Replies

• Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP!
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What I eat for breakfast depends on how much time I have lol. Mornings I'm running behind, I throw a slice of whole wheat bread in the toaster then spread peanut butter on it and grab a cheese stick. Mornings when I have a little extra time, I peel a couple of boiled eggs (which I boiled the night before) salt and pepper and slice up an apple. Other mornings, I grab yogurt, granola bars, or fruit. I have also made (the night before) breakfast cupcakes. All you do is line a cupcake pan with your favorite sliced lunch meat (I used 2 slices of turkey) or bacon then crack open and egg into the lunch meat (I scrambled my egg and threw in some chives and spinach) then pop the pan into the oven until it's done. The egg should be fluffy and cooked all the way thru and the lunchmeat should be a little crunchy around the edges. It's a pretty good little breakfast to throw in the microwave in the mornings.

Hope this helps! :)

this is so clever. always wondered how to eat eggs and bacon at work..!
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I buy La tortilla factory brand low carb wraps (there are a variety of low carb wraps out there this one is just my favy) and I smear on some nut butter and some berries and away I go in the morning. If you're accustomed to doing a porridge in the morning you can make a rough porridge out of flax meal. Try pouring 1/2 cup boiling water over 1/4 cup flax meal and stir it around til it gets to porridge consistency. This is just a base you can mix in sweetener, sugar free cocoa, pumpkin puree and spices, berries, nut butter, nuts, you get the drift. You can also use flax meal to make the famous Muffin in a Minute. http://www.food.com/recipe/one-minute-flax-muffin-low-carb-295649 this is a link to a basic one but there are a ton of variations. Hope that helped :)
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The other day I woke up and nothing breakfasty sounded good to me. So I fixed myself a large salad with grilled chicken!!! Eat whatever feels right for you at the time.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Someone suggested celery with nut butter. You can also stuff the celery with hummus, tuna salad or low fat soft cheese and get something that is fairly bland (If you use plain hummus or a mild cheese) and low carb, high protein. Depending on the filling, it will be high, medium or low calorie.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Pick up a copy of the South Beach Diet cookbook. Plenty of great recipes. We used to make the "breakfast muffins" or fritatas that you could make with just egg whites if you don't want the yolks.