Dr Oz Starch/Carb news

Options

Replies

• albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is there are TWO Dr. Mehmet Oz's ...

The first is Dr. Mehmet Oz, respected and skilled cardiologist, who clearly is not a moron and is actually quite good at what he does (when he does it.)

The second is "Dr. Oz" television personality and product 'pitch-person' ... who's job is to make money for himself and Oprah Winfrey, and I have very little personal or professional respect for.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz

must...resist...bandwagon...
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    PLEASE stop wasting web time. Think of all the memes we are wasting too!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    When I saw this post earlier today, I could have placed a bet that my co-worker would mention it. Sure enough, I would have won that bet. She mentions everything Dr. Oz says. She tries out his suggestions but has never stuck with any of it.

I can't blame the OP for wanting to spread some diet tips. I just don't buy any of it.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    wizard+of+oz+laughing.gif
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is there are TWO Dr. Mehmet Oz's ...

The first is Dr. Mehmet Oz, respected and skilled cardiologist, who clearly is not a moron and is actually quite good at what he does (when he does it.)

The second is "Dr. Oz" television personality and product 'pitch-person' ... who's job is to make money for himself and Oprah Winfrey, and I have very little personal or professional respect for.

the only problem with this is the Hippocratic Oath.

he's violating it with his TV work.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Resistant starches are the carbs that are slower to metabolize and therefore don't give you a spike in insulin and sugar. They clean out your colon, feed the healthy bacteria in your colon, prevent diabetis, colon cancer and weight gain. All you do is follow his 5 steps:
    1. Eat your pasta, rice and other cooked carbs cold.
    2. Or cook them til el dente ( 3-4 minutes shorter than package says.)
    3. Eat beans, barley and whole grains bread.
    4. Eat green bananas instead of yellow bananas. These you have to cook like plantains. Boil, peel and mash.
    5. Use resistant flour in your cooking on a 1/3 scale. ( 2 regular flour, 1 cup resistant flour. ) There are three types- green banana flour, sorghum flour or any labeled resistant starch flour.

Good luck.

That all sounds absolutely MISERABLE....not to mention wacky as ever. :noway:
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Dr Oz = total imbecile.
    His credibility = 0
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    That guy is wishy washy
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    bertstare.jpg

If you believe Dr. Oz, then I have some beach front property in Nebraska that I am willing to let go of cheap!

I can't break eye contact.

omg this is funny
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Stop scaring ppl. Yellow bananas love you! :noway:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I saw this today, and was fuming mad. I couldn't believe he was promoting this diet. I watch Dr. OZ everyday, even though I don't agree with most of the things he says, there are some segments I enjoy. Like Shaun T!

But back to the point, I would not recommend this!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to slam my head against my desk.
    Dr. Oz sucks.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I want my minute back to look at more pictures of cats. I'd have spent my time more usefully.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8ypfzCSyL1rsjqsro1_500.gif

Should be "Hello. I'm Dr. Oz. I'm not a real doctor, but I play one on TV."
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I bet the OP wasn't expecting THIS when she started this thread :)
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I bet the OP wasn't expecting THIS when she started this thread :)

Oh mahhh goshhh I thought you were one of the Baldwin brothers lol Had to do a triple take
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a moron.

An hour long info-commercial at best!! Despise this man with all his crap!!!! He throws in 5 minutes of actual useful information and the rest is "go out and buy this now to lose 50 lbs"!! grrr

i know. i used to like him, but his info is def corporate driven...
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz and Al Gore -- both great experts in their own minds but when they open their mouths out comes the truth!!!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I like buttermilk scones. I had two today, thus ridding the world of some of the poison that is carbs. What did YOU do today?