HELP! I'm losing boobs!

Options
Hi all!

I've been losing weight since November last year and I work out pretty regularly. But I've started to notice recently that I'm losing weight from my boobs!

I just wondered if any of you knew any techniques or exercises to help me preserve my chest?! I'm terrified that I'm going to go back to being flat chested, and I don't think I could cope with that!

Even toning exercises would be much appreciated!

Many thanks all!

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you just kind of have to let them go. Breasts are mostly fat, so when you're eating to lose fat, unfortunately, you don't really get to choose where it comes from.

You can do strength exercises that target your chest, but ultimately, there's not a whole lot you can do.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Boobs are fat, you lose fat when you lose weight. Can't pick and choose unfortunately. Pushups and pec exercises can help the muscles and help them be perkier though.
  • Charbyte
    Charbyte Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can only hope! I'm the opposite.. I WANT those bulbous balloons outta my face
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above posts.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Fat is going to come off however it wants to. Your predicament is shared by many women, however. There's always plastic surgery once you hit your goal(s). :) Or...you can stay as-is to preserve what you have.

As for exercises, I don't think you can do anything other than build more mass in your pecs, but not sure how you feel about that look.
  • tomato915
    tomato915 Posts: 40
    Options
    Idk, I think it's genetics. I always had bigger boobs than average asian women, even when I was skinny. How old were you when you were flat chested? Is it around your teens or? If so, don't lose hope. :)
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Boobs are fat, you lose fat when you lose weight. Can't pick and choose unfortunately. Pushups and pec exercises can help the muscles and help them be perkier though.

I think I could settle for small but perky! :)
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    Options
    Idk, I think it's genetics. I always had bigger boobs than average asian women, even when I was skinny. How old were you when you were flat chested? Is it around your teens or? If so, don't lose hope. :)

I think I moved from an 36A to 36B when I was about 16/17, but that was when I started putting on mega weight. I've since gone up to a 42D!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Implants.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Boobs are mostly fat.
    You are losing fat.

Sorry dear.

BUT the good news is you probably look a whole lot better than you think, even the boobs.
  • tomato915
    Options

I think I moved from an 36A to 36B when I was about 16/17, but that was when I started putting on mega weight. I've since gone up to a 42D!

By mega weight, how much weight? it would depend on how much weight you want to lose. If you lose like 20 lbs, you might go down by 1 cup size. My mom has F size breasts and when she lost a massive amount of weight, you can hardly notice the difference on her cup size but it did become a little bit soggy.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of glad mine are shrinking. At my highest weight, I would be in total pain by the end of the day - my bra feeling like a vice grip (me, with no bra, at that weight was not a pretty sight!). Now, I don't feel any pain.
  • tomato915
    Options
    I'm kind of glad mine are shrinking. At my highest weight, I would be in total pain by the end of the day - my bra feeling like a vice grip (me, with no bra, at that weight was not a pretty sight!). Now, I don't feel any pain.

Yes, boobies can be a pain. :( I experience back pain from it... it would be nice if my cup size go down to B. I'm 34D atm, and wanna lose 20 lbs.
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    Options

By mega weight, how much weight? it would depend on how much weight you want to lose. If you lose like 20 lbs, you might go down by 1 cup size. My mom has F size breasts and when she lost a massive amount of weight, you can hardly notice the difference on her cup size but it did become a little bit soggy.

I'm 2lb away from a 20lb loss lol! Between age 15 and now, I have gone from 13st to 18st. Nearly a stone a year! Pretty disgraceful really. I've got another 90-odd pounds to lose yet before I get down to 10.5st like I should be. So I guess that's gonna be quite a lot of boobage!

I think if I can work on keeping them toned so they are the right shape and stuff I will be content. What I don't want is carrier bags for breasts! I'm only 22 - I don't want to look and feel like a granny anymore :(
  • tomato915
    Options

I'm 2lb away from a 20lb loss lol! Between age 15 and now, I have gone from 13st to 18st. Nearly a stone a year! Pretty disgraceful really. I've got another 90-odd pounds to lose yet before I get down to 10.5st like I should be. So I guess that's gonna be quite a lot of boobage!

I think if I can work on keeping them toned so they are the right shape and stuff I will be content. What I don't want is carrier bags for breasts! I'm only 22 - I don't want to look and feel like a granny anymore :(

Aww, you don't look like a granny! You can lose all those weight and still look pretty with cute breast! ;) I use images of fit women as motivation so I can be like them, and they don't have massive boobies. :) Cup A and B can be cute!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I would gladly share. I too will be happy to see removal of some of that ponderous weight.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! Say goodbye to the girls and look for a good surgeon.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sorry honey, but it is inevitable. My trainer has me doing bench press, inclined bench press, and the one where you squeeze because he says it will keep them perky. I don't mind smaller as long as they are better :laugh:
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    Implants.

This. My wife went from like a 34dd down to almost a b-cup she has told me I must buy her implants. Which i have no problem with.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hate this part of losing weight. The only thing you can do is do exercises that focus on building the pec muscles. That way at least what you are left with is lifted and perkier than nothing. I have decided that I will be saving any spare money I come across to pay for implants when I get to and maintain goal.