Gym Clothes - wish there were more t-shirt options

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Old Navy makes great workout clothes. If you're okay with a tank, they have several options that have a bubble hem, so they're loose-fitting around the midsection.

I also have bought several of their dry-wick t-shirts like Urban Lotus linked to.

The North Face has some awesome dry-wick t-shirts that look and feel just like really soft cotton, but they are polyester, so you can wear them outdoors in warmer climates, too. They are $20-$25 at REI. I have several of them, and they've lasted me for years.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree, Nightterror21! I think the people wearing the revealing clothes are the ones trying to pick someone up. :-) Not me - I'm doing my thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that I do have. lol
    ]

If you were really doing your own thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that you have you wouldn't have time to be so judgemental ;)

Sometimes at the gym you cant help but look. IF you go to the gym you can not say you have never seen it. Girls/guys in clothes several sizes too small or wearing spandex that shows it all.

When I am working out at the gym on treadmill I am not happy to see the person in from on my with spandex and being able to see their entire crack or spandex so tight I can basically read the brand name of the panties.

IMO it is not ok to be working out sporting the camel toe in the gym.
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    I buy my workout clothes from Mr Price Sports (here in South Africa), they have cute, affordable workout clothes and t-shirts that aren't too clingy but not too baggy either. Every month I try to get something new as a reward, my power colour this year is blue :)
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Do you like cats? I get lots of tees from I Can Has Cheezburger. They're cute and they do have non-cat related ones (just other memes) only $15 and I don't think I've ever had to pay shipping.
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree, Nightterror21! I think the people wearing the revealing clothes are the ones trying to pick someone up. :-) Not me - I'm doing my thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that I do have. lol
    ]

If you were really doing your own thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that you have you wouldn't have time to be so judgemental ;)

Really? When im resting between sets and someone is dressed in whatr looks like panties and bra, of course people notice that
    Going to gym seems to be about showing off to some people. Nothing wrong with looking nice but who really cares.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love my Old Navy bubble hem top, but it's a tank. I don't like to workout in tsleeves, for the most part. Also, I like to lift in my bubble hem, and running is ok, but for stuff where I jump or yoga, I prefer tighter, more form-fitting stuff. It's just more comfortable to me, so sorry if my tight clothes offend on the rare occasions I go to the gym. ;)

Under Armour and Champion both make losse t-shirts along with their fitted and semi-fitted stuff. I'm pretty sure Target has some not super tight C9 stuff. Walmart carries the Danskin line that is looser, but it is more traditional t-shirt material, I think. If you don't want to moisture wickin material and don't care if it's a cotton shirt, why not just wear any plain old t-shirt?
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am always pretty self-consious if I'm wearing tight workout clothes. I know that the "fitness" shirts get rid of sweat better or whatever-it-is that they do... but I always choose to work out in one of my freebie old t-shirts that are a little too big for me. I think that when I have lost a bit more weight, I will be more excited about working out in loose-fitting flowy racerback tanks with a cute sports bra, though!

I have tons of weight to lose but am wearing one of those tops today. F-it. I'm there to work out and not stroke out trying to stay covered.
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I second the old navy shirts! Their cotton razor backs are the best! I hope they get more in stock this year. I just bought something similar to this at Target. Best workout shirt ever! It hides it all for me!
    http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-fit-and-flare-tank-assorted-colors/-/A-14340367#prodSlot=large_1_2

That is the same as mine. I have it in that crazy bright green.
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    OkieTink - What are you talking about???? Guess you are feeling guilty about something. My comments were very accurate, thank you! ;-) *No need to be rude! :-P
    ]

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I'm too cheap. I'll buy workout clothes at JCP or get Champion at Target.
  • JenMc14
    Options
    OkieTink - What are you talking about???? Guess you are feeling guilty about something. My comments were very accurate, thank you! ;-) *No need to be rude! :-P
    ]

