Stalled out

Could lack of sleep be the culprit?? I was on a steady decline until 3 weeks ago. Now nothing. I have a teething 9 month old keeping me up at night. Other than that, I haven't changed anything. I'm doing C25K, a little lifting, and definitely eating right.

Replies

• Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    You might want to open your diary for people to help give suggestions, but lack of sleep definitely plays a part!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Yeah I'd bet sleep is the culprit. Your body is probably exhausted and hanging on to the extra fat because it needs to protect itself for energy from lack of sleep? (Totally not scientific, based on no actual knowledge, just a guess). Hope you get some more knowledgeable responses as I'm battling the same (except I've also been eating crappily, so I know that's the culprit for my weight not budging).
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Same here! My little guy is getting his molars, ugh!! I know I'm eating really well and moving more but I hate feeling exhausted in the mornings. :( not fun!

Your food intake seems to be spot one, maybe just some more protein? And be patient, it WILL come off :D
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    You may have hit a plateau, at which point you need to shake things up. If you are lifting, try increasing your weights a little or if you are eating the same amount of calories each day, try having a higher day and a lower day. When you don't change things, your body gets used to it and becomes more efficient so that you can stop losing. So, try switching up your diet, exercise, or both just a little bit.