First photos of me at 280 pounds and now at 232

Options

Replies

• MissySn
    MissySn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are one awesome and inspiring lady!!! Thank you for sharing your story!!
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    GRRRRRRRRRRREAT WORK!!! Keep it up girl!
  • natashafurtado7
    Options
    Woah you look beautiful! Good for you :) Keep up the good work :)
  • Brynnca
    Brynnca Posts: 11
    Options
    What a romantic story, proposing after only 2 days!! Ed looks like Kurt Russell. You're a great-looking couple.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! great job ....
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work Rose :)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love your story and you look so HAPPY NOW :):):)
    WTG!!!
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WOW. You are doing fantastic. You look amazing :)
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I can tell that you have great motivation and have worked hard for this!!! Keep it up! Before you know it, you'll be getting those new knees!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOWWWW!! I am just SOOOO proud of you!!
    Glad you will get your new knees soon! :-)

Congrats!!
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. Keep up the good work!
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! i am sure it will be getting easier and easier as you go!
  • Sanjapleic
    Options
    Great job, congratulations! You are on your way to better your! Good luck in loosing the rest of it and on knee surgery!
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You are Inspiring!
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    WTG!
    You are doing great keep up the good work.
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have made wonderful progress. It looks like you lost more than 40 lbs to me. Good luck on your continued journey, I am sure you will meet your goals in no time.
  • fitma2013
    fitma2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Look'n awesome!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Love that smile of success! Keep up the good work. I hope to join you by next year in Onederland!!!!! God bless. :smile:
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    In November of 2011, I weighed more than 280+ pounds. I stopped looking at the scale at the VA hospital, when it said that I was more than 280. I don't know exactly what I weighed on the day this photo was taken. I only know that I was in a lot of pain. Both my knees were screaming, and I was only weeks away from living in my wheelchair with only a few painful steps on my walker to the bathroom.

11-19-11280poundsstandinginpain_zps716c581e.jpg?t=1365631677

11-19-11280poundsandbarelyabletostand_zpsa1e2ae0f.jpg?t=1365553228

I gave away that jacket on the day that I saw this photo. I hated how I looked. My belly was barely covered, and my butt was pushing the back of the jacket outward. I literally filled that jacket from front to back. I could barely get my pants up over my butt. I was almost splitting out the seams in the area of my inner thighs.

One year later...November 2012, my weight was down only slightly to 270.9 pounds; and my doctor and my surgeon both said that I should NOT BE STANDING OR WALKING...and certainly never without my walker. The risk was too great.My x-rays showed that degerative arthritis and years of carrying my weight had destroyed my knees. No cartilage or cushion remained in either knee. The bone heads had dozens of small fractures, just waiting to spread through the long bones. I could not afford to fall again.

My surgeon set me a goal. "Lose 70 pounds, and I will give you 2 new titanium knees." That meant...no more wheelchair, no more walker and I could walk freely again. I could run, if I wanted; but I was somewhat doubtful that I could pull off that challenge. I hadn't weighed less than 200 pounds in more than 30 years. Most of my life, I had weighed more than 240 pounds.

I ruled out gastric surgery for fear of complications and permanent 'damage' to my stomach, but I finally decided to 'give dieting a try'. In December, I decided to start counting calories. That's when I found MFP.

This morning, I weighed in at 232.0 pounds...almost 40 pounds down since my surgeon asked me to lose 70 pounds.

I had my hubbie takes some photos of me today. Clothes that really fit me are not in my closet. Everything is loose, but I am not going to buy any newer, smaller clothes...until I reach Onederland. New clothes and new knees will come at the same time.

04-10-13232pounds01_zpse84102db.jpg?t=1365636453

04-10-13232pounds02_zpsd8f5517f.jpg?t=1365636534

By the way...I am wearing the same size pants in my photos today; and they are so loose that I may have to take in the waist, if I plan to wear them much longer. All of my tops are now baggy. I have no 'tight' clothing left.

You go girl! You are on the path to success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!