Gym Clothes - wish there were more t-shirt options

Options
I have several of the cutest workout pants but when it comes to a workout top - T-SHIRT please. I'm at the gym to get rid of my belly and muffin top - NO WAY will I wear the cute workout tops that shows the rolls, fat arms, etc. Anyone else have this problem? :-(

Replies

• kgammage86
    Options
    Yes Ma'am!! That's why I workout at home!!
  • Tachyonic
    Tachyonic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am always pretty self-consious if I'm wearing tight workout clothes. I know that the "fitness" shirts get rid of sweat better or whatever-it-is that they do... but I always choose to work out in one of my freebie old t-shirts that are a little too big for me. I think that when I have lost a bit more weight, I will be more excited about working out in loose-fitting flowy racerback tanks with a cute sports bra, though!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    yes same here! I just got a couple workout tshirts from old navy, I wear them with their compression capris - they are good at hiding the muffin top & belly but still look like proper gym clothes.
  • edencrannon
    edencrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Same here! I got lovely swear pants but just wear baggy coca cola t shirts! Freebies as I was a rep for 9 years!! X but could do with finding nice fitting gym tops without being too tight! Or, just wear a hoodie and it will sweat ya like mad nd burn more cals!!:)) xx
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have several of the cutest workout pants but when it comes to a workout top - T-SHIRT please. I'm at the gym to get rid of my belly and muffin top - NO WAY will I wear the cute workout tops that shows the rolls, fat arms, etc. Anyone else have this problem? :-(

At time I wish people would wear t-shirts more. Sometimes people at the gym wear clothes that are too revealing.
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I agree, Nightterror21! I think the people wearing the revealing clothes are the ones trying to pick someone up. :-) Not me - I'm doing my thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that I do have. lol

At time I wish people would wear t-shirts more. Sometimes people at the gym wear clothes that are too revealing.
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that "fitness" shirt options suck!! I can never find one that's not skin tight, and I hate clingy tops! I always wear baggy t-shirts and cute work out bottoms... my trainer teases me, but hey, my work out, my comfort level!

I just don't know why they're sized so differently than a normal shirt or t-shirt. I wear a large in shirts/t-shirts, but an XL fitness top looks like I'm bursting out of it!! So frustrating...
  • bostongrl13
    bostongrl13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I always wear loose burn out or muscle tanks to the gym. They are comfortable and they are loose around the midsection.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens-ua-muscle-tank/pcid1229628-002
    http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/1236041/pid1236041-439
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    yes same here! I just got a couple workout tshirts from old navy, I wear them with their compression capris - they are good at hiding the muffin top & belly but still look like proper gym clothes.
    Good to know I just bought some compression pants and tees from there the other day.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love American Apparel v-necks. I've had both of mine for close to four years and they are only now starting to fade/get holes. I also like the v-neck style because it's more ventilation (and ok, it's flattering!).

http://store.americanapparel.net/product/?productId=2456w

I like that I can also wear it with jeans for the weekends :).

http://store.americanapparel.net/product/?productId=tr456w

The tri-blend is also super soft and amazing.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you're more comfortable wearing T-shirts, then just wear t-shirts. I work at the gym, and lots of people do. It's important to find outfits you feel comfortable in.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I agree, Nightterror21! I think the people wearing the revealing clothes are the ones trying to pick someone up. :-) Not me - I'm doing my thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that I do have. lol
    ]

If you were really doing your own thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that you have you wouldn't have time to be so judgemental ;)
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I work out wearing proper shoes, proper bottoms, proper bra and then, despite having a couple of proper sleeveless tops, I'm in an Avengers, The Flash, Green Lantern, Bananaman or other such T shirt. It keeps the reflection in the mirror recognisably me, even with the Capris and trainers that aren't my standard wear.
  • sarahlynnekline
    Options
    I second the old navy shirts! Their cotton razor backs are the best! I hope they get more in stock this year. I just bought something similar to this at Target. Best workout shirt ever! It hides it all for me!
    http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-fit-and-flare-tank-assorted-colors/-/A-14340367#prodSlot=large_1_2
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Same here! I got lovely swear pants but just wear baggy coca cola t shirts!

Are these swear pants suitable for viewing by children or in mixed company?? :noway:

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I took the bottom of one of my older workoutshirts, cut it off and sewed to the bottom of another shirt.
    It looks like a layered shirt & through luck, matches my workout pants.

The real question is why don't they make workout t's in longer lengths? I can find long workout tanks, but not t's.

I can't be the only one who wants a workoutshirt that covers my stomach when I'm doing jumping jacks, or overhead arm waving stuff.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Just wear a T-shirt?
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    These are the Old Navy shirts I was talking about, I got 3 and love them!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=91337&vid=1&pid=333351122

Also like this one a lot and would like more, I hope they restock sizes!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=3299530020004&cid=77272&locale=en_US
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue, so I buy these jerseys for like 6 bucks that walmart just released. They are actually really cute it looks like a wife beater with a tank top underneath and its fairly loose