41 pounds lost *with pics*

Options

Replies

• Whippoorwill
    Options
    WTG! I am on the same journey, my goal for this year is 50 pounds for I will be 50 years old next January. I have off 25 pounds since December 28th! your inspiring to me, keep it up!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I know with your determination, you will loose those last 22# in no time. How tall are you btw? Congrats on your success so far!
  • amm1965
    amm1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. You are an inspiration.
  • wickednitsch
    wickednitsch Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If my weight really bothers me, change it! And if you don't want to change it, don't complain about it. <--- I needed to read that this morning. I also appreciate your honesty about days that you weren't so disciplined. Getting back up and staying focused is what I need to practice. Thank you for sharing.
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - great job and thanks for inspiring others!
  • MsJourno
    MsJourno Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. What a difference a healthier lifestyle can make! And you have a great smile too. Congratulations!
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    High5 on your commitment! Your hard work is paying off. Good luck knocking out the remaining 22lbs. You got this!!!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I want your legs!
  • segoviaj048
    Options
    You look amazing! Great Job :)

I have a question for you...did you ever have days or weeks when you thought you things weren't changing and wanted to just give up? I'm down 7 lbs that I know of (didn't weigh myself till after 2 weeks of diet and exercise so I have probably lost more) and I do feel like I see changes, but sometimes I look at my huge arms and gut and just think it's never going to happen; like I will never have 'normal' arms or a 'normal' waist again. I'm exercising at least 5 days a week and I know I have to be patient, but how do you overcome those feelings that you'll never reach your goal?

Also, do you see yourself as the weight you are now, or do you sometimes stil see yourself as the "old" you? I remember losing weight before and thinking I was still fat, but when I look at old pictures now I think, "wow I looked good then!". I hope that doesn't happen again to me this time!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Wow! You look GREAT!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Wonderful job! Good luck on the other 22 pounds, you will be there before you know it.
  • bronze50
    bronze50 Posts: 4
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Congrats on your accomplishment.
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! thank you for all your lovely encouraging replies.

Getting this far was difficult, really difficult....

I would also like to share with you somethings i've learnt through my weight-loss:

1) Surround yourself with people who appreciate your presence and can add value to a better you. If people really care about you and your effort, they will ensure that they dont hinder your progress. If you really matter to them, they will give you the encouragement you need.

2) Realise that there are people around you who have nothing more productive to do in life but to comment on other people's dedication towards their life. I've had people comment about my weight when i was big, there are even those who mock me for being so dedicated towards gym, or those who pass remark on my portion control. Just do what your body requires you to do!

3) Appreciate what life offers you at each stage of your workout. Sometimes, a workout isn't just to lose weight, to me, it is a way to channelize my emotions.

4) Prioritize what is important to you. Its about time, you be selfish and think about yourself. I ensure that I leave work as soon as time is up just so that I get to the gym on time. Understand that if you re not dedicated towards your workouts, they wont be as productive and thus, wont show the results you wish to see.

5) Give your body a break regularly. Remember, an overworked body is more prone to fatigue. Rest if needed but dont use fatigue as an excuse to not workout regularly. Sometimes, a pain killer does the trick.

6) We are all humans! Its ok to be pigging-out once in a while (and later hating yourself for it) or having cheat days. Just dont let one bad day lead to one bad week. Your body allows you a day of binging i believe.

7) There is NO easy way out. All those over-the-counter pills, acai berry, ketones, detox, etc, they're all money swallowing gimmicks! DO NOT INVEST IN THEM! whats worse, you'll endanger your body, or the last thing you need is to gain weight because of them.

8) Treat your body like a temple, worship it.

Just remember - MOTIVATION IS WHAT GETS YOU STARTED AND HABIT IS WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING...

I would recommend you guys the McDavid Waist belt/trimmer. I believe it is the only product ive purchased that has truly worked for me. It makes you sweat like crazy during workouts. Ive lost about 4 inches around my waist with it. You can also use it during your lifting regime.

:)
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow well done you look fab! :)
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I know with your determination, you will loose those last 22# in no time. How tall are you btw? Congrats on your success so far!

I am 5"3 :)
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! That is AMAZING progress especially in such a short period of time. You have inspired me to keep going, a million thank you's.
    Good luck with the last 22 I know you will kill it girlfriend!!!! :)
  • YoungD33
    YoungD33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job and attitude :flowerforyou: I hope to be as successful as you some day!!
  • SophiaGee1
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You look fantastic! You must feel so wonderful! That's an amazing accomplishment. Good luck with the rest of your journey! :wink:
  • Spicydeene
    Spicydeene Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing transformation!! Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!