Any 10,000 Steps (Daily) Success stories?

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Two of my Mfp beloved friends are doing this and encouraged and/or inspired me to do this too. It's really a tremendous daily goal for me and makes me feel like a first class champion as I'm accomplishing this and more.

Anyone have any 10,000 Steps success stories where it's helped you reach your goals or such like? Pls. do share!

Replies

• Freedom125
    Freedom125 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine! I just started using a fitbit 10 days ago and my daily goal at the moment is 5000 steps. I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any stories about 10,000!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I started at 5,000 steps also, and progressed from there.

My current daily goal is 11,000, and I'll be pushing it to 12,000 soon.

My daily records are :

20,858 steps
    10.05 miles
    59 floors
    3,235 calories
    1,190 activity score
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

My daily records are :

20,858 steps
    10.05 miles
    59 floors
    Girlfriend....YOU ROCK, period.:love::smooched: :heart: :love: I am so proud of you. As a matter of fact, you've inspired me to start getting back on my nordic track stepper--I forgot about that thing--Thank you so much for posting!
    3,235 calories
    1,190 activity score
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I got my FitBit to earn points on Earnedit.com, and to track how many steps I walk during one of my motorsports days. Here was this past Sunday's:

28323 steps taken
    232 floors climbed
    10.96 miles traveled
    2532 calories burned
    1725 active score

I'll be honest though, my daily goal is 5,000 - I have a desk job.
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 11,500 steps with a burn of 2500 to 3000 cals. : ) I think my top steps are 18000. You can do it!
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just from being at work, I get over 7,000 steps. Once I navigate my new neighborhood and the people in it, I will start trying to take walks around to get to 10,000. I usually get up to 8,000 for the day. I think maybe the extra 2,000 will help me. Though I'm already finding it difficult to eat all of the calories without going too far over my macro-nutrients. We will just see how it goes. Good luck to you! :)
  • lilicov81
    Options
    I just start using 'RUNTASTIC Pedometer' and so far 5350 steps in 3 hrs so far so good. I only use it when I do my rounds at work, I hope to work my way to 11000 per shift :)
  • musicalboats
    Options
    I usually averaged around 12,000 steps just through work, and didn't count home time or gym time. This thread is making me realize my work is more active then I knew lol!

Good job everybody!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

My daily records are :

20,858 steps
    10.05 miles
    59 floors
    Girlfriend....YOU ROCK, period.:love::smooched: :heart: :love: I am so proud of you. As a matter of fact, you've inspired me to start getting back on my nordic track stepper--I forgot about that thing--Thank you so much for posting!
    3,235 calories
    1,190 activity score

Thanks, and I'm happy I inspired you, but... I'm a guy. :laugh:
  • Caldmint
    Caldmint Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all.
    New here and my first post.

Regarding the 10k steps per day, it was very difficult for me and honestly I didn't stick with it after the surgery. But I did it for 2 months before having my gallbladder removed and it was the major component in my losing the 20lbs I needed to before it.

Things I did to help increase the tick where walking to the far bathrooms each time I needed to go. Sometimes walking to the far bathrooms, returning to the original end of the building then going back to the far end to use it and come back to the office making a double loop so to speak. I tried to do this every hour. Made for 6-10k at work instead of 1500 on an average day. Was just finding ways to increase it. If your office has two sets of doors to come and go from, use the further set. Even if you need to go somewhere out one that makes sense, use the other. In my case, using opposite doors adds 100 steps each direction on a bathroom trip. Do that 6-8 times in a day and you've added what used to be my daily total.

If you can, walk to work. Get off the bus a stop early or something. If you drive, park at the back of the lot, or furthest place from your office.

Walking takes time. About 1 minute for 100+ steps at regular walking. So 10k will be about 80-90 minutes of your day. But you can do it. It will help. And you'll feel better for it.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    When I first started with MFP and began this weight loss journey, this was my first goal! I made sure I walked 10,000 steps a day which required me to walk on the treadmill or the neighborhood. Get your steps in and it will lead to increased activity!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

My daily records are :

20,858 steps
    10.05 miles
    59 floors
    3,235 calories
    1,190 activity score

Thanks, and I'm happy I inspired you, but... I'm a guy. :laugh:

:blushing: :embarassed: :blushing: Sorry about that dude...let me correct that:

You totally ROCK sir, period:glasses: WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And EVERYTHING else I said still applies--thank you so much for so kindly and graciously letting me know too:drinker:
  • smyr630
    smyr630 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got my FitBit to earn points on Earnedit.com, and to track how many steps I walk during one of my motorsports days. Here was this past Sunday's:

What do the points get you? I guess I could look it up, but for the sake of the thread I'll just ask.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I made my goal 15,000 steps/day on BodyMedia. I try to reach it each day, but sometimes I don't because I get busy (I have a desk job). I try to walk in the morning before work, sometimes on lunch breaks, and a lot after work. Also, I walk back and forth to work each day because I live in the city (apartment vs work building is 5 min walk).