Actually, your comments aren't completely accurate, do come off a bit judgey. That happens on the internet. I like to wear form fitting pants or shorter shorts (which do make me self-concious when stretching in public, but eff it) and tighter tanks. I wear super tight sports bras to keep the girls in place when I run, so there's a bit of cleve. I can assure you that on the few occasions a year when I get to work out at a gym, I am there to get work done, not get hit on. But, maybe you wouldn't consider my capri leggings or running shorts and tanks "revealing", it's hard to tell. But, I also, perhaps, judge a bit at those who wear sweats and long Ts, because, to me, how in the he!! can you actually get in a good workout in that without over heating!?! I will full on admit to judging anyone who comes in in jeans. ;) But, I mainly workout at home, getting judged by my cats while I squat in yoga pants and getting knocked over by my dog when doing yoga or floor work.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i cut all my tshirts because i cannot tolerate anything touching my throat and all standard tshirts touch my throat. I cut out the neckhole, cut the sleeves and then usually sew them up the sides because i also hate big sloppy shapeless tshirts.

Edited to add that I work out harder when i am dressed cute because i know i am more likely to get looked at and i dont want to look like a wimp. So yes maybe i do stand out but i use it to my advantage :p
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't wear anything other than t-shirts/v-necks at the gym. The v-necks usually fit me better, because I have a rather large chest, and I have to wear two sports bras :( But, I've found some good fitness v-necks that aren't low-cut at all at Target. They go from XS-XXL, and they fit pretty well! They were $10, I think. Just make sure you find the tops that are labeled as "Loose", not the "Fitted" or "Semi-Fitted"- those are the ones that are clingy.I just bought a shirt from Old Navy's workout section, and I think it also went from XS-XXL, and it's amazing. I seriously am in love with it, and I think it was around $12. They also have great compression capris that hold in your tummy.

You can also just try buying normal shirts at Target. I can't work out in thick t-shirts, I hate tem. They have XS-XXL shirts/vnacks at Target, as well as v-necks that are extra long in their Plus Size section, from sizes 1-4, I think. Maybe 0. And they're around $12, I believe.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Actually, your comments aren't completely accurate, do come off a bit judgey. That happens on the internet. I like to wear form fitting pants or shorter shorts (which do make me self-concious when stretching in public, but eff it) and tighter tanks. I wear super tight sports bras to keep the girls in place when I run, so there's a bit of cleve. I can assure you that on the few occasions a year when I get to work out at a gym, I am there to get work done, not get hit on. But, maybe you wouldn't consider my capri leggings or running shorts and tanks "revealing", it's hard to tell. But, I also, perhaps, judge a bit at those who wear sweats and long Ts, because, to me, how in the he!! can you actually get in a good workout in that without over heating!?! I will full on admit to judging anyone who comes in in jeans. ;) But, I mainly workout at home, getting judged by my cats while I squat in yoga pants and getting knocked over by my dog when doing yoga or floor work.

Ugh, there's women who come into Zumba at my gym in jeans and a tshirt, not in workout shoes. They get in my space and try to take my spot when I get water between songs. They irritate me so much. Like, if you're not even willing to throw on a pair of sweatpants, why are you here? You're barely moving around and just look dumb.

Also, I hate when people try to take the good spots during a fitness class and they just barely do the movements. Please, just stop.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I dont worry about the tops as much as the bottoms. I cant seem to find any that will fit over my backside. Some do but as soon as I start to move they start to fall. Its exasperating.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i dress like a boy when im at the gym a haha. baggy boys football shorts and a man tshirt. whenever theres someone there in a sports bra and tiny shorts im just like "put some bloody clothes on!"
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love Old Navy's and they are the cheapest around. Very light-weight and longer than most. Never rides up. If you order any, they are true to size as well. Don't order too big or it will be TOO big!
  • JenMc14
    Options
    I dont worry about the tops as much as the bottoms. I cant seem to find any that will fit over my backside. Some do but as soon as I start to move they start to fall. Its exasperating.

You should try some drawstring pants. Not sure they make them in yoga/compression types, but you could probably get them in a lighter cotton.
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    I haven't seen this in conservative Idaho but am curious what constitutes "too revealing". Again, just curious.
    I have several of the cutest workout pants but when it comes to a workout top - T-SHIRT please. I'm at the gym to get rid of my belly and muffin top - NO WAY will I wear the cute workout tops that shows the rolls, fat arms, etc. Anyone else have this problem? :-(

At time I wish people would wear t-shirts more. Sometimes people at the gym wear clothes that are too revealing.