Need help destroying a chocolate bunny

Options
13»

Replies

• CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason to deny him....if you start off with YOU CAN'T HAVE then the whole mentality of weight loss is hampered.

Approach it with an "I love you as much as you love these. Since we are in this together, I want you to enjoy this, take your weight and use this as your base weight" and then we will approach the next "need" when it comes.

Then when the time comes where he needs a chocolate fix (all of us do).....then buy minis. I am a chocolate freak so I buy the large bags of mini chocolate bars, and use them as my craving fixes when I really (and I do mean REALLY NEED them). They are small, can count into his calorie plan and he's not deprived.

Changing eating habits for most people is like having an addiction and being told you CAN'T HAVE....it's hard, but with the proper approach...doable.

Good luck.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I think you have all the suggestions you need, but just have to say that for some reason this thread (and the strange video) made me smile, and that your husband is very lucky to have you to help him along the way. Good luck to both of you.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Break it up, put dish soap over the crumbs, and toss it out. No need to eat it just because it's there. Especially if you are trying to get healthy.

:angry:
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    "Bunny Steaks" LOL that just made my day!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I would eat the tail and the ears first (after I weighed them, which takes the fun out of biting the tail off, unless you spit it back out to weigh it), then cut the rest up into "bunny steaks".

Take out scale, turn scale on. Put bunny on scale. Zero scale. Attack bunny by biting tail and/or ear like a savage (heck, if you're gonna bite you might as well enjoy it, no?). Put bunny back on scale. The scale now shows a negative number equal to how much you've bitten off. You do have to be fast enough so that the scale does not go off. The other option is weight before and after biting and deduct the later from the former.

Why didn't I think of that?! Saves having to spit it back out. :bigsmile:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    These are my husband's bunnies. He will murder me if I toss/mail them. He is a serious fiend about his chocolate.

Melting them down and putting into ice cube/candy trays sounds like the best option, though I'd rather beat them to death.

Do both. They'll melt easier if they're broken up. I wouldn't stick them in the fridge/freezer though. In my experience frozen chocolate blooms and turns grey. It's still edible, but not very nice looking.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Melt it down and mix it with some whole milk or heavy cream. BAM you have yourself a chocolate sauce. Store most of it in the freezer, some in the fridge, and serve yourself one tbsp per day over some greek yogurt.
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's crap, toss it in the garbage ......

Buy dark, dark chocolate & eat a LITTLE bit each day ..... keep it in the freezer :drinker:

Definitely this. Only eat food like that if it is high quality and worth the calories.
  • likepepsicola
    Options
    Break it up, put dish soap over the crumbs, and toss it out. No need to eat it just because it's there. Especially if you are trying to get healthy.

tumblr_mbcrjzD9U21ql5yr7o1_400.gif

tumblr_inline_mkue0kFMbi1qz4rgp.gif
  • likepepsicola
    Options
    It's crap, toss it in the garbage ......

Buy dark, dark chocolate & eat a LITTLE bit each day ..... keep it in the freezer :drinker:

Definitely this. Only eat food like that if it is high quality and worth the calories.

Personally I think even most cheap off-brand milk chocolate usually tastes better than most "quality" expensive extra dark super bitter chocolate. Almost everytime I eat dark chocolate I regret it because I didn't enjoy it and I feel like I wasted my calories. And then I have to go eat some milk or white chocolate to really satisfy my chocolate craving.

tumblr_mc21pvfUzA1r3zat8.gif