Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I curl in the squat rack!

thats cool...i squat in the curl rack!
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    6'3 170? do you even eat?

Thank you for your concern. Yes I do eat check out my diary. I cut at 2000 Cals, Maintenance is 2500ish . My goal was to lean out into single digit body fat (which I achieved) and for the next 2 months I'm recomping to burn a little more fat and build some muscle. After that I'll be doing a "realistic" bulk to add mass.

From checking out your goals and your diary you and I are very different. I have never needed to eat past 3300-3000 cals for any reason. All it does is add fat to me. I've tried it. I bought into the delusion of the "see food diet" and you'll bulk up and get huge muscles. I was wrong, all it did was make me gain an unnecessary amount of fat. Too no avail barely any muscle gain. After a long break and on and off working out I decided to start training. However this time I did my research. I'm setting a realistic goal with an appropriate amount of food (no need to waste it over eating). Idunno about you but I can only build muscle so fast, and I found that one can only build so much each month. I'm simply eating what I need to eat. I can't force muscle growth beyond what I am genetically capable of.

Again thank you for your concern, but I will gain weight at a steady and realistic pace. The weight I gain will be purely LBM.

Have a nice day.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    As a woman, I don't want to look too bulky. Boys don't like that. I would rather have long, lean muscles so I do a lot of stretching.
    I am also mostly interested in burning fat, so i do cardio.
    I see some girls lifing at my gym. It's so awkward, and I bet they just do it to be around the guys. And all that grunting is so unfeminine.

Can't tell if ur serious or not
    Why would you think I am not being serious?

gona need pics to confirm
    Pictures of me not lifting? All my pictures are of me not lifting. Why do you find it so hard to believe that i just want a feminine body? Real women have curves.

There are plenty of curvatious people who lift. Lifting does not make you not curvy. Low BF can make you a little less curvy, but low LBM and mid-range BF people often have very few curves (as in flat butt and boring thighs usually, depending on how they carry their weight). Don't hate on lifters.

ETA: I'm not hating on people like that. I'm just trying to disprove your argument. And if you go on to say that they should just do squats and lunges, those are BW lifting exercises.

8289646955_829d5ce34d.jpg

Curvy girl lifting.

Go girl!
  • carenjd
    carenjd Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's why you start lifting - even small amounts count
    you're missing a 'bro' in your title

and no, im too weak
  • carenjd
    Options
    Are you kidding me right now? I can't even express how disappointed I am to call myself a fellow woman along side you - this is ridiculous. All that grunting is unfeminine? Are you serious? I wasn't aware there was a feminine rule book. I better read up on it because I'm sure all that farting I've done after Yoga makes me unfeminine. I must mind my Ps and Qs or else my boobs might be taken away.
    Holy crap.
    *facepalm*
    As a woman, I don't want to look too bulky. Boys don't like that. I would rather have long, lean muscles so I do a lot of stretching.
    I see some girls lifing at my gym. It's so awkward, and I bet they just do it to be around the guys. And all that grunting is so unfeminine.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

VERY well played miss! Very well played!!
    OMG you made me giggle

That was weird! When I hear OMG...it's never been followed by 'you made me giggle'...lol.

Oh, wait...wrong thread!

Sooo...on topic...I've been known to pick up a weight or two on occasion.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Double post.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

I can't believe how many people are taking this seriously...

I would kill to have a squat booty like yours! Serious.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me right now? I can't even express how disappointed I am to call myself a fellow woman along side you - this is ridiculous. All that grunting is unfeminine? Are you serious? I wasn't aware there was a feminine rule book. I better read up on it because I'm sure all that farting I've done after Yoga makes me unfeminine. I must mind my Ps and Qs or else my boobs might be taken away.
    Holy crap.
    *facepalm*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Lifting heavy is how I got my curves. This was achieved with no added bulk, inches lost, and no special interest to be around the guys. They just happen to be there.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Holy crap.
    *facepalm*
    94mkdqN.jpg
    I highly recommend reading this. It's got all kinds of important information about how us ladies should behave in public. And yes, grunting is a no-no.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I'm actually still losing at 3400...
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Bro...
  • carenjd
    Options
    Do you and the author live in 1785? lol seriously. I suppose we should sleep in separate beds than our significant others and make sure dinner is on the table by five, oh and make sure to sew **** and Jane's sweaters for the sock hop.

:laugh:
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I curl in the squat rack!

x2

One day I was curling in the squat rack, and my friend saw that I was curling more than this other guy and he said, "Good job Dave man!"

I'm also working on my PhD in Broscience
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Do you and the author live in 1785? lol seriously. I suppose we should sleep in separate beds than our significant others and make sure dinner is on the table by five, oh and make sure to sew **** and Jane's sweaters for the sock hop.

No, you should sleep in the same bed, in case you need to perform your marital duties. I don't know how else you expect to keep a husband.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

No, you should sleep in the same bed, in case you need to perform your marital duties. I don't know how else you expect to keep a husband.

Hot!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why do you shave your abs, and nothing else??

I prefer to shave my junk and nothing else

Need any help with that?

Oh, and I lift a little.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I just go to the gym to use their big mirrors

WAIT, hold on. Those big mirrors aren't there just so I can look at myself?! :embarassed: ahhhhh my world has been turned upside down
  • crisanderson27
    Options

<3