what do guys really think?

Options
this is a question for the guys. when you see women working out at the gym obviously you're sitting there checking out the hot girls who are there but what do you think of the bigger girls there? Do you ever think oh good for her she's working out? or are you like .. get out you're a waste of space? i'd like to know

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    unless she's naked I dont think they even notice frumpy mcfumpants wallflower. I am an invisible speck on the wall, but this speck watches and plots. Mwhahahahahaha!
  • RxVirus
    RxVirus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but whoever makes fun of a fat person for trying to loose weight is a jerk!
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    In case you haven't heard, "guys" don't share a group brain or consciousness. Some people who are male are jerks and some are nice and some are gay and most of these magical "guys" could care less what you are doing.

Just a thought.
  • bostongrl13
    bostongrl13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Here's a better question: What do YOU think of yourself when you're in the gym? When you see yourself in the mirror do you think "Damn she's hot, good for her!" or "You shouldn't be here, you're a waste of space?"

Not trying to be snarky...it's a legit question.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I that guy at the gym who doesn't even know you exist unless your using something I want and to be honest I probably wouldn't notice or care if everyone just randomly got naked.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think that it's good that those bigger girls are in there! And hoping that one day with enough dedication and consistency that they too can be that hot girl I'm checking out.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    In case you haven't heard, "guys" don't share a group brain or consciousness. Some people who are male are jerks and some are nice and some are gay and most of these magical "guys" could care less what you are doing.

Just a thought.

Almost like people!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Really.....? I thought 'Well, they are brave coming to a place like this. Good luck to them - I hope they succeed'. Getting passed peoples percieved prejudices can be so hard so I always admire someone who has the determination to put themselves in such an alien environment
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    As I loaded the bar a guy walked by and said... "Nice rack".
  • Green_Ash
    Green_Ash Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've actually gotten help and advice from the guys in the gym since I'm over in the free weights a lot. At first I was really shy, but I noticed I wasn't getting looked at funny or treated differently. The worst time I've ever had was when two girls walked by and laughed/pointed while i was doing rack pulls...but that's only happened once, it's not a norm.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I notice women at the gym pretty much the same way I do everywhere else. If I thinks she's cute I notice. If I don't I probably just don't notice her at all. If she's dressed like a prostitute I stare. As for someone's fitness level, male or female, I could care less I never judge one way or another honestly unless it's a guy lifting like the hulk. Then I just wonder how long it will take me to get there.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I that guy at the gym who doesn't even know you exist unless your using something I want and to be honest I probably wouldn't notice or care if everyone just randomly got naked.

*gets membership at his gym for 'scientific purposes'*
    *gets naked to see if he notices*
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I usually add a sarcastic twist on everything i post on this site but:

I would never ever ever ever say that someone is a waste of space, so rephrase your question and you might get better responses.
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This post reminds me of Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother. "Investing" or paying attention to the less than fit girls so that when they are fit, they think the guy has a heart of gold. Then it. is. on!

But as for me, the only girl I really pay much attention to at the gym is my wife.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    this is a question for the guys. when you see women working out at the gym obviously you're sitting there checking out the hot girls who are there but what do you think of the bigger girls there? Do you ever think oh good for her she's working out? or are you like .. get out you're a waste of space? i'd like to know

as for the OP...

men and women alike, I am proud for every person that is there and getting their sweat on.

I had my pride handed to me on a plate when I strolled into boxing thinking I was in "great shape" and a woman with 80 pounds to lose could out squat me, out pushup me, and out plank me. Me with my abs and *kitten* and legs - meant nothing to this woman, she was stronger than I may ever be.

All I do is see people pushing themselves to be better, and that works well for me.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    QFT
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think "good for them".
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Do you ever think oh good for her she's working out? or are you like .. get out you're a waste of space?

tumblr_m8l60jLcij1ra5p9wo1_500.gif
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You said you'd let ME take care of that rack!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

nice squat! :wink: