2000 calories too many?

Options
2»

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 122 lbs and eat anywhere between 1700 and 2400 in a day with my insanity and about 300-500 deficit and haven't lost a lb but inches are still shrinking! I think 2000 would be just fine for you.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks everyone for all of your replies, I was in a meeting and came back to a lot of answers! :) Thanks, I cant wait to take more time reading what you all have to say. Transitioning into the frame of mind I have now has been difficult, but everyone here has really helped so thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I do have a desk job, but I dont just sit the whole time. I am up and down for the entire ten hours. Also, on my lunch break I work out for an hour and I also try to get a few morning workouts in throughout the week. So at least 2-3 days I do two a day workouts, or do yoga or a long walk with my little ones before work when the weather is nice. So all in al, I probably 'workout' 10 hours a week, plus other activities playing with the kids on the weekends and at least half of those are pretty intense-- a mix of HIIT, strength training, and I am training for my first 5K, so I run at least 12 miles a week, trying to do more than that. I dont get a chance to log all of my exercise and I dont always record it all because MFP gives me more calories and I was trying not to over estimate what I was eating back. I need to be more consistant with recording exercise, right now I normally only record half the cals I burn in a day.

I do strength train, right now due to school being in session, I am not able to get to the gym on a regular basis, so I am working with the dumbbells I have in my gym at work. After this semester, I can actually use the bar. for now, I do OHP, deadlifts, squats, bench press, etc with dumbbells, and then also use the machine they have (not sure of the name, one with multiple exercises and two sides, things like leg press, calf raise, tricep, rows, etc.) I mix all of this up so I dont get bored, and I dont know if it is right but when I strength train I do things like box jumps between sets to keep my heart rate up so I can burn more in a limited amount of time. I can honestly say I am one of the only one in my work gym who WORKS MY BUTT OFF and isnt in there to show off how I look in my workout gear (although my profile pic is from my work locker room lol)