Replies

• missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I grill it with zero cal. butter, lemon, and old bay
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I like using Cinnamon Pecan Special K Cereal if I am going to batter and fry my Tilapia...otherwise I just toss it on the grill with a little lemon pepper.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I love fish. I normally will use Brummel yogart butter and sautee it in that with different seasonings sometimes adding onions or lemons.
  • MikeNoTalent
    MikeNoTalent Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to cook it?!
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bake or broil it; bread it and put it in a small amount of oilve oil and cook in the electric skillet...that's all I got!
  • pghlulu
    pghlulu Posts: 42
    Options
    I grill it with zero cal. butter, lemon, and old bay

What is zero calorie butter? Or is that just the butter spray (pam)?
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to know...
  • DMBLover70
    Options
    I just made Tilapia on the grill last night. I marinated for 3 hours in fresh squeezed Lime juice, honey, garlic powder, s&p. First I brushed the grill grate with olive oil. Cooked the fish about 7-10 min per side. I have a charcoal smoker/grill...so on a gas grill it probably doesn't take as long. I find that Allrecipes.com has a lot of great recipes. I am always looking for new ways to cook my fish as well and find them helpful!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Olive oil spray and some salt and pepper or other spice mix like a Cajun mix sometimes. Bake in the oven.
  • mdorsett221
    mdorsett221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and then make a spice rub out of minced garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and thyme.

Sounds delicious :happy:
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bumpity

My husband made salmon the other day baked in a foil pack in the oven with some soy sauce and agave syrup. Very tasty.
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bumping(should eat more fish ;) )
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We mostly do salmon. Spray a little olive oil out of my Misto, add some lemon pepper (no salt!!), garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley and pop it in the oven until it's done.

Or raw... can't go wrong with a sake/hamachi sashimi plate!!
  • MacDHH
    MacDHH Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In the crockpot: I rub a salmon steak with either olive oil & either coriander, basil, or lemon. I then place this in a piece of foil, make a little packet out of it, and stick in the crockpot for 3-4 hours. Easy and super moist!
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    We had Mahi-Mahi last night, but I use this basic recipe for a lot of proteins-it's the only way my son will eat it!

1TBSP butter, 1T evoo in the pan
    Rub 4 fillets with 1/2t evoo, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper to taste, an copious amounts of dill.
    Sear the fish on both sides, turn down the heat and cook through.
    Deglaze the pan with water or stock, add same seasonings as rubbed on fish, plus fresh parsley.
    Reduce and finish with 1T butter.

Makes four servings with 1-2T sauce per serving. Even with the butter and evoo it's still relatively low calorie and super satisfying.
  • Schmidt722
    Schmidt722 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe on epicurious for Stuffed Trout that is really, really good. (March 2009 recipe, from the New Legal Sea Foods Cookbook.) If you're on a budget, just skip the lump crab meat. It's delicious, super easy, and you'll get a lot of veggies in as well.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1cal spray, fry both sides until golden and crispy
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Diced up & Submerged In fresh Lime juice. In the FRIDGE!!!!!!:bigsmile:
    Once its done cooking in the fridge I chop up some
    Raw onion
    Tomato
    Cilantro