Ladies Only !!!

Options

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Monthly gift from mother nature? What are we 12?
  • Jessicupcake20
    Options
    Get pregnant. You'll get rid of TOM, and you can eat and sleep all you want. No one will say anything. :flowerforyou:

This,

Also if you need any help with that feel free to PM me.

Thanks lol but im married
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Wow! This is WHY she said women only. Don't act like you have a clue, shhh!

Given the number of women telling the OP the exact same thing I'd say he does have a clue.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    snack on veggies??? just snack on "healthy" (but tasty) snacks; you'll do just fine :):):)
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    you buck up and deal with it because it's your period... you are going to keep getting it, every month, until menopause

^^THIS^^ And if you think TOM sucks, just wait until go through menopause.

Yes, this is what I was trying to say too! Perimenopause is not fun either, enjoy regular TOM because they are a walk in the park in comparison!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

The shedding of my uterine lining? I want to go back to the days where we got to spend a whole week in the hut to keep from killing the crops. I'd do a bit of weaving but sleep most of the day.
  • Jessicupcake20
    Options

No im 20 and i was making an attempt to not be rude. Thanks for your input.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! i sucked it up and had a turkey burger and vegetables! and to all the people who told me to suck it up thanks for the advice? i guess. And all the guys who came up, thanks lol

Plan in advance for the next one lol!

Or go on a debacle for 19 or 20 years eat like crazy/sleep loads and then get yourself in shape?

It is only nature and you will get past it each and every time
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Huh- Well, when you put it this way, I guess we all should just "suck it up" and not use it for an excuse to be lazy or eat crap food. Hmm...Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I am with this reply it happens 12 times a year if you are regular for maybe 38 to 40 years at the most of 40 years that is 480 TOM`s then you got the whole menopause thing going on.

So then you got pre menstrual, actual TOM and wow that all adds up to around 5760 days then you still got the whole menopause too..so you can say it is going to be about at least 19 years of your life that you are going to blame for eating like a crazy person :laugh:
    [/quote]
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Yet another TOM post.
  • 2moonNback
    2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It sucks at first but make yourself get a workout in. I hate having to get a run in and lift but when I am done I KNOW I will feel better. If you are close to going over on calories try gum. My favorite is the Lemon Bar or Key Lime Pie Extra. If I am wanting sweets it does the trick. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one...I just blew 4 days last week from the chocolate frenzy. My body seemed to think it really needed to have peanut M&Ms!!!
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

The shedding of my uterine lining? I want to go back to the days where we got to spend a whole week in the hut to keep from killing the crops. I'd do a bit of weaving but sleep most of the day.

Laugh my *kitten* off! Good one! Hahahaha
  • Daniellev2
    Daniellev2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Leave the scale alone until the end. Be sure to drink alot of water, it will help with any side effects of Tom (time of month) i.e cramps. If you're tired, do get the rest your body needs, because sleep lowers stress levels which makes it easier for your body to let go of fat. Also, decrease your salt intake because it can make you retain water.
    These things have worked for me. :) I hope they help
    19101656.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    you buck up and deal with it because it's your period... you are going to keep getting it, every month, until menopause

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was going to say that.

I mean, just deal with it, it is what it is. We've been having this for years and will for years to come, so just take some aleve, or take a day off if its that bad. A day off of working out isn't going to be that harmful if you're feeling THAT bad.

At the risk of being ousted from womanhood, I get so tired of the way women (I mean in general, I don't mean because of this topic) use this fact of life as an excuse for everything. I can't stand hearing women "warn" people that they're in a bad mood and stay out of their way because they are "PMSing" and all the other wonderfully stupid things some women say about it. Good lord, plug it up and move on with the day, the world isn't ending. It's not an excuse to eat a pound of garbage and sleep for 4 days. It's just a fact of life. Push through.

*dodges heavy objects*
  • Jessicupcake20
    Options
    Yes another TOM post, but i did say ladies only, nosey, you couldn't resist could you? and i am not blaming my period for over eating , i was simply asking advice from other people who feel the same way. I decided to eat healthy and workout today! Thank you to the people who answered me honestly and with thought, i really appreciated it, i just needed some support and wondered how other people do it while still affectivly dieting.
  • Jessicupcake20
    Options
    How did asking for advice make you think that i use it as an excuse. i am not in a bad mood, im happy, im just craving and was wondering how to surpass period cravings. Some of you just got rude about it, ANYTHING to voice negative opinions!! get over yourselves.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i only get the munchies for about 48 hrs a week before my cycle begins and i give in. I eat. I sleep. I recuperate. Then i get back at it.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Yes another TOM post, but i did say ladies only, nosey, you couldn't resist could you? and i am not blaming my period for over eating , i was simply asking advice from other people who feel the same way. I decided to eat healthy and workout today! Thank you to the people who answered me honestly and with thought, i really appreciated it, i just needed some support and wondered how other people do it while still affectivly dieting.

Princess it is a forum and you will get good and bad responses to what ever you post.

Sometimes it is better to use the search bar to answer your questions but you have taken all the replies in a good way and not been offended.

Please don`t let the replies you have got put you off asking questions in the future, just be prepared for the replies you may get.

If people didn`t post a topic then we would all sit here poised at our keyboards with nothing to do lol!

Hope you feel better soon and get back with the whole losing weight/feeling healthy thing x
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^ And if you think TOM sucks, just wait until go through menopause.

Oh yea...HOT FLASHES...only in the winter are they good...and then not so much!