Ladies Only !!!

Options

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    As far as hunger and sugar issues: Alternative foods. One of my go to things to eat are green apples and low calorie fruit dip. Sooo good. Watermelon season is upon us too and its like 46 calories a cup!

As far as exercise, you just gotta do it no matter how you feel.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When a man sees Ladies only, of course he has to come by and check it out. :smokin:
  • keepsakesbyconny
    keepsakesbyconny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go to the store and stock up on HEALTHY snacks!! Fruit - grapes, apples, oranges!! Special K bars and chips! My favorit so far is apple slices and sugar free caramel OR Fudge Sicle chocolate popsicles ONLY 40 calories!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Ladies Only !!!

I am not bound by your rules!
    How do i make it through my diet when mother nature has given me my monthly gift? all i want to do is eat and sleep today. HELP?!

Self control

This is why she said "Ladies only"
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Get pregnant. You'll get rid of TOM, and you can eat and sleep all you want. No one will say anything. :flowerforyou:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I work out ... purely so I can eat my feelings in chocolate... not joking.
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and distract yourself. Go on many walks as well. Or take a nice bath( light some candles and turn on some music ).

Oh wow, bath huh? GROSS! (Chum waters ahead) lol
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Get pregnant. You'll get rid of TOM, and you can eat and sleep all you want. No one will say anything. :flowerforyou:

This,

Also if you need any help with that feel free to PM me.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said don't starve yourself. A big workout might not be on the cards but go for a walk or swimming is also great.

I don't know if others notice this but being active and the thinner I am the better and lighter my periods are.

I used to work in reforestation every summer. I planted trees and it was a very physical job and I typically lost 30lbs every summer and my periods usually totally stopped for two months out of the four due to the major change in activity level.

So keep moving but don't hurt yourself....just lower impact and a little chocolate never hurt anyone
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    you buck up and deal with it because it's your period... you are going to keep getting it, every month, until menopause

^^THIS^^ And if you think TOM sucks, just wait until go through menopause.
  • wishnik77
    wishnik77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I dont get my period anymore , i have three monthly injections which has been heaven for me. When i did i had extreme cramps and pain. I craved cheese which acts as a muscle relaxant and salty foods. try chamomile tea for the cramps and stay away from salt as that only increases pain. As for the tiredness though the other ladies are right . You just need to push through and get up and move. Movement is the best thing and will also help with the cramps.Hope this helps
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    And once menopause sets in then it really gets tough, really really tough! Allow yourself a treat, but don't eat the entire CAKE! If you crave chocolate try a low calorie ww chocolate shake or low sugar hot chocolate. I think the more you tell yourself I can't something the more you want it and the more you deprive yourself the more you will binge. Good luck!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    you buck up and deal with it because it's your period... you are going to keep getting it, every month, until menopause

I am with this reply it happens 12 times a year if you are regular for maybe 38 to 40 years at the most of 40 years that is 480 TOM`s then you got the whole menopause thing going on.

So then you got pre menstrual, actual TOM and wow that all adds up to around 5760 days then you still got the whole menopause too..so you can say it is going to be about at least 19 years of your life that you are going to blame for eating like a crazy person :laugh:
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ladies Only !!!

I am not bound by your rules!
    How do i make it through my diet when mother nature has given me my monthly gift? all i want to do is eat and sleep today. HELP?!

Self control

Wow! This is WHY she said women only. Don't act like you have a clue, shhh!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm sure all the guys were disappointed when there where no lesbian pillow fights just a TOM post.
  • aprilschadwick
    Options
    I drank tons of water and walked a lot. And let myself have dark chocolate covered pomegranate
  • Jessicupcake20
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! i sucked it up and had a turkey burger and vegetables! and to all the people who told me to suck it up thanks for the advice? i guess. And all the guys who came up, thanks lol
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options

And then the fun begins but thats another topic :bigsmile:
  • Jessicupcake20
    Options
    I'm sure all the guys were disappointed when there where no lesbian pillow fights just a TOM post.

I was thinking the same thing haha!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I always keep healthy snacks convenient and on hand, so this definitely comes in handy when that TOM is approaching. Portioned out Trailmix, Veggies and hummus, fruit, frozen yogurt, etc. My favourite munchie when that time is coming is Air-popped popcorn. I get my snack in and it makes me full and satisfied!

On the first day of my period I am soo sluggish, but I always get a workout in. Even if it's just a walk and some Yoga. I always feel ten times better after.

And like dogwalkinggirl said, I too have a lighter and shorter flow due to my healthier lifestyle. I used to have painful cramps and a heavier flow before and it would last the full 7 days. Now my period is light and last only 3 to 4 days.