41 pounds lost *with pics*

Options
alitap
alitap Posts: 38 Member
Hey all, I had a MFP account for ages but have not diligently used it until Jan 5th 2013. The forum has truly inspired me and now that im succesful in helping my body feel better, I thought of sharing my progress.

I was 196 pounds at my heaviest, 5 Jan 2013, and I now weigh 154 pounds. I still have another 22 pounds to lose before I reach my goal weight.

Today, I sit here and i find it so impossible to believe that I've come this far. I was never like this. I used to be fit, healthy, in tracks, played rugby and stuff but the past two years have been very nasty. Had bad break-ups, a bad job, my graduation, all these just seemed to take a toll on my health.

Being big, didnt help at all. I couldnt fit in clothes that i owned and liked. I used to get so dissapointed each time I went into the fitting rooms. People (even my folks) used to mock me. I used to behave like a frumpy old cow, venting my weight frustrations on everyone around me. I used to blame every other person for my weight gain but myself.

But when things got really bad, I met my current boyfriend who accepted me for who i was, even though I was wayyyy bigger than him. He motivated me to see the brighter side of life. He thought me how to appreciate the life I have. He said one thing to me, "If my weight really bothers me, change it! And if you don't want to change it, don't complain about it. If you want to lose weight, do it for yourself, not for others".

My exercise regime is simple, JUST GIVE EVERY WORKOUT YOUR BEST! Ive never left the gym dissappointed. I work out 5-6 times a week (after my work). I didnt skip workout no matter what, even if it was my godchilds baptism, my dad's birthday, etc. I still worked-out and scheduled my life around my workouts and not the other way round. I started with just brisk-walking and now I run 3.2km. I know, I avoid lifting, although I try doing it occassionaly but I dont believe in doing something you dont like to. Workouts are just 40%, the other 60% I say is your diet. I controlled my portions, cut down on unhealthy food, tried to keep my diet as clean as possible. Yes, i did have some cheat days when i really gave into temptation. Ive also pigged out on somedays, but it doesnt matter as long as you keep trying.

I just want everyone to know that nothing is impossible and there is no limit to what you can achieve.

IMG_3699_zpsab2ae4cb.jpg

IMG_3965_zps83b86eb3.jpg

IMG_3369_zpsb9d2cfce.jpg

BHZJtmiCEAAOCcP_zps760831e6.jpg

BHZW7Q3CEAIe1bZ_zpsd9026a39.jpg

BHZNzb4CMAALmMY_zps47b661d9.jpg

Replies

• writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Fantastic effort and great progress! Good luck with the last 22lbs... I have no doubt you will make it!
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    wow you look amazing
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations :)
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    Awesome! Wishing you continued success!
  • Darcyclementine
    Darcyclementine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - well done!
  • jacobjacksmom
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! :)
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You look strong, healthy and beautiful! You can do the 22! (hey, that rhymes)
  • MadeittoMaintenance
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look Fantastic! Keep up the good work!!
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awsome Job Girlie.....You look amazing:smile:
  • CasiiD
    CasiiD Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You're looking amazing! Be proud!
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    you are awesome, great motivation to us all... good luck on the last 22
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I started out where you are and am aiming for about 140 goal weight! Thanks for the inspiration today! You look amazing!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    You look positively amazing! What a difference!
  • anonymousllama
    anonymousllama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You've just inspired me. Keep up the great work!
  • Otchcake
    Otchcake Posts: 11
    Options
    Way to go!!! You look great!! : D
  • kdroppo
    kdroppo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look great. Awesome job!!!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful - in all pictures by the way!

Well done, great work
  • HallerFitness
    Options
    I notice the weight loss. Great job. For what it's worth, I think you look lovely in all your pictures :)
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazing results in such a short period of time - WAY TO GO! good luck with the rest of your journey! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!