Looking for friends (cycling or just generally awesome)

Options

Replies

• doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm awesome, and a casual biker. I started bike commuting 8 miles to work last year, and took the winter off. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle again. Add me if you like.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Would you consider an exercise biker????? I also go out around the local resivour on my mountain bike and try and get other rides in (with good weather) but a wimp with hills and roads.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I cycled +3000 miles last year, I'm shooting for a target of 1,000 miles this month and I got a couple of century sportives lined up for May/June.
    I started commuting 50 miles per day during the warmer/lighter/drier months last year, trying to make it more often than not this year, aiming for a 6000 mile year target.

I ran my first half marathon in March '13, might try and go for a full one next year, not decided yet?

feel free to add me!

that is AMAZING!
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    fee free to add me i'm very positive and i will try to motivate you GOOD LUCK girly
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm awesome. i could beat the Raiders.

Unassisted.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This seems like an awesome group of people... I also enjoy cycling and running...
    Anyone feel free to add me...
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add.
    Love my bike.
    Don't have a fixed gear but just recently upgraded to a Specialized Dolce Elite. :)
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm not a hardcore cyclist or anything, but I do love ride. Got an awesome sun burn yesterday from my two hour ride. So glad the weather is finally starting to be nice enough to get my bike out. I also need more friends so feel free to add me!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    Oh dude im right there with you with the sunburn! I went to miami last month and got sun poisoning in about an hour lol. Being pasty sucks sometimes.
  • snowchlowhite
    Options
    I don't cycle while i'm at uni, cause i have nowhere to put a bike... But i AM awesome and my dad writes a blog about the cycle club he formed to help him loose wight! http://palefishbikes.blogspot.co.uk check it out, then add me, cause i have no friends :( haha
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • EddieG43
    EddieG43 Posts: 36
    Options
    FR sent....I could use some more supportive friends.....I just got back to mountain bike riding, which I forgot how much I loved. I am from the suburbs of Philadelphia and I am very supportive. Please don't hesitate to send me a FR if you would like additional support

Best of luck to you all!

Thanks
    Ed
  • Gammon23
    Gammon23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got my bike out for the first two rides of the year this weekend! The term awesome is generally accepted in my circles as the perfect word to describe me haha. Would definitely love to add other people into cycling. Looking to do my first sprint tri in July. I could use some motivation and would love to help others!
    If you're cat 3 or above please don't add me though haha. My rides would look pathetic.
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    I love to ride, certainly not an awesome cyclist by any stretch. But I am dedicated to trying to get fit and could always use new friends so feel free to add me if you like. Good luck with your goals.
  • vwu1983
    vwu1983 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just got a new bike and have been itching to ride. Unfortunately weather hasn't been permitting due to high winds and allergies. Instead I go to spin class when I can go out for a rude. Feel free to add me.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    This weather really does suck. We (here in NYC) had about two days of spring and now its back to cold and rainy all day, every day!
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    Hola! I am totally generally fabuishly awesome *giggle*, and *bonus* I love to ride Expresso bikes. Looking to buy a real bike this summah :glasses: FR sent :drinker:
  • yoga_mel
    yoga_mel Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Love to bike to just be outside :) Need to get more into it!! Can someone explain what a fixed gear bike is ? lol
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hey
    My weight loss is due to cycling. Add me if you like :smile:

Add this guy he's awesome and did me a training routine for my static and as you can see I've lost 17lbs upto now
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    Love to bike to just be outside :) Need to get more into it!! Can someone explain what a fixed gear bike is ? lol

Fixed gear just means no coasting. Basically if my legs stop pedaling, my bike stops moving. For me, its a better way to make sure I am exercising the entire time Im on my bike.