I like beer

Options
13»

Replies

• mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    apparently tequila helps you lose weight.

Not true but I do lose my clothes a lot when I drink it! I have cut way back on my wine and beer but I have not given it up! I just count them as calories and yes they are empty and so is my head! Who cares!

Cheers!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    apparently tequila helps you lose weight.

That's total BS... My wife gained about 30 pounds the last time I had Tequila...

Took her 9 months to "lose it", too...

*winky wink*

:tongue:
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I still find room for beer and wine, but one thing I used to drink all the time that I've mostly given up are margaritas! I love a good margarita but at about 300-400 cals per serving plus the salt rim it's usually not in my calorie budget
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I don't really crave alcohol, but I do crave white, refined things: bread, pasta, John Slattery...
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love beer too! and WINE!

I will still have a drink whenever I want, if its a rough week after work, I will have a glass of wine or 2 with dinner 1 night or 4 nights. Its all about finding the balance that works best for you. If you want to have some drinks, go for it, but understand how it will impact your calorie count for the day and how it changes your eating habits then/the following day.

I know that if I have 3 or 4 drinks, I will be ravenously hungry the next day, so I have to keep that in mind and react appropriately. Also, if I plan on having drinks I make sure I get in a good workout.
  • AndrewXB9
    AndrewXB9 Posts: 114
    Options
    I still drink beer.

I don't think I could go without Stella or Peroni.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Baileys. I got bought a litre bottle about 6 weeks ago. Still unopened as I think I'll do a number in it when I open it! Lol. I just love the original one! Sooooooo delicious!!!
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I haven't had alcohal in 6 months... I missed it, they don't sell it here. As soon as I get on the plan you better believe that Imma drink the plane dry I tell you!!!!
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Baileys. I got bought a litre bottle about 6 weeks ago. Still unopened as I think I'll do a number in it when I open it! Lol. I just love the original one! Sooooooo delicious!!!

I love bailey's coffee! Yum yum and yuuuummm
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just keep on drinking, as long as you be honest about how much and log it into your diary.
    Do some xtra walking (to the Pub) to earn it.
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this post!! I like beer, especially in the summer time!! Nothing like lighting the grill and popping a top!! I have cut WAY back the last couple of weeks, though....mostly during the week, still drink it up on the weekends!!
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I bought some Budweiser 55 cal beer trying to save calories. Um no, just no.

I've decided to save cal. and enjoy the good stuff now and again.

That 55 s#!^ might be the nastiest I've ever tasted.
  • purpleluvet
    purpleluvet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go for a drink that has less calories and less sugar. I love my wine (specifically, Kendall Jackson) but, when I go out (which is not all that often) I usually stick to beer so that I don't get too sloshed. Weird as it is, my favorite is Rolling Rock. I almost never order liquor. But, recently I switched it up to vodka soda, sometimes with a splash of OJ or sometimes just lime. It took me a bit to get used to it, but now I love it and I feel way less guilty about enjoying a few drinks. I've read that adding some Mio liquid water enhancer is good for adding some extra flavor, but one of the ingredients is sucralose (same as splenda), so advise against using Mio or any type of artificial sweetener.