What workouts do you do?

Options
I'm interested to know what workout people do and how often and how long for? What's your average week of exercise?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know what workout people do and how often and how long for? What's your average week of exercise?

At the moment I am doing insanity, but I do it 5x a week not 6.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Hi there! I lift free weights three times a week, a little on the stationary bike at the same time (warmup). Besides that I walk about an hour every day, sometimes more.
    Oh, how long... Hm... 30 min lifting, 15 min bike and then the walking. Not much, but I love it.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    GZCL powerlifting method. 3x/week for 1-1.5 hours per session right now, while cutting. Will go to 5x/week when I go back into gainz mode.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I exercise about 5 days a week. Right now, I switch it up between Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Kickbox Fast Fix (2 workouts, one after another), Killer Buns and Thighs, and Ripped in 30. :)
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    P90X strength routines on Mon/Wed/Fri
    Running on Tue/Thu/Sat or Sun
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm currently checking out the water excercise classes at my gym and doing laps (i'm 27wks preggo, so water is my friend) 5x a week (M-F) with some strength training at home mixed in. Prior to last week, I was hitting the gym 3-5x a week, strength training 2-3 of those days for 40 min (20 upper, 20 lower body) and 20 minutes cardio broken up into a 10 minute warmup on the elliptical to get my heart pumping, and then 10 minutes on the treadmill at the end, with stretching in the middle. On the days I didn't strength train or get to the gym, I did cardio for 25-40 minutes, usually on the treadmill or taking a walk.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have 2 90 minute session a week in the Gym with a personal trainer, I also run 2-3 days a week.
  • hannahcorney01
    hannahcorney01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do approx 6 workouts a week at the moment ranging from dancing, power walking, going to the gym and doing free weights, sit ups, cross trainer, bike, rower and treadmill.....i find it helps if you try and mix it up as much as possible.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Exercising 5-6 times a week at the moment. I lift 4 times, each up to 90 minutes, depending on which body part I train. HIIT is 2-3 times a week, for 30-45 minutes. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Here's a breakdown of two different weeks, just to give you an idea of what I do. AM workouts are videos and rebounder, PM workouts are run, weights, rebounder. This list just shows minutes of exercise done for the week.
    (3/24-3/2)
    30 Day Shred: 50:00
    Cardio Video: 38:00
    Rebounder: 22:16
    Ripped in 30: 25:00
    Run: 18.9 mi
    Weights: 30:00
    Yoga Video: 30:0

(3/31-4/6):
    30 Day Shred: 50:00
    Cardio Video: 1:01:00
    Pilates: 20:00
    Rebounder: 40:00
    Ripped in 30: 42:30
    Run: 15.7 mi
    Weights: 20:00
    Yoga Video: 21:00
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday ,twice daily

morning @ gym - weight lifting,running,cycling,elliptical cycling, stretching etc etc - 600 calories

evening @ swimming pool - 20 X 50 meter length - 320 calories
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I do 20-25 mins aerobic/toning (to DVD) before breakfast every morning, walk to and from work (15 mins each way Mon to Fri) and do a workout most nights when I get home - either 30-40 mins aerobics/toning (DVD) or 20-40 mins Zumba (Wii) - plus one Zumba class a week (1 hour - no evening workout that day!). At weekends same morning/afternoon sessions unless hubby and I go for a long walk - 45 mins to 1 hr.
  • rob_kurtz
    rob_kurtz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    P90X 6 days a week and also bowl 1-2 times a week.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    5 days a week, 2 days HIIT, 3 days weights, 60-70 mins each day.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I run about 35-40 miles per week.
    14-18 miles on Sundays,
    4 miles on Mondays,
    Crosstrain on tuesdays,
    6-7 miles on Wednedays,
    8-9 Miles on Thursdays,
    4 miles on Fridays,
    7 Miles on Saturdays.

That's training for a marathon, so when I'm not training I will probably be at about 30 miles per week.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Insanity, Day 44, 6 times a week, 1 day of rest :smile:
  • scward1991
    scward1991 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do my fitness dvd 4 times a week - this includes a toning session and a dance work out session combined, which takes an hour. I don't have much time during the day so I do it after work during weekdays, which has really helped me lose the weight I have lost!
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with constant colds for the last few months but otherwise I usually do 2 x aerial dance class (trapeze/silks/lyra hoop), 2 x climbing sessions and then I try to do 30 day shred on a morning at least 5 times per week or I replace one of those sessions with a 14 mile cycle to work (spring to autumn). My morning sessions depend on how sore I am from climbing/aerial.

I love doing exercise that is fun and has a purpose so that it doesn't feel like a chore. I love cycling to work because you get some fresh air in the morning and don't laugh but nature is pretty especially when I see birds and rabbits etc.

At the moment I am barely making it to my 2 sessions of aerial. I had the flu in November and February and ever since I have had constant colds. Just when I start to feel better I get full of cold again.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    currently my schedule is m/w/f weights (mainly machines) with some cardio after. tu/th/su swimming and aqua aerobics - generally a 2 kilometer swim, and almost an hour of aqua aerobics.
    Sat and sun I tend to go for a walk with hubby, so even my rest day (saturday) isnt much of a rest :)

I'm looking for some different classes to do at the gym though, but I've got to find ones that are OK for the knees as I have a knee problem.