The first week I got my BodyMedia, I did 15,000 steps/day and lost 7 lbs! I've been doing this for over a month now and have been doing great with it.

I've lost around 20 lbs so far with BodyMedia, and a total of 40 lbs overall. My record steps in one day is 30,224.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options

What do the points get you? I guess I could look it up, but for the sake of the thread I'll just ask.

I love EarndIt! You get food/fitness rewards, such as healthy bars, sleep medicine, fitness clothes, online weight loss website access, etc. You can also donate the points to charity.

I also use EveryMove, which has the same deals. I am currently working towards an Amazon gift card for that site.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I average 17,500 steps during the week. I walk about 20,000 steps on Saturday and Sunday.

My ticker is the result of walking and calorie counting.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I think I am a 10,000 step a day success story. My job offered us pedometers as part of a wellness program, and I decided to participate. When I first started my goal was 3500 steps a day (I was REALLY overweight), but now my goal is set at 10,000 and has been for quite a while. Most days I get at least 12,000 and a lot of days I make it higher. I walk every change I get now. If I get to work early, I walk around the building until work time. I walk during lunch when weather permits. I walk at night. I park as far from wherever I am going as Ican (I live way out in the country, so ditching the car and walking to work and stuff is not doable. I have lost all the weight I have lost with walking as my primary exercise. In the last couple of months I purchased a bike and have started riding sometimes.
  • walkee
    walkee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Desk job.....have a weekly goal of 120,000.. which rounds out to about 20,000 a day (Sat/Sun 10,000)....that I've maintained and soon will be changing :smile: ...FITBIT and MFP power!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I made my goal 15,000 steps/day on BodyMedia. I try to reach it each day, but sometimes I don't because I get busy (I have a desk job). I try to walk in the morning before work, sometimes on lunch breaks, and a lot after work. Also, I walk back and forth to work each day because I live in the city (apartment vs work building is 5 min walk).

The first week I got my BodyMedia, I did 15,000 steps/day and lost 7 lbs! I've been doing this for over a month now and have been doing great with it.

I've lost around 20 lbs so far with BodyMedia, and a total of 40 lbs overall. My record steps in one day is 30,224.

:drinker: :heart: :drinker: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • annlsinger
    annlsinger Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a total "stepping" success story. I participated in a pedometer based study at UCSF Medical School that began in September. I was in a group that used a pedometer ( a very large cluncky medical grade pedometer) and a phone app that you had to interract with twice per day--once in the morning, and once at night. The purpose of the study was to lower your fasting glucose and A1C by walking 12,000 steps per day, and in my case eating 1500-2000 calories per day. The first two weeks of the study, you wore the pedometer (blind--coudlnt' see the output) so that the study could get a baseline of your steps on a daily basis. I averaed 1600 steps per day ( I have a desk job, and was not active).

I began the study on Octboer 1, with the goal to increase my steps 20% per week until I reached the 12,000 daily goal. (It took me until around Christmas to get to that level).

I started tracking calories on MFP (the calorie component was introduced after pedometer component by two weeks) on October 15. I've lost almost 65 pounds. And I will say that while I do aim for 12,000 steps per day, I do 12,000 without question on Friday-Monday. Tuesday-Thursday are tougher for me and I usually hit 6,000-8,000.

Not only have I lost the 65 pounds (and am nearly halfway to my goal weight. But, I feel good. I go to Curves 3 X per week. And I started Couch 2 5K this week, and just completed Week 1 Day 3. (I'm doing a 5K in June....the real reason for me to be doing the C25K program is to help increase my walking pace).

It has been great.

The study concluded March 25. I was the study's poster child for the most weight loss. My cholesterol went down 24 points from 224 to 200--all in the "bad" cholesterol. My good cholesterol went up. I've lost lots of inches. My A1C went from 5.9 to 5.4.

Happy walkin' to all. I'm a believer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!