Women - favorite fitness clothing?

Options

Replies

• AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this topic. I was going to spend a crazy amount of money on Victorias Secret workout gear, but why? It's workout gear. I'll head to Wal-Mart instead.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ok. for capri length yoga pants, nobody can beat Victoria's Secret. They're expensive, but incredibly cute and last. i'm also very fond of the solid black Champions at Target. Also their running shorts with the built in panties. They're usually around $20 and come in cute colors.

One thing you didn't mention is sport bras. for running, again, i like the ones from Victoria's Secret. I'm a 34C (down from a 34D) and when i run, nothing moves. Again, expensive--i catch them on sale-- but worth it. Start with 1, see how you feel. Hope this helps.

Enjoy:smile:
  • mommy2aron
    mommy2aron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lululemon is the best!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I have got a lot of mine at TJmaxx I need some more.. maybe I will save some soon and get 2 more outfits, I feel like I wear the SAME thing all the time. I found these Avia?? brand tanks at TJmaxx and they rock my fitness world. They hold my boobage in and have a slot for my phone/headphones and it wont fall out. I love it! (its the tank in my pic) I like shopping for workout clothes now that I can wear a medium in the pants. :wink:

Also, I have bought things from Walmart but I find they don't hold up very well to washings and quickly get loose and wore out.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Cheap $3-5 cotton tank tops from wherever (Target, Cotton On, etc.), and running shorts from Adidas or Nike, and knee-length Skins under the shorts.

I go through running tops pretty quickly. Given that I'm a runner, I sweat so much that there comes a point that no matter how many times I soak or wash them that they still smell. Usually after about 3 months. So I don't bother spending much money on them.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I like GapFit gFast compression capris and compression leggings.

If you have a Gap Factory store near you, then you could most likely find them for about $20 with a good sale, $30-$35 otherwise. This is much less than the Gap.com price ($50-55). :)
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My favorite fitted capris are by Avia. I cannot remember where I bought them and I can't find them online ugh!!! And I so love my sports bra but I ripped out the darn tag and don't know who it is by.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    For pants I only wear lululemon because they fit me better than anything else and last well, sports bras are mizuno, tops... absolutely anything goes but I do like Lorna Jayne and Russell Athletic. Have some 2XU running pants too but my Lulu ones still outperform them.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm on the hunt for slightly loose, tapered leg (elasticized @ ankle), cotton drawstring sweat pants, with one tiny zip pocket, that do not cost $150.00. They're easy enough to find in rayon/modal/crap blends, but I want COTTON. (Tips appreciated)

My preference is for bottoms on the loose side, cause leggings/yoga pants mean I spend too much (any) time thinking about punching gross starey guys in the face. Not that I'm all that, the demographic at my gym is just especially obnoxious at certain times.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I really love danskin. I have a pair of capri's and a pair of pants by them that I wear regularly. They are extremely comfortable and hold up pretty well. The two pairs I have are about 3 years old. I bought a pair of workout pants in August from Gordmans (don't know the brand of pants), but they already fell apart and they were more expensive than my Danskin's. :sad:
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I dont really spend a lot of money on workout clothes, especially since I am trying to lose weight and dont plan to be wearing them for very long. Once I get to goal, I will get better stuff but I actually really like the danskin stuff from walmart. They ahve fitted capris in a few different materials, i like all of those. Also, tanks etc are all pretty comfy, I havent had any shrinking of stretching out issues since I started wearing them. I cant spend $50+ on running capris, so $11 is just right for me :)

Yep. The Danskin brand is actually super comfy. All of my workout pants and shorts are this brand. I usually run in Danskin pants, and use the shorts for lifting weights or yoga. For a shirt, I usually wear some type of tank top. I have a favorite one (not sure what brand), but it shows my midriff, so that one I only wear when I workout in my house. Don't nobody need to see that :tongue:
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Also, I have bought things from Walmart but I find they don't hold up very well to washings and quickly get loose and wore out.

Really? That's no good. Almost all of my workout stuff has come from Walmart and I never had this problem. Some of the pants I've had for a couple of years.
  • lutemperini
    lutemperini Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lululemon
    Running Bare
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I came here for Yoga pant pictures and am thoroughly disappointed... :sad: :wink: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    When I started c25k, I was doing it in cotton workout capris from Target. Which my fat thighs shredded in about 2-3 months. When I started training for the half, I decided to splurge on an expensive pair of workout pants. Figured those had to last longer. Bought a pair of Brooks running capris. Those lasted even LESS time than the Target ones. So my friend suggested Old Navy ones. I've been wearing them for months and no signs of them wearing out. And they're only $22. Win.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nike's compression capris. They look so good, wash well, have been lasting excellently, and most importantly are comfortable and stay put!

What I would suggest NOT getting if you have a mummy tummy is the Old Navy tight capris. Mine are the right size, look great when I first put them on . . . but unless I'm just doing straight-line activities like elliptical or treadmill, they slowly wander south. . . determined to stay below my belly area :frown:. Zumba is spent hiking them up every two minutes. Not fun. Well constructed, though, so if you don't have a bit of belly hang left, go for it! The tops from Old Navy, however are great!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=810761002 Those are the old navy ones I wear and they're pretty high in the waist (several people even mention it in the reviews) so they definitely stay up.
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    Lululemon is the best! Best sports bra you can get. A few items from there I have had for 6+ years. Very good quality and so cute.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance yoga pants the best. (Aneka) They fit really nicely with lots of stretch for working out hard. Their tops are nice too. Also like Prana tops. Love Avani tops but they are hard to find.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Running shorts and a sports bra (see my profile pic), but alas, I only feel comfortable in this when I'm working out at home.