Im finally pregnant with PCOS!

Options

Replies

• sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm sending you sticky baby vibes!!!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I too lost 35 pounds and got pregnant and I have PCOS! I've been off the pill for a little more than a month and BAM! Preggers! It's crazy how things happen! Best of luck to your pregnancy!
  • clairemarie1016
    clairemarie1016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm so very happy for you :-) This really made me smile!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats :-)
  • foxylady522
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. Coming from another "victim" of PCOS I understand the difficulty in becoming pregnant, even with medical intervention. I also lost weight (but on a low carb diet) and became pregnant. Best of luck to you!
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic news! Congratulations! Gives me hope that after I get married next year we can get to work on the babies as well. I have not gone off BC since I was 15 when diagnosed with PCOS so will see what comes our way. Thanks for sharing :)
  • NJD2885
    NJD2885 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting preggo. What a thrilling time for you and Hubby. I wish you a healthy pregnancy and all the joy in the world. Thanks for sharing such a motivational story.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is great to hear.
  • amomofboys79
    Options
    I too was told I never concieve w/o medical intervention. We did 3 rounds of clomid, 2 rounds of injections/iui and all failed (this was 2008). We took a step back and decided, to become foster parents as a different route to expand our family. We both started going to the gym just for health reasons and to keep our minds busy and not worrying about "when the call would come" from the agency fo ra placement. We were licensed March of 09 and our 2 older sons came to us May of 09. Between the gym and the new kidies (ages 2 yrs old and 3.5 weeks at the time) and working FT, we were pretty busy. I was able to lose 35 pounds over a few months time.

July that year (2009) on a whim, my huband and I had a few moments of quiet and "adult time" and BOOM! I conceived NATURALLY and was blessed to carry to full term. When our yongest son came I had a 3yr old,, just turned 1 yr old and newbie!

Moral of the story is 1. It DOES happen 2. Becareful what you wish for :) I LOVE LOVE my boys, and we again licensed foster parents hoping to adopt!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Awwww! Congrats! I remember my struggle getting pregnant. My son is 9 now. Your story brought tears to my eyes. Congrats again!
  • llcjmama
    llcjmama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    Congratulations!

i was rushed in hospital age 16 they removed a cysts from my left tube and told me i would never be able to have babies because of the condition..i felt like my life was over, concentrated on a career and then..... 3 yr later i met mr.right ,he proposed after 6 weeks and knowing i could never have children, 3 days later i became ill.. i was pregnant i had conceived immediately and had 4 babies within 5 yrs!. dr.s were baffled and did tests which showed my condition was just as bad as when i was 16 and i shouldnt have been able to conceive at all even with the help of ivf . Never lose hope x
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Super, duper congratulations. Have a happy, safe and healthy pregnancy and enjoy your wonderful baby.
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!
  • Foxxyfiercefitness
    Foxxyfiercefitness Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I was pretty much the same way; married for over a year and not on birth control. Hardly had a cycle ever. Then, all of a sudden had two periods in two straight months and got pregnant with my daughter. And it gets better! After having my daughter, I was breast feeding and on birth control, then 6 months later. BAM...pregnant again! Now I have a 3 and 2 year old who are 14 months apart! My doctor said after having 1, the body gets in the swing of things and knows what to do :happy:
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Why are docs so hesitant to tell overweight women with ovulation issues to lose weight before they try anything else?

Some do. Many, MANY women then get offended, depressed, or just change doctors until someone will "fix" them with expensive drugs or procedures (IVF, etc). Telling women that their obesity is a DIRECT cause of their infertility is a very difficult discussion that most male physicians don't want to touch with a ten foot pole, other than in passing. Female physicians often will mention it and may even suggest, briefly, ways to go about it.....but insurance companies don't pay family practice docs or Ob/Gyns for this sort of counseling which, if you've ever been to a nutritionist or dietician, can be very, very extensive.

Difficult talk + not getting paid = little talking done

Physicians have been yelling for years that PREVENTATIVE medicine is where it's at. Getting people to change their lifestyle and take responsibility for their OWN healthcare - rather than ruining it with bad choices and then expecting a doctor to "fix" you with magical pills and potions. Unfortunately, that's not how Big Pharma and Big Insurance makes money, and your doctors have been taking the fall for YEARS now.

For MOST women with PCOS, if you have sex frequently enough, for long enough, you WILL get pregnant. The problem with PCOS is that you ovulate infrequently and you never know when...making it tough to time sex. If egg & sperm just happen to meet, you're just as likely to become pregnant and carrry to term as anyone else. Even a modest weight loss of 5% can induce ovulation. Metformin works as well. The two together can really get things moving.

As for weight loss in pregnancy, it is true that you should not "diet" in pregnancy...but the truth is that most women in general, including obese ones, have a tendency to start eating better once they know they are pregnant. This leads to unintentional weight loss and it's fine. Your growing baby is NOT going to starve when you have 50-100 extra pounds of "fuel" on board.

What obesity in pregnancy DOES do is make you a very high risk pregnancy. Depending on the women and the BMI, this could mean anything from a slight increase in the chance of blood clots, gestational diabetes, and pre-eclampsia, etc....to the complete inability to deliver you at smaller hospitals where the equipment can literally not hold your weight (along with a HUGELY increased rate of the before-mentioned problems)....Requiring transport by ambulance / helicopter to a hospital with bariatric equipment. In addition, the general "discomforts of pregnancy" (swelling, back pain, hip pain, knee pain, etc) are all multiplied exponentially in obese mothers. You're ALWAYS better off losing your weight and getting healthy before trying to get pregnant.
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump, because I'm hoping OP will reply and say if pregnancy stuck, best of luck!
  • motivatedshi
    motivatedshi Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    preganacy stuck, and he is now a beautiful healthy 1 year old thank god
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!