Diet Pills: OxyElite Pro

Options

Replies

• snooj
    snooj Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone's already given their opinion on diet pills, so: find out why you're overeating. Are you restricting yourself too much to the point you're binging? It may be worthwhile to up your daily calories. If you can prevent yourself from binging, overall you'll be at lower calories. For some people (myself included), cardio makes our appetite go berserk. I personally can't do any cardio heavy program if I want to eat right. You may need a way to combat that if that's your issue too.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm just guessing here, but if you "have to drink tooonnnnnsss of water" when you take a pill like this, that is why you aren't eating as much. The water is filling you up. :wink:

Furthermore, you are already at a healthy weight. If you don't like how your body looks, concentrate on lifting weights and toning/sculpting your muscles.

Kaye
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Are you going to take it for the rest of your life?
  • laurenislost
    laurenislost Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There was a pretty comprehensive study a few years back regarding diet pills and their efficacy, and it was shown not that none of the major diet pills were really effective at all. I used to take them back in my 20s and they seemed to work, but I am sure it was just the adderall in all reality :x
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    drink coffee or take a caffeine pill. Thats all you need for a pick me up before working out.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    OxyElite pro is good, but only for a short time, and only if you actually work hard, and keep a healthy diet.

Taking it to stop eating, or hoping it'll make you eat healthy are going to end in failure. It's more of an additive for when you're already on the right track, to just get a little extra boost. Expecting any more than that will end in you upset.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    waste of money.. made the mistake of trying them for a day and i was sweating like a pig all day long, was jittery and my anxiety was through the roof. never again.. just do it the natural way
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am trying to lose my last few pounds of fat and gain muscle through the Insanity program and a healthy diet. I have been having a really hard time with overeating lately, and it's really preventing me from losing weight. I'm actually gaining weight, and attempts to stop eating have failed.

I saw this diet pill and though I have never been a fan of diet pills or trying unnatural methods of losing weight, I could really use something to help me at this point. Has anyone taken OxyElite Pro and had success? Any downsides to the product? Or has anyone taken diet pills in general and had a good/bad experience?

While I am not of the school of thought that blanket statements should apply to anything i.e. "diet pills are bad" so instead look at the ingredients of the pill and see what benefits, or harm you can get from it.

First it is important to realize they are being investigated for being harmful http://www.schmidtandclark.com/oxyelite-pro

Second let's look at the ingredients: Which to their benefit is really small..
    oxyelite-pro-nutrition-facts_zps021d51a9.gif

It says it suppresses appetite, if you research the ingredients none of them are appetite suppression except caffeine. Major ingredient is caffeine, and we all know what that is so there is nothing new to add here.

When doing research it is important to not use their website or a website that sells the pill as they will of course make it sound wonderful!

Also the others listed have been proven to have very little effect on weight loss

and finally the FDA has banned the use of dimethylamylamine in the pill, which was likely the most effective ingridient, and dangerous. http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2012/ucm302167.htm
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I'm no doctor. I don't even play one on TV. Soooooo do what you will with what I am about to say:

If your issue is over eating, how will a diet pill solve that? Wouldn't that require behavioral changes? A visit to a doctor to make sure your insides are functioning properly? A re-evaluation of your exercise regime to make sure your calorie intake is sufficient?

For the people who said they have used these pills in the past with tons of success, why are you on MFP trying to lose weight? That doesn't seem successful to me. But what do I know...
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ok question for those of you that actually understand these sorts of things - Oxy Elite Pro is marketed as a FAT BURNER not a diet pill per se - I think it may be useful prior to workouts. Isn't there a difference btw a "fat burner" and a "diet pill"?

From their website:

.... set out to develop a stimulant based "Super Thermogenic™" that actually burns the right kind of fat...as in, the subcutaneous fat that covers your muscles and not the visceral fat that protects your organs. This is a important distinction to make when selecting ingredients, as many weight loss formulas contain ingredients that target the wrong kind of fat (visceral).

But not OxyELITE Pro. This formula specifically targets the subcutaneous fat that covers your muscles. And they accomplished this by identifying a very unique extract that actually turns off the very receptor that prevents your body from releasing stored, subcutaneous fat in the first place!

I take 1/2 one prior to workouts to give me energy and hopefully encourage thermogenesis!
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    just start logging again, see where you are going wrong and then correct it
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    Ok question for those of you that actually understand these sorts of things - Oxy Elite Pro is marketed as a FAT BURNER not a diet pill per se - I think it may be useful prior to workouts. Isn't there a difference btw a "fat burner" and a "diet pill"?

