Who is your biggest supporter? Who encourages you?

Options

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I probably don't have any IRL...my FL helps a bunch!

**not being a downer, just doing it for myself.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    OP, your story is beautiful. It sounds like you've got a real winner by your side!:flowerforyou:

I'd have to say my hubby is my biggest supporter right now. He tells me I'm beautiful and I'm making such progress when I feel like I'm failing. He lovingly but firmly persuades me to get out of bed at 5 AM to work out even when I want to sleep in. If he wants to make a special treat for us, he'll check with me first to make sure it'll fit in my calories for the day. He put up a little bit of a fuss when I changed our meals to be healthier, but I think we've arrived at a good compromise in that department.

He's away for a few weeks, and I've been struggling since he's been gone. When I told him that I haven't been eating that great and have gained a little, he scolded me a little (but nicely!) and then encouraged me to stick with it, don't worry about the gain, and get back on track.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I probably don't have any IRL...my FL helps a bunch!

**not being a downer, just doing it for myself.

I am not too knowledgeable of the online abbreviations. What is an IRL? Does FL mean father-in-law?

No matter. I don't think that you are a downer. I think that you might be a bit of a loner...or at least, feel that way.

I am glad that you are part of MFP. (See, I do know that abbreviation.) :wink:

The fact that you responded to this post says that you are a part of the MFP family. I think that you must get some encouragement here, Cliff.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My husband, who puts up with the food changes I've made, deals with my changed schedule so I can work in my exercise, he is probably my best supporter. I started running, so he started running. He's much healthier than I in the first place, and like you, my goal is to be lighter than my hubby. He's not making it easy for me!
    Another supporter is my Dad. His father passed away from weight related health issues when I was really young, so he has always taken good care of himself, and he wants that for me too.
    My younger sister is always checking in on my progress. She is on the journey too.
    My best friend who sadly lives 2 hours away from me now, she's a great support as well.

And I can't forgot the great people here on MFP. I've got some great pals on here who are constantly encouraging me. Also on Facebook, I post progress reports there and all my friends are very encouraging.

Motivation, is my two boys. I want to be there for them for a long time. My grandmother had several heart attacks in her late 50s, early 60s, and then passed away from brain cancer 4 years ago. That history alone has helped me realize that I need to take MUCH better care of myself.
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    OP, your story is beautiful. It sounds like you've got a real winner by your side!:flowerforyou:

I'd have to say my hubby is my biggest supporter right now. He tells me I'm beautiful and I'm making such progress when I feel like I'm failing. He lovingly but firmly persuades me to get out of bed at 5 AM to work out even when I want to sleep in. If he wants to make a special treat for us, he'll check with me first to make sure it'll fit in my calories for the day. He put up a little bit of a fuss when I changed our meals to be healthier, but I think we've arrived at a good compromise in that department.

He's away for a few weeks, and I've been struggling since he's been gone. When I told him that I haven't been eating that great and have gained a little, he scolded me a little (but nicely!) and then encouraged me to stick with it, don't worry about the gain, and get back on track.

Your hubbie sounds a lot like mine. I can't even imagine my life without him. When he is gone for a day or two, things just don't feel right.

Don't let it get to you. Stay strong and on track, Sis. Make him proud of 'his girl back home'. :smile:
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    I thought that some of you might like to see my top weight photos (280+ pounds in November 2011), compared to my photos (taken yesterday by Ed).

SideBySide2011to04-1301_zpscc127f9e.jpg

SideBySide2011to04-1302_zps9d8abf77.jpg

My ticker only show the 39 pounds lost, since I started my food plan in December 2012. If I had listed 280 pounds as my starting point, my ticker would be closer to 50 pounds lost. That ticker cannot show how much pain and self doubt have been lost in the past 4 months. It only shows numbers, but my photo show the real joy that comes with those lost pounds.

Ed deserves a lot of the credit for that. :heart:
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Me, Myself, and I.
    Same. No one looks out for me like I do.
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    Me, Myself, and I.

Ohhh, sweet, little sisters. You are so beautiful, and you have a lifetime ahead of you. I know that someone special is waiting in your future. The me, myself and I days will one day be replaced by the days of love and the 'right someone for you'.

I will pray that God sends both of you the perfect person to fill your life with loving companionship. :heart: :smile: :heart:
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Looking good Hanfordrose!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Just for the record....not everyone needs to have "the right someone". Some do....some don't.

Peace.:smile:
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    Just for the record....not everyone needs to have "the right someone". Some do....some don't.

Peace.:smile:

You're right, Dave. I am just a bit spoiled. I like having someone in my life who loves me and says so every day. :smile:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Me, Myself, and I.

Ohhh, sweet, little sisters. You are so beautiful, and you have a lifetime ahead of you. I know that someone special is waiting in your future. The me, myself and I days will one day be replaced by the days of love and the 'right someone for you'.

I will pray that God sends both of you the perfect person to fill your life with loving companionship. :heart: :smile: :heart:

I am married, and he loves me, but we are different people and have very different interests.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    My husband hasn't been my best and/or most vocal cheerleader (that's what you guys are for), but I know for a fact that he brags about my weight loss and my efforts at the gym to anyone who will listen.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    LOL@supporters.

I let my haters be my motivators:)

Pretty much this. But I have found some great support here at MFP.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Mostly it is me. I don't share a whole lot with family members or friends just because it's boring... that doesn't mean it doesn't come up. Still it would probably be my little sister. She knows I am trying to be more active, eat better and lose weight. She is the person who says "yes" the most when I ask her if she wants to go for a walk or go swimming or try something new. Everyone else just tends to get too busy or our schedules just don't work well or they just aren't interested.

I picked the higher tier membership at my gym because it comes with a "bring a friend" option but I haven't been able to convince anyone to go with me yet... :/

Oh and people here... :)
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    My fiance!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me and my new friends on here. Everyone else seems to be just looking at me from a distance, wondering what is going on with me.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful man you have there, Rose. Truly a wonderful soul.

My biggest supporter is definitely my soon to be husband (getting married in a month). He had a few moments of frustration with me early on, because I was barcode scanning everything into MFP and I would get annoyed at him throwing out packaging before I could scan it and calculate it ... a little adjustment period was all, really, but he's been encouraging and supportive of everything. He tries to help, but he's not a label reader and sometimes tries to give me things I don't want to include right now. He always tells me how well I'm doing and how happy it makes him to see me happy (like when I have moments of progress for example).

My other kudos go to my boss at work... he asks how its going and tells me how great I'm doing (he sees what I eat all day long since I rarely if ever go out for lunch anymore) and we trade ideas for foods sometimes (he and his wife are healthy eaters and he tries to keep fit and has done P90X and stuff liek that so he "gets it". A few other people around work are kind of jerky about some things, like making comments or complaining that they didn't like the smell of something I'm eating (seriously, it was just eggs - GET OVER IT). One day they had pizza ordered in for everyone and he told me "Don't eat that crap, you're doing so great without all that junk." (It looked and smelled terrible or I might have been tempted, LOL)

Support it important and it definitely offsets all the unnecessary comments from other people... you know... "Is that all you're going to eat?" "Aren't you, like, starving?" Don't you ever eat?"

:noway:
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    aww so sweet sounds like you have a good man by your side : )
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    IRL = In real life
    FL = Friend List