When you just *gotta* have chocolate...

Options
1235»

Replies

• boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You are clearly not alone! My favourite is a dark chocolate coated Brazil nut - about 60 cals each.

They give you the essential chocolate hit with the added benefit of the vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants in Brazil nuts. Selenium is the most valuable trace element in them and can help prevent coronary artery disease, liver cirrhosis, and cancers. 1-2 nuts a day gives you enough so your little chocolate treat doubles as healthy nutritional boost. What more could you want? :wink:
  • ginijor
    ginijor Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try the 3-2-1- Cake. 1 box Angel food cake and 1 box of chocolate cake. Mix both together in a ziploc bag or sealable bowl. 3 tablespoons cake mix, 2 tablespoons water, 1 minute in the microwave. Instant chocolate cake and only around 100-110 calories. Whenever I get the craving for chocolate this is what I eat. Good luck!
  • hjpate
    hjpate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Many people (especially women) crave chocolate because they are deficient in B vitamins. I take a B compound vitamin 100 twice a day on a regular basis and that greatly reduces the craving. And because I LOVE chocolate, and the craving is beaten into near submission by the B vitamins, I can control how much chocolate I actually eat.

The other trick is to find ways to add cocoa to foods. Cocoa is high in B compound vitamins and has almost no calories. It's inedible by itself as it is bitter. You can add it to your vanilla yogurt, zing some into peanut butter or add it to a protein/meal replacement shake and yum. Actually YUM! For individual portions, I use a hand held mixer (looks like stick with a blade attachment at the bottom or if it's a liquid, I can use the whisk attachment). The cocoa is added to foods I have already planned to eat so it's not substantially changing the macros for that food.

Chocolate has sugar and fat to make it tastier but there are ways to avoid the sugar and fat ad get the good stuff from the cocoa.
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day, as long as it fits into my calorie & macro goals.
    I don't discriminate between dark or milk. Today, my chocolate came in the form of Whoppers and dark chocolate peanut butter.
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the minis. I don't deprive myself....I've learned when I do deprive, I go crazy when allow myself to indulge.

So mini candies are my thing....yesterday after a hard workout, I was craving peppermint patties...thank heavens our Lead Secretary had mini patties.....got my craving fix and no denial.

SO devine... :glasses:
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day, as long as it fits into my calorie & macro goals.
    I don't discriminate between dark or milk. Today, my chocolate came in the form of Whoppers and dark chocolate peanut butter.

Yum...minus the peanut butter.
  • cjrinaldi
    cjrinaldi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a few semi sweet Chocolate Chips, and I mean a few. It usually helps.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I LOVE Fiber One 90 calorie Brownies. Also, the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, but they're a little drier than the brownies. Sugar free Jello Puddings are about 60 calories apiece and they're just as yummy as the regular kind. Also try sugar free chocolates, just compare the caloric difference between those and the full-sugar versions and make some informed decisions. There are always ways to cut corners (and calories) and still get your daily "chocolate fix" :)

Ah I forgot about the fibre one brownies! I love the chocolate peanut butter ones. I was totally craving something chewy and chocolatey today so this just reminded me to go down and get one!

One thing that also works if the craving isn't too strong is a chocolate flavoured tea. I'm drinking chocolate orange from David's Tea right now - YUM!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I keep nice dark chocolate bars in the house, anywhere from 85 to 99%, and find that just one square will often be enough to cover the craving. Sometimes I make a smoothie with milk, cocoa powder, stevia, and some frozen cherries. It's like a chocolate covered cherry milk shake. Or a chocolate cherry kashi bar if I want something more like candy.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Maltesers.
    1 malteser=11 calories. I treat myself to some if I have cals left at the end of the day and I feel like a choc treat.
  • rcaruthie
    rcaruthie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of dark chocolate kisses in my drawer and a bag of york peppermint pieces. I also love the Herschey drops.

I count them out and never eat a full serving at once - have one in my office drawer and in my nightstand so when I am craving chocolate I have good choices. I always track it and sometimes... just KNOWING I have it close and could have if I wanted to - but just dont want it. :)
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat a Hershey's kiss or two. Other times I eat a TCBY fudge bar. The fudge bars taste really good and are only 80 calories each.