From their website:

.... set out to develop a stimulant based "Super Thermogenic™" that actually burns the right kind of fat...as in, the subcutaneous fat that covers your muscles and not the visceral fat that protects your organs. This is a important distinction to make when selecting ingredients, as many weight loss formulas contain ingredients that target the wrong kind of fat (visceral).

But not OxyELITE Pro. This formula specifically targets the subcutaneous fat that covers your muscles. And they accomplished this by identifying a very unique extract that actually turns off the very receptor that prevents your body from releasing stored, subcutaneous fat in the first place!

I take 1/2 one prior to workouts to give me energy and hopefully encourage thermogenesis!

76ca8d143d4af6612b22ffd59a035966.gif
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options

From their website:

Ohhhh well if their website says it.. then it must be spot on, they no reason to make their product sound great..
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If the only reason that you can't lose the last few pounds is that you're overeating, you need to use your willpower and stop overeating. There's a very simple solution here that doesn't require pills.

Look at her join date. She's lost 62 pounds in as many days. Do you really think she has a "willpower" problem?

If she's had enough willpower to eat less and exercise to lose 62 pounds, then she should be able to lose the last few without resorting to pills.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If the only reason that you can't lose the last few pounds is that you're overeating, you need to use your willpower and stop overeating. There's a very simple solution here that doesn't require pills.

Look at her join date. She's lost 62 pounds in as many days. Do you really think she has a "willpower" problem?

If she's had enough willpower to eat less and exercise to lose 62 pounds, then she should be able to lose the last few without resorting to pills.

I'd say that if she has a willpower problem, it's a problem of TOO MUCH willpower! Like the kind of willpower to force yourself to starve when you are very hungry for long periods of time.

I'm anxiously waiting for her to come back and explain how she lost 60lbs in 60 days with an "overeating problem."
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    OxyElite pro is good, but only for a short time, and only if you actually work hard, and keep a healthy diet.

Taking it to stop eating, or hoping it'll make you eat healthy are going to end in failure. It's more of an additive for when you're already on the right track, to just get a little extra boost. Expecting any more than that will end in you upset.
    I agree with this too. You can take it and still eat badly or not exercise and it's not really going to give you any results. But it can be helpful if you're already on the right track and want a boost!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am trying to lose my last few pounds of fat and gain muscle through the Insanity program and a healthy diet. I have been having a really hard time with overeating lately, and it's really preventing me from losing weight. I'm actually gaining weight, and attempts to stop eating have failed.

I saw this diet pill and though I have never been a fan of diet pills or trying unnatural methods of losing weight, I could really use something to help me at this point. Has anyone taken OxyElite Pro and had success? Any downsides to the product? Or has anyone taken diet pills in general and had a good/bad experience?

While I am not of the school of thought that blanket statements should apply to anything i.e. "diet pills are bad" so instead look at the ingredients of the pill and see what benefits, or harm you can get from it.

First it is important to realize they are being investigated for being harmful http://www.schmidtandclark.com/oxyelite-pro

It says it suppresses appetite, if you research the ingredients none of them are appetite suppression except caffeine. Major ingredient is caffeine, and we all know what that is so there is nothing new to add here.

When doing research it is important to not use their website or a website that sells the pill as they will of course make it sound wonderful!

Also the others listed have been proven to have very little effect on weight loss

and finally the FDA has banned the use of dimethylamylamine in the pill, which was likely the most effective ingridient, and dangerous. http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2012/ucm302167.htm
    You can still get it with the DMAA in the US, as far as I know it's not banned here, I just bought mine last week at GNC.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

I'd say that if she has a willpower problem, it's a problem of TOO MUCH willpower! Like the kind of willpower to force yourself to starve when you are very hungry for long periods of time.

I'm anxiously waiting for her to come back and explain how she lost 60lbs in 60 days with an "overeating problem."
    I think you've misread her profile, she lost the weight in the past before joining MFP...unless I'm the one misreading it in which case you'd be right.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

You can still get it with the DMAA in the US, as far as I know it's not banned here, I just bought mine last week at GNC.

Yes, you can still buy it. I get mine in bulk
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Your ticker doesn't mean that you only are recording your weight loss since joining. I have my ticker showing my heaviest weight, even though I didn't start here till probably 10 pounds down from my heaviest.