Diet Pills: OxyElite Pro

Options

Replies

• ctenan1205
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful - I think I'm going to go ahead and try it after I get back from my vacation and see what happens. But the people who have been saying that it will not cure the underlying reason for overeating, you are right! This is a short term fix (maybe, it might not even work) but I really need to figure out what's going on and why I am really overeating. I have done a lot of work to lose 70 lbs., and I'm not going to throw that out!

Btw, always open to more feedback and tips, etc. I need motivation too, so if anyone is looking for a buddy add me as a friend.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My mom took diet pills for awhile and she lost weight, but she said she does get jittery a lot and it feels ugly!
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful - I think I'm going to go ahead and try it after I get back from my vacation and see what happens. But the people who have been saying that it will not cure the underlying reason for overeating, you are right! This is a short term fix (maybe, it might not even work) but I really need to figure out what's going on and why I am really overeating. I have done a lot of work to lose 70 lbs., and I'm not going to throw that out!

Btw, always open to more feedback and tips, etc. I need motivation too, so if anyone is looking for a buddy add me as a friend.

I took it when I first decided to start losing weight. I wanted it as a boost to get me started and motivated and it really helped me. I lost a lot of appetite so I ate less which was good for me because I didn't exercise so I didn't really need to eat what I was eating. I also got more energy and didn't suffer from insomnia which I know some users do. After some time I started taking 2 pills a day because it says on the label that you can do that but I wouldn't recommend it. I got super jittery and shaky like I had Parkinson's disease. Be aware that this pill is now illegal in some countries and that it contains amphetamine. I don't think it's risky though if you only take 1 pill and don't go too many weeks on it to develop an addiction. I'm thinking about taking it again to get rid of the last lbs faster. Good luck to you! :-)
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Please don't. You are way too young to start this sort of bad habit. It's not going to help you in the long run, and it's potentially harmful.

Focus on the real issues and don't waste your money.
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Please don't. You are way too young to start this sort of bad habit. It's not going to help you in the long run, and it's potentially harmful.

Focus on the real issues and don't waste your money.

^^^^ This ^^^^

If you're not going to do it for life, it's not worth doing. I don't even want to think what the effects of these things are on your nervous system and organs, especially at 18.

Simple solution, get more fibre (even Metamucil) and a palmful of protein in every meal.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I :heart: diet pills
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I took OxyElite about 2 years ago. I dropped weight quick. The first week was obviously a ton of water weight. I'd say overall...maybe 15-20 pounds over 2-3 months. The drawback I had was that I sweat like a pig. I hate water...and drinking it religiously (because you have to!) was alsoa pain. I loved the energy boost and it put me in a better mood. However, I didn't want to take it forever, and after a few months, it was starting to keep me awake at night and give me f*cked up dreams.

Short term for a quick weight loss, I'd take it (like before a vacation or wedding or something)...Long term, I'll stick with the diet and exercise.
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am trying to lose my last few pounds of fat and gain muscle through the Insanity program and a healthy diet. I have been having a really hard time with overeating lately, and it's really preventing me from losing weight. I'm actually gaining weight, and attempts to stop eating have failed.

I saw this diet pill and though I have never been a fan of diet pills or trying unnatural methods of losing weight, I could really use something to help me at this point. Has anyone taken OxyElite Pro and had success? Any downsides to the product? Or has anyone taken diet pills in general and had a good/bad experience?

I use to be a diet pill user...the first diet pill i used worked great, i lost 58lbs in 3 months. But then i stopped taking them thinking i was able to control myself from eating, well it didn't quite work that way. I gained it all back in less than 2 months. Diet pills will make you loose weight fast..but your body becomes dependent on them and once you stop taking the pills you'll gain it all back. I was told this would happen before i started with them but i didn't listen i was looking for a fast solution. After that i started taking the Green Coffee Bean Extract. Those pills are ok, they don't have side effects like the ones i was being prescribed, which made me jittery and gave me UTI problems. But i haven't taken them in a while and I'm doing fine without them. Loosing weight the natural way will always be the best choice, even after you reach your goal your body will be use to eating less and you'll do it without even noticing, which is good in helping you control your weight gain.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    A few things,

-You are already at a healthy weight. At this point in your weightloss, it's more important to focus on body composition and BF% than scale weight especially if you're doing a strength program like Insanity. I think it might be time to reassess your goals.

-Your profile says, "My goal is to maintain a fit, healthy body and be able to love myself without getting obsessed over a few pounds here and there or going to dangerous extremes to lose weight." I would call rushing to loose these last few lbs as being obsessed over them, and I'd certainly count diet pills as a dangerous extreme. Don't sell yourself short. That goal is still attainable, don't take the pills.

-You joined in February and you've already lost 62lbs? That sounds to me like an undereating issue, not an overeating issue.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am trying to lose my last few pounds of fat and gain muscle through the Insanity program and a healthy diet. I have been having a really hard time with overeating lately, and it's really preventing me from losing weight. I'm actually gaining weight, and attempts to stop eating have failed.

I saw this diet pill and though I have never been a fan of diet pills or trying unnatural methods of losing weight, I could really use something to help me at this point. Has anyone taken OxyElite Pro and had success? Any downsides to the product? Or has anyone taken diet pills in general and had a good/bad experience?
    Save your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If the only reason that you can't lose the last few pounds is that you're overeating, you need to use your willpower and stop overeating. There's a very simple solution here that doesn't require pills.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If the only reason that you can't lose the last few pounds is that you're overeating, you need to use your willpower and stop overeating. There's a very simple solution here that doesn't require pills.

Look at her join date. She's lost 62 pounds in as many days. Do you really think she has a "willpower" problem?
  • Mama_Burkhart
    Mama_Burkhart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ive taken it before and love it! The first time i took it i lose 45 lbs with no exercise just increased my water intake, and im taking it again 3 years later and i still love it!!!
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I took and it worked for me... You have to read the bottle and do what it says.... Only one pill at first because one pill was like crack to me.. it curbed my appetite and gave me the energy boost I needed. I would buy it again. Whoever paid 70$ for it got jipped! I only paid 45... The downfall I seen was sometimes I felt sick to my stomach
    As soon as you take the pill drink toooooooons of water. You can't over eat and expect the pill to work though...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm usually one of those "Don't take diet pills, they are all a scam, blah blah blah blah blah" types of people.

But honestly, OEP feels like my preworked Jack3d except all day. And i quite like it. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Ive taken it before and love it! The first time i took it i lose 45 lbs with no exercise just increased my water intake, and im taking it again 3 years later and i still love it!!!
    So in other words you didn't figure out how to eat right and that's why your back?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I took it about a year ago. It worked for me. I didn't like the sweating though. But when I went back to GNC for more, they had stopped selling it because of deaths it supposedly caused. My husband took it but stopped because it made him sick. But I've had just about the same effect eating better and exercising so I haven't had the need for any supplements for weight loss.
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Um eat right and exercise? Good old fashion method that 99.9% on here have committed to. Once you control your mind, you will gain control over your body!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    No :noway:
  • spowell030477
    spowell030477 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink more water to fill the void.