Who else has a lot to lose???

Options

Replies

• MikeNoTalent
    MikeNoTalent Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Diet is a terrible word thanks to pseudo-fitness, a diet is what you eat so if you are eating fast food 3 times a day you're on a fast food diet. And yes raw food is where it's at for sure. I barely cook meat when I do eat it. Someone had recommended the eat to live book to me the other day, although I did pass on reading it as I found my niche. High amounts of healthy fat is essential to daily brain function and training the metabolism to burn fat. It's a form of bio-hacking where you actually speed your metabolism up. and when you speed it up your hunger level actually goes down because you're always burning calories for fuel. Slow metabolism is storing calories, literally putting them back for later and telling your body to consume more to keep storing up.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Diet is a terrible word thanks to pseudo-fitness, a diet is what you eat so if you are eating fast food 3 times a day you're on a fast food diet. And yes raw food is where it's at for sure. I barely cook meet when I do eat it. Someone had recommended the eat to live book to me the other day, although I did pass on reading it as I found my niche. High amounts of healthy fat is essential to daily brain function and training the metabolism to burn fat. It's a form of bio-hacking where you actually speed your metabolism up. and when you speed it up your hunger level actually goes down because you're always burning calories for fuel. Slow metabolism is storing calories, literally putting them back for later and telling your body to consume more to keep storing up.

I am trying to cut out most meats. I will eat meat 2-3 times a week, probably. I used to be a vegetarian before I started a family so it is not that inconceivable to me. Plus, I think as a country we eat WAY too much animal products.

Finding your niche is what it is all about! As I said before, some things work for some people and not for others. It is all about feeling it out. I think you know when you find what is right for you.

Why kind of healthy fats do you consume? Right now I think my best sources for that would be coconut oil (in my green smoothies), avocado, and nuts.

Jen
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot to loose, i have already lost a lot,hope that i would be able to help you any way possible
  • CupcakeKaos
    Options
    I still need to lose alot everone is doing there bday as a goal so maybe i should my bday is in Dec and i would want to lose 50 LB by then i think thats a good goul by this time next year i want to lose 120 from this day forword i alrealy lost 35 but i want to lose that 120 more , 50 of it by DEC
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I still need to lose alot everone is doing there bday as a goal so maybe i should my bday is in Dec and i would want to lose 50 LB by then i think thats a good goul by this time next year i want to lose 120 from this day forword i alrealy lost 35 but i want to lose that 120 more , 50 of it by DEC

Awesome job on your weight loss so far!!

My birthday is December 13th :)

Jen
  • CupcakeKaos
    Options
    I always thought i had to go on a diet to lose weight i think thats y i always gave up this time im doing muly own thing and i guess its working lol i never will go on a diet again what im doing works for me and im not giving up this time
  • CupcakeKaos
    Options
    Mine is Dec 9th lol
  • Atlantica
    Atlantica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,I am a mother of 4 (19, 14, 4, 1) and I have at least 100+ lbs to lose. I could definitely use support and encouragement and personal connections. I refuse to say i am dieting ( it makes me think I will starve) so . . . I am starting on a new life-stlye and dieting has no place in it.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I started here with 162 pounds to lose and am down 78 so far. I will be around for a long, long time. Feel free to add me :)
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    Hey! I have 90 lbs to lose... I've lost a total of 40 lbs since last December... I joined MFP in January... it has been helpful with keeping me on track calorie wise...I am learning to track every thing I put in my mouth... even gum!

feel free to add me... and good luck on your journey!
  • jamiestuth
    Options
    I have 100 plus pounds to lose as well. I am working full time with three kids 2, 4 and 6. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and have definitely had a much harder time since having the kiddos. I do have an exceptionally supportive husband but when his major weight loss is only 20ish pounds, I feel like I need more people to talk with that are in my boat. Feel free to add me to your lists.
  • BillyBeastMode
    BillyBeastMode Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I still need to lose 100+, but have lost 56 so far this year and am well on my way and not looking back!

Good luck to all of us in our journeys and new lives! =)
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I also have alot to lose, I'm a stay at home home to 3 kids...ages 4, 3 & 10 months old. I've lost alittle over 40lbs since having my son 10 months ago & still have another 15lbs to get to my prepregnancy weight. & once I get there, I have another 50lbs to get to my very 1st prepregnancy weight, before having any kids. I'd like to after I get to that weight, lose another 30lbs, so in total I still need to lose 100lbs & when I get down to that I will have lost 130lbs, so yeah I do have alot to lose..Lol. You can add me if you'd like :-)
  • TwistedHeart30
    Options
    My goal also is to lose lbs. would love to go on this journey along with you.
  • wendyc5056
    Options
    I'm brand new to this site with about 60 lbs to lose after about 3 yrs of not being able to lose and only gaining with no idea what I was doing wrong. Would love to join you on this weight loss journey.
  • xbabymama08x
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who has replied! I think I got everyone added as friends but if I missed you please come add me! I am off to bed, it's been a long day, but I will be back tomorrow. Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)
  • ArtsyGeekette
    ArtsyGeekette Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Same here! I am looking to lose at least 200lbs in the next few years to regain my life back. Go ahead and feel free to add me. Not many people know or understand what it is like to have a large amount of weight to lose and the psychology behind it that follows. Lose the weight for your own well-being and the freedom that comes with it.

You're taking the first step to a better life. :)

Note: We're all here to make our personal lives better. It is a good idea to talk with your doctor or find a doctor first to help you along your journey. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have well over 100 lbs. to loose. I've lost a lot before MFP, and now I continue to loose with the help of MFP and all the friends I have. I'm on here daily. Good luck on your new lifestyle. If you want you can check out my profile and see if I'm what you're looking for.
  • germaneagles79
    germaneagles79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there I have about 100 to 160 to lose and I have been dealing with weight problems all my life as well. Sometimes it just frustrates me that I have to keep 100 % control over what I eat and when I eat or the weight will just ad on so easy but come off very slowly. I'm all for balanced and healthy now and want to get my food choices and exercise to become a natural and doable thing that I can stick to for life. Who ever would like to gt on this journey with me feel free to ad me. Btw I am a bigger fan of inbox messages then the wtg comments on posts :)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I had over 200 pounds to lose initially which I have lost 188 pounds of with 17-35 pounds to go. Feel free to add me :)