Workouts right before bed...

Options
:smile: I want to knw everyones opinions on workouts right before bed. I did it last night for the first time and woke up feeling pretty good...let me know what you guys think!

thanks!
-Heather

Replies

• BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    It might depend on the workout. For me personally, it would have to be something like yoga or stretching that would allow me to wind down before bedtime.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do my workouts in bed.

:wink:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That's the only time I have to workout. I love it. I wear myself out so when I hit the pillow, I crash. I wake up with a clear mind and feeling awesome.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

He is pretty good at it too.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

lol
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Between the time my boyfriend's son goes to sleep (between 8-9pm) and my bedtime (10pm) is the best time for me to work out. I feel exhausted and accomplished when I get done. The only downside I have found is that I have to go to bed with my hair wet (I don't blow dry my hair), I have to get up to use the bathroom a million times because I guzzled a bottle of water during the workout, and sometimes I get tight while I sleep if I worked out super-hard. But I would encourage it whenever it is convenient.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Must be hump day because I thought this thread was going somewhere else! LOL.
    sadlama_zps7f93e195.gif
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    generally not a good idea because it will make it difficult to sleep but if its works for you keep at it!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I do it because it's the only time I have to go. I can't do it in the morning because my husband leaves for work very early and I have to get the kids to daycare (I mean, I could, but I'd literally have to get up at 3:45am...I'm sorry, that may work great for some people but it's not happening for me, lol) and then I work all day, and then I need to come home and do dinner and hang out with my kids (NOT giving up any of my precious time with them in the evenings - that's the ONE thing that a workout will NEVER be more important than!!), and they go to bed at 8:30 or so, so that's when I go to the gym. I usually get there at 8:45 or 9 and get home around 10 and try to get to bed by 11.

It takes me a little longer to wind down at night when I work out that late, that's for sure. Plus, I'm usually starving when I get home so my little snack (some cheese or something) doesn't help that. But, it's absolutely 100% better than no work out at all, so I roll with it. I'd probably prefer to do it earlier if I could, though.

I think in the end it's all personal preference. If it works for your schedule and your sleep and everything, there's certainly no reason *not* to do it then, you know?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

Working out in bed:

2w5n3pw.jpg

I have limited room.
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Night time is the only time I have to actually work out. Since I usually don't have the energy on an empty stomach, I exercise after dinner and before bed. I've been doing this for a year now, and I haven't encountered any problems with it--aside from the fact that post-workout gives me unwarranted boost of energy.

Another benefit of working out before bedtime (at least for me), is that my mind doesn't even consider eating back the calories I burned since 1) I just had dinner, and 2) getting stuffed at night is never good. Also, I feel completely refreshed the morning after.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do this before bed I have trouble sleeping. Unfortunately I must live with it because I can't wake up early no matter what.
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your opinions they all sound great. LOL :wink: but I found that I slept a little better last night I think I will keep it up and see how it goes.

And yes today is literally "HUMP DAY" lol

& workouts in bed do a body good too hehe
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I have limited room.

This made me laugh.. a lot.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Working out in bed:

2w5n3pw.jpg

I have limited room.

You fit in a bed?
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Sometimes it is the only time I can exercise. But downside it sometimes wakes me up.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

Working out in bed:

2w5n3pw.jpg

I have limited room.

You fit in a bed?

Nope, that's actually a pic of how I have to sleep. Being 6ft5 sucks...
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Working out in bed:

2w5n3pw.jpg

I have limited room.

You fit in a bed?

Nope, that's actually a pic of how I have to sleep. Being 6ft5 sucks...

At 6'7 I feel your pain!
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually work out around 9, any later and i have trouble sleeping
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Working out in bed:

2w5n3pw.jpg