Who is your biggest supporter? Who encourages you?

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Three. Me, myself, and I.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    MFP friends. Sad that I am being pulled from it... In life there is only 3; me, myself, and I
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Handfordrose, your post and you are both adorable. xo

My biggest supporters are my MFP pals. Without them, I don't think I would be doing so well. My hubby supports me with compliments, but he's not interested in doing this with me.
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Simply put my fiancee. He has been through everything with me. Medifast, counting calories, all whole foods, and everything else I have tried. Never complained and just said he would do whatever I was and has pushed me to do my workouts and to make sure I don't eat much junk food. He is my rock and without him I wouldn't be where I am today. Now I'm in a sappy mood. :)
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Me, Myself, and I.
    Same. No one looks out for me like I do.

Ohhh, sweet, little sisters. You are so beautiful, and you have a lifetime ahead of you. I know that someone special is waiting in your future. The me, myself and I days will one day be replaced by the days of love and the 'right someone for you'.

I will pray that God sends both of you the perfect person to fill your life with loving companionship. :heart: :smile: :heart:

Thank you very much! You are so blessed to have someone like your husband. I hope for something similar in my future!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The man in my avatar is the only person IRL who knows how hard I am working.

He is a wonderful man, as long as I have aback up plan for when he forgets that he is supposed to make dinner on Wednesday nights.

He makes me salads almost every morning, he is active with me on the weekends, I even caught him telling his mother how hard I have been working at the exercise part. I am pretty sure that when I hit a plateau, he did some of his own research to understand what I was going through.

And he has promised to take an acroyoga class with me when I weigh the same as him.
  • randoswife
    randoswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My husband!

He has always told me that he thinks I'm gorgeous, even when I don't feel that way. He also tells me that he's proud of me all the time. I feel blessed!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I thought that some of you might like to see my top weight photos (280+ pounds in November 2011), compared to my photos (taken yesterday by Ed).

SideBySide2011to04-1301_zpscc127f9e.jpg

SideBySide2011to04-1302_zps9d8abf77.jpg

My ticker only show the 39 pounds lost, since I started my food plan in December 2012. If I had listed 280 pounds as my starting point, my ticker would be closer to 50 pounds lost. That ticker cannot show how much pain and self doubt have been lost in the past 4 months. It only shows numbers, but my photo show the real joy that comes with those lost pounds.

Ed deserves a lot of the credit for that. :heart:

Good work, both of you!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My MFP Pals! Especially, my girl SVGARCIA :flowerforyou: is my supporter, seriously because my Hubby is full of negativity. Days he will support me and supports me in other ways by sometimes he brings me down with megative comments. :noway:

My motivators are my kids: I want to be there for them, and knowing we have a family history of health conditions well it make me want to LIVE HEALTHY for my kiddos.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oh Rosie!!! I was going to answer earlier (wanted to be the first one) but work got in the way! Like you I too have an "Ed"...but mine is a Jim! Or should I say gem! He is my greatest source of inspiration. When I started my journey 2 1/2 years ago he told me whatever I did he would do...and he did. He has lost about 35 pounds (all he needed to) and continues to be my cheerleader! He never tempts me with sweets or goodies which I am ever so grateful for. I guess my other inspiration would be my kids, especially my youngest son. He, like is dad, constantly tells me how proud he is of me and is glad I am getting healthier so I'll be around forever (now if he would take his own advice). And last but not least my MFP friends! They are a HUGE support to me and listen to me rant every now and then.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My mfp friends are my supporters. My kids occasionally mention how well they think I'm doing. No significant other here at all.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My husband!!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Myself , he never let's me down and always believe in me.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Myself , he never let's me down and always believe in me.
    ^This guy right here.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I think this is a beautiful story.

Thank you for sharing.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    Options
    I also have a wonderful husband who doesn't get bored when I drone on about my plateau etc, or how fantastic it is that I have lost a whole half inch off my hips! He is super skinny and very fit for 67 (I am 63) and finds it difficult to keep his weight up with all our healthy eating. He was getting too thin, but now I make sure he has some high calorie foods every day.
    I have lost 40 lbs and feel fantastic, but it really helps to have someone I can share that excitement with. Otherwise my grown up children are happy for me and my husband's sister says I am an inspiration to her. Others in my family obviously find it hard to lose weight themselves so I have to be careful not to crow around them.
    My husband loved me when I lost all my hair through chemo and when I put on weight during and after and then more and then more. I know he found it difficult and frustrating when my mobility got really bad. He never said anything though. Now I am getting healthy he is relieved and pleased I know. Every morning we do an hour's cardio on machines together. I could never have done it without him.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I initially started this weight Ioss on the strong advice of my internist Dr Cynthia Paige, who is one of those rare breed of physicians who actually take the time to talk to her patients where it becomes a partnership in mapping out your overall goals for optimum health. We spoke about diet & exercising. She is very encouraging. Her practice is holistic.

My pals on MFP have been so instrumental because we get each others' struggles.

My husband & daughter came on board much later because I did not advertise my lifestyle change since I am Mom in Chief, I implemented changed in the foods I cooked & served. I encouraged more activities like family walks. Everybody is on board with the changes.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING! It's wonderful that you are doing well & have your husband.

My biggest support other than all my amazing MFP friends is my husband & kids! My hubby too will brag to anyone how well I'm doing. My kids, especially my teen daughter tells me positive things all the time. She talks about how we'll be able to share clothes soon LOL
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    that is such an amazing story!!! thank you for sharing!!!

even though it is long distance, my boyfriend is my biggest supporter and encourages me non-stop!
  • lynn413
    lynn413 Posts: 40
    Options
    I have to say that my husband is my biggest supporter. We have been together for 26 years and when I met him I weighed 135. Even when I reached my heaviest of 235 he still loved me.
    He started exercising 1 1/2 years ago and had tried to get me involved but I wasn't interested. All I did was the walking but only for up to 40 minutes at about 2.5 - 3 mph. By December 2012 he had lost 37 lbs and I was up to 234. On January 3, 2013 I decided enough was enough. Instead of feeling depressed at how much I weigh and how good my husband looks it was time to do something. I purged all garbage foods and brought in healthy foods with lots of fruits and veggies. Bought a 2nd hand treadmill and started using it. On nice days I do outdoor walking and on bad weather days I do the treadmill.
    I am proud to say that my husband to date has lost 47 lbs and I have lost 31.3 lbs.
    I have only recently started keeping track of my treadmill walking but so far in total for outdoor walking I have walked 282 miles!!!

My MFP friends are a close second though and I am grateful for their encouragement and support. :-)