Reached Goal but, not satisfied.....(pic)

Options
pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
At age 42, I reached a point in January 2012 where I told myself that I need to do something to prolong my life. Later that month, my sister was about to put her Elliptical in storage and I asked her if I could use it. Put it in the Garage and started doing my elliptical workouts. 20 min in the morning, 30 min in the evening. I also downloaded the MFP app but, just to log my food. I would always push myself with high resistance on the elliptical and I would still eat pretty normal with just watching my calorie intake and meeting my calorie goal. I went from 231 to 196 in just under 4 months before the elliptical broke. I thought, ok...time to start jogging. I jogged 3-4 days a week during the summer and also got a cheapo weight bench and weights and started lifting some. My jogging came to a stop late in the summer when I got a bone spur on the ball of my foot...painful to even walk some days. My bad eating habits returned and in the fall of last year I broke my hand which stopped my lifting. Gained back 10 lbs in those few months. For Christmas, my wife bought me my first gym membership since my 20's. I was excited to say he least. I mostly have been working out in the mornings for an hour...and I split my workout time into 30 minutes elliptical or stair machine and 30 minutes lifting. Usually concentrating on two muscle groups with my lifting each day. I weighed in this morning and got my 10 lbs back plus a little more. 194.5 but, I'm not satisfied and will continue 6 days a week until I am and then will maintain. My pants are looser, my shirts are tighter in my arms and chest but, I want to continue....I want to see those two abs that are starting to show, turn into six abs. The mission will continue........

bab95b76-dd2c-458b-a351-48540cb53ea5.jpg?t=1365609685

Replies

• BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look great and congrats on your weight loss!
  • jonathanharwood
    jonathanharwood Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Way to go man! Pretty awesome how you turned an old Elliptical into such a great change for yourself.
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!! I know you may not be personally satisfied but you look great !!! Only wish I could do the same someday!!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to gain muscle perhaps eat more and lift regularly for a period of time. Looking into bulking and cutting would not be a bad idea, either.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You do look great. And you now have the rest of your life to work on those abs.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And best wishes in your continuing efforts.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Huge difference in your face, can definitely see the weight loss! Congrats on a job well done and best of luck on your continued journey! :smile:
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Good job!

I'm in a similar place. I have reached my weight goal, and am trying to get those abs ready for a summer by the pool. I do quite a bit of HIIT on the elliptical to burn up the calories, along with weights to keep the muscle. My goal is to first lose the last of the current fat before attempting to gain any extra muscle from reading things like this: http://www.builtlean.com/2012/05/03/lose-fat-first/
  • ashnich11
    ashnich11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME. WTG :drinker:
  • Merlin569
    Merlin569 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats!!!:happy:
  • doctordee955
    Options
    Congrats on the weigh loss. You are well on your way to achieving your goals.
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    I admire your determination! You look awesome and I have no doubt you'll get to where you want to be. Congrats!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You look great! Love your determination to continue losing weight after your injuries. Not everyone would keep fighting.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Love your mindset, you've been slowed down but you aren't letting it get to you. You inspired me today!

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I know what you mean about not being satisfied (even after tons of hard work). I met my goal and decided to keep going and set a new one =) This fitness thing really is a lifestyle that we can never fully give up on. You know what you're doing and you will get the results you want...I know it! Great work!
  • FullM3talJacket
    Options
    All about toning now I reached my goal, but I'm still not satisfied. I workout a lot and I'm seeing a change; however, I'm no longer doing anything to drop weight rather maintain and tone good luck.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    I approve this post!
    Good thing you're not satisfied. You might get the impression it's ok to stop logging in--which is a NO!
    Progress pix look FABULOUS!
    Awesome work, Nate :wink:
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    OnMyWay2Me2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great, but do what you need to do to feel good about yourself.
  • lasulit
    lasulit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome work man!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!