What accessories do you bring to the gym?

Options

Replies

• JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    water and iPod with ear buds. =) I always travel as light as possible
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Gripz take the tension away from the main muscles your working, so I don't feel like they're a good accessory unless you're just using them on last reps / finishing sets. I just bring my phone and head phones and if I'm doing chest day I might bring gloves.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    phone (this is my mp3 player), earbuds, notebook, pen, water bottle, towel, chalk if I'm dead lifting.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Phone & earbuds, that takes care of 1. recording my workout (on JEFit), 2. music to listen to, and 3. book to read if I am doing cardio.

Towel, water bottle, post-workout shake (but I put that one in my locker)

Fractional weight set. I put them in a fanny pack and sling it over my arm.

Seems like an awful lot of junk to me, but it's all needed.
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If im taking a class, just my carkeys... if im going independent, the musical device, and the carkeys. My 24hr supplies towels... they rock. My 5yr daughter,however, who goes to the kids club, often brings a purse full of everything she can get away with lol.
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bottle of water

iPod until I misplaced it and now it's driving me mad not being able to find it
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    For lifting, Versa Grips, notebook and pencil, water, phone and headphones. For yoga, my own mat, mat towel, face towel, and water.
  • donnacervelli11
    donnacervelli11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    iPhone, headphones, keys, maybe a water bottle if I can find one.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Gripz take the tension away from the main muscles your working, so I don't feel like they're a good accessory unless you're just using them on last reps / finishing sets. I just bring my phone and head phones and if I'm doing chest day I might bring gloves.
    I think that's kind of the point of the gripz. They're supposed to be used for strengthening your grip and forearms so that when you take them off you'll find that you're able to handle more weight. I think including them in compound pulling lifts would make for a well-rounded program. Strong grip strength is important too!
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    earphones, water bottle and wrist straps.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options

thats not true at all. Wrist straps don't take anything away from the muscles you're working on. They actually increase intensity on that muscle. The whole idea of wrist straps is so you can go beyond grip failure. Its been proven in studies that people who use wrist straps on heavy weights can squeeze out 1 or 2 more reps every time than people who do not. If you're worried about your grip strength then you can incorporate grip strength training into your routine.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Ipod & Water bottle. Nice and simple
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    oly bar plate clamps, lifting straps, yoga strap for mid-workout shoulder dislocations, bandana/sweat towel, water bottle, lifting belt, chalk, iPhone for Fitocracy logging.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options

thats not true at all. Wrist straps don't take anything away from the muscles you're working on. They actually increase intensity on that muscle. The whole idea of wrist straps is so you can go beyond grip failure. Its been proven in studies that people who use wrist straps on heavy weights can squeeze out 1 or 2 more reps every time than people who do not. If you're worried about your grip strength then you can incorporate grip strength training into your routine.

o_O

Gripz =/= lifting straps
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My access card, iPhone, and if can remember sweat pants and underwear.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Nalgene, iPod, Notebook, Pen
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Water bottle, towel, small notebook and pen. I leave the cellphone at home where it belongs.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When I'm going to workout I have a water bottle , a small towel and my ipod and the armband holder.

The things I leave in my locker is usually a change of clothes(sometimes) , money ,keys , towel , and my phone and eye liner .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Towel, water, Smart phone (serves for music as well as I log my weights I lifted and rest timer)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Water bottle, gloves