Tea addicts unite

Options
EHisCDN
EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
Any fellow tea addicts out there? I've always loved tea but since starting my weight lose journey I've switched more towards green and herbal teas. I also don't drink teas with caffeine after 6pm which has helped with my sleep.

What are your favourite teas? Any teas to recommend? I'm always looking for some good ones. I've recently discovered Japanese sencha (I got mine from David's Tea) and I just love it. Great for re-steeping.

What's your pick me up tea?
Bedtime tea?
Favourite type of tea?
Loose leaf?

Replies

• Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I buy a loose leaf local version of the zen tazo tea from starbucks... it's a lemongrass lime green tea... it just makes me happy and its lively.
    I generally stick to chamomile at night... warm things always make me feel full
    I like dandelion tea for detoxing, but it's not a lovely taste
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I don't buy it from starbucks, the tea is like the starbucks tea
    I make it in my French press because I don't have a tea ball, or a straining pot, makes sense to me anyways
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Me! Me!

I keep it simple. I love either a bag of Bigelow Constant Comment or Twining's Blackcurrant Breeze. A nice Earl Grey Green is lovely also.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I buy a loose leaf local version of the zen tazo tea from starbucks... it's a lemongrass lime green tea... it just makes me happy and its lively.
    I generally stick to chamomile at night... warm things always make me feel full
    I like dandelion tea for detoxing, but it's not a lovely taste

That local loose leaf sounds good (do you ice it? Sounds like it would be good iced).
    Not a fan of dandelion! I left it in my mug for a couple days once and it went moldy!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I like Get Some Zzzzs from The Republic of Tea. It is Rooibos tea with a little bit of stevia already in it.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    tazo and teavana teas are the BEST!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Tea and a little skimmed milk.
    Breakfast (2), Mid morning (1), lunch time (2), after school (1), when I get home (1), with my meal (1), before bed (1).
    That's 9!! Wow, I've never counted before!
    I admit it, I'm an addict.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love tea - chai, earl grey, and green tea.

Herbal teas are awesome. I love making unsweetened iced tea.

I recently discovered Davids tea. Some of the teas you really have to check the ingredients, but it's pretty delicious.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love Teavana tea. Soooooo good. Every day!
  • JaziH
    JaziH Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love green, chamomile, jasmine with pear, and peppermint teas. My morning hasn't started off right until I have my 4 cups of green tea with lemon !
  • Jaylello
    Jaylello Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Barrys tea for the win
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    OOOO...I love tea! And tea from Teavana is heavenly. But...my current favorite is Bigelow's Pomegranate Black Tea. I drink green tea for most of the day (with plain or flavored water mixed in too), but in the afternoon I have a cup of pom tea..yummmm
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Any fellow tea addicts out there? I've always loved tea but since starting my weight lose journey I've switched more towards green and herbal teas. I also don't drink teas with caffeine after 6pm which has helped with my sleep.

What are your favourite teas? Any teas to recommend? I'm always looking for some good ones. I've recently discovered Japanese sencha (I got mine from David's Tea) and I just love it. Great for re-steeping.

What's your pick me up tea?
    Bedtime tea?
    Favourite type of tea?
    Loose leaf?

Used to drink English Breakfast a lot but have picked up green for it's health benefits.
  • NoisyVision
    NoisyVision Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I made some iced peppermint tea. I can't get enough.It's hot out and the tea is cool and refreshing
  • Nonnyette
    Nonnyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I heart tea. Of all kinds. Any time.

What I drink really depends on my mood. I tend towards English Breakfast with a bit of milk while at work, but drink Lapsang Souchong, Chinese white tea, yerba mate or jasmine tea at home. Sometimes I make real Indian chai with milk, boiled on the stove.

The only tea that I really don't like is obnoxiously fruity tea.
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PG Tips with a nice chocolate digestive! oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh that's livin!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I"m a huge fan of Davids Tea!! My go to tea is a blend of yerba mate & guyusa that I mix myself. Its the perfect pick me upper.

For flavored tea I love Santas Secret (seasonal of course), tastes like a york pepperment patty and Cookie dough, a white tea that takes & smells divine! Both from Davids
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    PG Tips without a doubt, strong with a dash of milk and sweetener to taste
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    MMMMM tea in all forms. Except for Earl Grey thats an evil concoction.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey. Occasionally with lemon, usually with milk. It has to be loose tea, made in a pot and left for 5 minutes. The best Earl Grey I ever found was in Aunt Betties Tea Rooms in Harrogate.

Otherwise, it's Darjeeling, Ceylon or Lapsang Souchong.