Um WHAT IN THE ACTUAL EFF

Options

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I think you look perfectly fine (esp b/c you're in my fav lululemon pants in your pic I think?) I have to admit being places and in my HEAD wishing they weren't showing so much skin....but I would never say that to someone ever! How rude! Plus you look great so wth?
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    WTH ?!?.:mad: :explode: :grumble: .... What everyone Else said! Want to borrow my 9mm and shoot her next time and put her out of her misery? :wink: :laugh: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: and even though you're a law student here is an extra :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Guns are illegal in D.C. therefore no one uses them.

(Sarcasm)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    She must be a mental patient. It's the only explanation.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Her ignorance is so obvious I couldn't possibly even take her seriously enough to give her another thought.

However, next time you see her it would be appropriate to say "I may look fat in running shorts but I can go on a diet, and you'll still be a mean nasty person."

THIS!!! What a rude cow ....
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Her ignorance is so obvious I couldn't possibly even take her seriously enough to give her another thought.

However, next time you see her it would be appropriate to say "I may look fat in running shorts but I can go on a diet, and you'll still be a mean nasty person."

^This^
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Next time you see her, clothesline that b****
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    That seriously happened? I got insulted yesterday by a group a guys who were making fun of the fact that I was pale, proceeded to call me "white girl" and that I shouldn't have been wearing my running shorts because no one wanted to see my blinding paleness. :laugh: I was annoyed at first, but I actually thought it was funny when I thought about it because it was so incredibly absurd and they were basically being rude towards every female who walked by. I have been insulted before by strangers, but it usually happened when I was a teenager (or by teenagers), or younger. I'm sorry that happened, but just try to imagine how bitter and hateful that person is and be happy you aren't the same way - it must be pretty miserable to feel so negative all of the time.

You handled it in a much more mature way than I would have by ignoring her. I don't think I could have not confronted her on the spot about it. :noway:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    What a miserable woman she is. You look great, OP! You shoulda told her to go F herself. Seriously. :mad:
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH you are way too sweet and its definitely cheering me up.

You're all so right that I should just brush off it off...and I mean I have to! But GAAAHHHHH! Ugh,

I guess when you are already putting so much work into loving yourself getting that hate from a total stranger is just such a slap!

What I can't get over is....WHO SAYS THINGS LIKE THAT?!? I mean, even if I were clinically obese, I would consider it to be equally as rude and despicable to say something. Given that I am a normal size (literally a dress size 6 I mean wtf does she expect a woman to be?!?) I just find it...confusing?!?!?!? And so hurtful! I just can't conceptualize of people who are totally okay with intentionally causing hurt to others THAT THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW!

bah based on this rant I'd say I'm not quite over it yet....but this support is AMAZING thank you so much for the kind thoughts. As soon as it happened I was thinking OMG WHO CAN I SAY THIS TOO WITHOUT FEELING EMBARRASSED....what would I do without MFP???

ETA: to those of you kind enough to praise my "maturity"....I think if my brain had caught up to what was happening I probably wouldn't have just stayed silent haha
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    What she meant was:

"I'm sick of seeing all these fat people getting thin, looks were all i had and if everyone starts looking good then i have nothing"

:laugh:

Seriously, don't let it get to you. Some people are just mean for the sake of being mean. I know it's easier said than done, but don't let those types of people have power over you.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" fairly athletic and weigh 157 lbs, well within normal BMI range.

Ummm so ten minutes ago I'm walking out of my apartment in non-spandex running shorts and a loose tank top and a woman walking by me into the building says to me "ugh I am so sick of seeing fat people in little shorts you look disgusting" then walks in. What the ****?!

She was probably in her thirties, slim and fit but certainly nothing special to look at. I was so stunned I didn't say a word. I am in shock right now. I want to cry!
    WHAT?? You're going to let some little loser wench make you feel bad?? Please you have to like yourself more than that. What a sad life she must have to worry about you or anyone else for that matter. See now I'm mad for you :angry:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Buy a plain white t-shirt
    Write *kitten* (a brand of clothing in the UK, so go away silly mods!)
    Then write YOU on it
  • aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 230 pounds, she'd love me!!! Eff her!!!!!!!

Right! Me Too!
  • SkinTightDenims
    Options
    I agree! WTF?? She obviously had poor parenting, and was never taught common courtesy at home.

Last year I went to see my mother on Mother's Day. My father put his arm around me and said, "You're gettin' fat." I said, "Thanks Dad," to which he replied, "Well you need to hear it." I'm 5'6", and was 155 lbs at the time. Which is, by the way, 15 lbs lighter than I was the last time he made a comment about my weight, when he told me it was good to see me finally 'filling out'. Really?

She doesn't have to live your life, so don't let her inside your head.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    You should find some *ahem* dog residue in a park and wipe it on the handle of her apartment door. Then attach a note to the door that says "Now THIS is disgusting."
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Do you know which apartment she lives in?

Five words. Flaming. Bag. Of. Dog. Poo.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

Hahahahaha I am CRACKING UP thank you for that and thanks EVERYONE for the kind words.

Unfortunately/Fortunately I do not know which apartment, and its a high rise so there are a lot. Otherwise that woman might be INUNDATED WITH POO.

Honestly, maybe its good this happened. A year ago this comment would have done much worse to me than it does now. And not just because I've lost a few pounds, but because I have been working on self-esteem. There are way worse disappointments in life than one random ***** attacking your biggest insecurity!
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    That's pretty impressive. We should try to be kind to the mentally ill, but that's pushing it.

PROBABLY the right response would be just to smile sweetly while pitying the poor woman for whatever inner demon is tormenting her.

My natural reaction would have been to take off the shorts and throw them at her while yelling, "I KNOW, RIGHT?", but I'm still working on this whole "compassion" thing.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Hahahahaha I am CRACKING UP thank you for that and thanks EVERYONE for the kind words.

Unfortunately/Fortunately I do not know which apartment, and its a high rise so there are a lot. Otherwise that woman might be INUNDATED WITH POO.

Honestly, maybe its good this happened. A year ago this comment would have done much worse to me than it does now. And not just because I've lost a few pounds, but because I have been working on self-esteem. There are way worse disappointments in life than one random ***** attacking your biggest insecurity!
    Does she actually live near you? Do you see her often? Seriously buy clothes that are to small for you, make sure they're belly tops and you quadraboob out of them. Jump every time you see her.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Some people are so miserable that it can't help but leak out of them. Or, to put it another way, haters gonna hate.
    This made me laugh. "Or, in the parlance of our times, haters gonna hate"