggies started to make me as exited as ice cream mars bars, oreo cookies and cheese pops use to do.

I do have a good lean steak or organic salmon for lunch, but I try not to buy/defrost/cook more than one portion.
    Because when I try to cook for three days I eat everything in one day and bye-bye my 2000kkal a day.
  • JessyBevy
    JessyBevy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Red lobster gave us complimentary desserts one night and we brought them home. I checked the calorie content and decided 5 bites was not worth 500+ calories.

Good for you! - Have you noticed that any "giveaway" or free food is usually terrible for you? We had Corner Bakery stop by my work with free cookies to promote business. I avoided eye contact with them :huh:
  • saam62
    saam62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1) Middlesworth chips
    2) Choc. ice cream
    3) Choc chip cookies
    4) Mac and Cheese
    5) Hersheys miniature dark choc. bars

I won't touch any other chips in my house - we just can't buy Middlesworth or I will eat the whole weekend bag in 1 night...
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any banned foods... I never buy cookies or chips or anything, but I never really like store bought ones since I don't really like them.

I guess the only thing it the speculoos cookie butter at Trader Joe's. I can eat a whole jar of that in a couple days, so it's a special occasion treat.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
    Ben & Jerry's Half Baked
    Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby
    (I see a pattern emerging...:laugh:)
    Doritos
    Twizzlers
  • Joraw
    Joraw Posts: 1
    Options
    I havent actually banned them, but these would be my five
    Chocolate
    Biscuits
    Cakes
    Bread
    Potatoes
  • vanessapreston66
    vanessapreston66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1). Crisps.....ready salted, bacon, roast chicken are my favourites....but any flavour will do it!!

2). Crackers and cheese......any and any!

3). Wine....Red especially, but not limited to only wine and booze will do with exceptio to vodka and gin. A half empty bottle belongs to next door :S

4). Nuts......Pistachios, salted, are history in my house. Inhaliated. Dead! ;)

5). Tomato juice......If there is a litre or even two I will drink it all down in one go....cant help it....addicted to it :)
  • marfar7
    marfar7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jolly Ranchers! I suck on them when I'm watching tv at night and I'll down 20 of them before I know it. The calories sure add up!
  • kimm147
    kimm147 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    oops
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    These are not banned at my house, but they are bought only on rare (and I mean very rare) occasions:

1. Oreos
    2. Snickers Bar
    3. Reece Cups
    4. Cheesecake
    5. Potato Chips
  • iceandfires
    Options
    anything from the snack food isle/anything over processed that doesn't require prep work.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Klondike Bars
    Klondike Sandwiches
    Cheese Puffs
    Potato Chips

I have no problem keeping single-serving ice creams in the fridge and having one on occasion. But Klondike I'll eat the whole package.

And I have no problem keeping crackers or tortilla chips around and measuring out an ounce from time to time.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Twizzlers Strawberry or Chocolate. I have eaten an ENTIRE large bag in a day. :sick:
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    just soda

oh and white bread
  • landay
    landay Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nutella
    Reeses peanut butter cups
    any kind of ice cream
    Doritos (or really any other kinds of chips)
    Wheat thins, or any other flavored crackers
    Sugar cereal
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Little Debbie anything
    Hungry Man Dinners
    Vernors
    Anything unhealthy that has the word Cherry in it :laugh:
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    1. Biscoff Spread
    2. Nutella
    3. Chocolate Chips
    4. Soda
    5. Doughnuts

Yea, I have a BIT of a sweet-tooth :(
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Pastas, I don't care what kind, frozen, canned, ones cooked by me!
    Spinach dip
    Ham
    Donuts from a real bakery (I don't eat the hockey pucks you buy at Timmies!)
    Philadelphia chip dips with Old Dutch Ripple Chips