• simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sugar including HFCS
    White flour
    PUFAs
    processed anything
    storebought bread/grain products
    . . . is there anything left to ban at that point as most snack foods or unhealthy foods fall under one of those LOL
    Haagen daz. . . . my one treat that has things it shouldn't but if it is in the house I will eat it, so it is my once a month treat as homemade icecream is not as good.
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cookies!

And anything non pre portioned. Like a large bag of almonds. I need small calorie controlled portions!

Peanut butter was banned, but I'm really trying to eat it more now and flexing my will power muscles. So far, so good.

I've just bought little 85% dark chocolate squares (around 75 cals each). I'll keep them at work where I'd be too embarrassed to scoff more than 1.

Means I can cure my craving with no risk of going overboard.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Chips
    Chips
    Chips
    Chips
    and Ice cream.
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Diet coke in a can
    Tomato basil Wheat thins
    Frito flavor twists
    Red vines
    Circus peanuts (don't ask)

Sigh.
  • puddensisk
    Options
    1. Diet Coke or any products with aspartame in it.
    2. Grapefruit (yuck!!)
    3. Pasta, Macaroni and cheese
    4. Bread (I will eat multi-grain wheat every once in awhile)
    5. Sugar (replaced with Agave nectar or Stevia)

Grapefruit actually helps with weight loss. You should learn to love it....try ruby grapefruit instead. I always hated it. Now I love it.

Grapefruit interferes with medications that I am on, so it's a good thing that I don't like it anyway. Grapefruit is not a good thing for everybody. There are plenty of other fruits out there that I love so I don't feel like I'm missing out.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Doritos!!!
    Rocky road Ice cream!! I can flex 1/2 a container in a sitting
    Whiskey!!
    Girl scout cookies!
    Chocolate bars!
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Noting is banned. I am allergic to tons of stuff and it is all in my home.
    I have fantastic will power though.
    I really dislike orange colored things (cheetos doritos etc) but only cause it winds up on the hands of those that hug me...making it become part of my shirt. Which will be white the day of the orange.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Any kind of pastry or pie
    Any kind of chips
    Anything with hydrogenated oils
    Breakfast cereals
    Any bread product that has detectable aroma.. including but not limited to, Pizza, garlic knots, fresh baked 9 grain bread from the bakery, french baguettes, warm tortillas, Garlic Naan, regular naan, Roti, chipati, Fresh pita bread, Maneesh, fresh bagels, toast... Regular supermarket loaf bread is OK as long as I can't detect even a hint of aroma!
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A L M O N D S!!!!!! I can eat them by the truck load!
  • Seagull911
    Seagull911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These are the ones that hurt:

butter, cheese, Kemps maple nut ice cream, salt and vinegar potato chips and Tuna Helper.
  • Joely_mole
    Options
    Peanut Butter... I'm not sure what it is about peanut butter but if it's in the house I will find away to eat it until it's gone.... So I'll be like ohhhh pb toast for breakfast pb and banana for a snack pb sandwich for lunch pb and apples for a snack pb on anything for dinner... I've eaten a whole jar in 2-3 days... so now I just don't buy it. I have no control when it comes to Peanut Butter!

I completely feel your pain, PB has to be one of the nicest things out there, could easily sit with a spoon and munch through a jar!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I should also add.

Turkey bacon!?
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    Trader Joe's Salt & Pepper potato chips
    Pizza
    Cheese Enchiladas
    Quesadillas
    Chocolate cake

Can't say no to any of that stuff, and if I start eating it, I'll eat way too much. So, out it stays!
  • TT64
    TT64 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't ban anything from my home, but my top foods that I eat too much of when I do eat it:

1. Pasta (I'm Italian.....I love it!)

2. Doritos and Kettle Salt and Vinegar chips (why can't I eat just a few???!!!!!)

3. Crusty bread.........toasted with butter (it's so addicitive, so satisfying.....I can eat a loaf by myself!)

4. Cashews, almonds, pecans. ( I love nuts.....and eating only the reccomended 12 a day is so hard.....I can eat cups of them)

5. chocolate covered almonds
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    NUTELLA!!!!!!!!
    Ice Cream (And I don'T mean Sorbets or stuff... I mean real Ice Cream like Haegen Dasz or Ben & Jerrys)
    Cake and everything else made from Dough
    Chocolate of every kind
    Gummy Bears, Jelly Beans, all this evil stuff
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    There is a lot that is banned from my home because it's crap and I don't want it around because I won't have either one of us eating it, but as for stuff that is banned because I will eat all of it if it's around... oh yeah there's definitely a solid list!!

1. Lays Limon Potato Chips (and to some extent the Lays Dill Pickle Chips)... the Limons are way too much to resist. I have self control but having these around is too much of a risk.

2. Macadamia nuts. I get them in small doses with the Kind bars, but if I have a bag or a jar around, the whole thing will be gone in one sitting. Almonds and other nuts I can do in small doses and be fine. Just the macs that cause trouble.

3. Chips Ahoy. No explanation needed.

4. Totinos Sausage Party Pizza

5. Tobasco Slim Jims!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    1. Bread
    2. Rice
    3. Corn
    4. Potatoes
    5. Pasta

We are trying to be low carber's for life & these top 5 just simply will not do...
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Lemon cookies- ugh I can't stop eating them!!!
    Cool whip- I start of wiith just a tad on a strawberry then it turns into spooning out the carton.
    Potato Chips
    Blue Bonnet Birthday Cake Ice Cream
    Pickles!!! So much sodium!
  • Dennish68
    Dennish68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    interesting topic...i am shocked at the number of people that have Nutella and Goldfish on their list. i don't even like either one really. For me it would be,

1. Pop Tarts- i wish they came packaged individually because there is no way i am opening up one and putting the other one back
    2. Oreos- especially double Stuff
    3. Sugary Cereals, such as Fruity Pebbles and Cap'n Crunch....3/4 c is a serving??? for who? an anorexic 1 year old?
    4. Doritos...can so easily eat a bag for dinner or late night snack( i guess i might as well put Fritos and Cheetos here as well)
    5. Ben and Jerry's- serving size, 1/2 c???!!!, see #3
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    cherry coke, i know its not food but its my biggest weakness
    any snack over 150 calories
    processed food
    ready meals
    tinned food

I have no problem with soda, I loathe all kinds and have never drunk it. I am fine with snacks too, as often my calories are low. Processed food, ready meals and anything canned except tuna and sardines are banned, so is anything made with wheat, grains and soy, including all the oils. I happily eat saturated fat, but other fats are restricted, and corn and vegetable oils are banned.