High Calorie Burn Workouts????

Options

Replies

• TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    you burn calories by doing work. want to burn more per time? Then you hzve to work harder. Want to keep the intensity constant??? Then you have to work longer. What you're doing is relatively unimportant to this. jogging, running, walking, treadmill, eliptical, xxxxxxx class session, spinning, whatever flavor of the month that everyone else suggests, etc. Doesn't matter, the principal remains the same. There is no such thing as a magical exercise technique that puts calorie burn into overdrive. Want results? Workout harder every time.

Pretty much this. Work out harder or longer, or both. That's how you burn more calories.

This. See http://www.livestrong.com/article/398529-what-is-the-most-calorie-burning-exercise/
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i burn at least 1000 a day.
    BUY KANGOOJUMPS!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Zumba!! An hour of moderate Zumba burns 600 calories. try Zumba Wii 2 if you don't have a class near you - its excellent
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    running.
  • floydypants
    floydypants Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Carry a heavy rucksack while you walk, and go up some hills!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I like the elliptical myself. I could only do five minutes when I started, and can now go for half an hour. It burns a lot more calories than the treadmill for the same amount of time on a machine.

^^ This ^^ I have found, based on my HRM readings, that I get a bigger burn from this than from my stationary bike, so this is what I do on my cardio days.

On non-cardio days I lift weights. Apparently this strategy is working, because I'm losing. :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd I suggest Zumba. It's a great calorie burner and it's a workout that pretty much anyone can do. It's as intense as you make it. But most of all it is really, really, FUN. I've been doing different types of workouts for more than 30 years and for me, nothing beats Zumba for fun. The fact that it's a good workout is a nice plus.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I find varying my intensity is great for a higher calorie burn in less time. When I use my treadmill I walk, than job, than walk than jog. I can get a decent 500 calorie burn in within about 45 minutes.

Spinning is great for a workout. Running is great, or jogging. If I work hard enough on my elliptical it can be a great workout. When I walk outside or jog outside I make sure I go on a route that has some hills and different terrain which increases the calorie burn.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the elliptical. Where I work out they have some ellipticals that you can change the incline on, and by doing intervals with the incline and level, I can burn 700 calories in an hour. You can watch tv, listen to music, or read while doing it and it makes it pass without getting boring.
  • benn1964
    benn1964 Posts: 1
    Options
    Zumba!! I have been doing it for 3 months along with walking and calorie counting. I've lost 20 pounds!! Once you learn the moves, it is so much fun and you can burn 500-1000 calories in a session. :smile:
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Every time I go to the gym, I hit up the elliptical! Seriously, 35 minutes on the sucker & I average a good 300+ calories burned! On average, I aim to burn 100 calories every ten minutes & yesterday was a record for me. After 2 months, I got to 380 calories burned in a li'l over 30 minutes :D
  • cherdurk
    cherdurk Posts: 1
    Options
    Great advice #phjorg#...love your logic!:smile:
  • thatgirl1024
    thatgirl1024 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    TurboFire... Amazing Burn--Burns 9Xs more fat
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I always find that the second workout of the day really ups my heart rate. It gets much higher quicker, however that requires that I got my heart rate pretty high, or burned a lot of energy in the first workout.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    TurboFire... Amazing Burn--Burns 9Xs more fat

I do Turbo Fire too and agree that it's a great calorie burner. But I wouldn't really recommend it for someone that has only been walking. Turbo Fire is pretty intense. But definitely something to think about for the future.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Swimming.
    90 laps>1000 cal. About 90 minutes.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    To burn more, increase the length or intensity of your workouts!
    Almost any other activity burns more than walking, per minute. You could start with running maybe?

Also, when you try something out of your comfort zone, it will be tough at first. But that is the only way you can improve your fitness levels! It will get easier as you get used to it! So don't be afraid if things start to get a little strenuous! More intense workouts are supposed to elevate your heart rate levels to burn more!

Other posters have suggested many other awesome workout alternatives, hope you've found one to try out!
    Good luck :)
  • PiecesOfTheHeart
    PiecesOfTheHeart Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Walk or run on a high incline if you use a treadmill.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    you burn calories by doing work. want to burn more per time? Then you hzve to work harder. Want to keep the intensity constant??? Then you have to work longer. What you're doing is relatively unimportant to this. jogging, running, walking, treadmill, eliptical, xxxxxxx class session, spinning, whatever flavor of the month that everyone else suggests, etc. Doesn't matter, the principal remains the same. There is no such thing as a magical exercise technique that puts calorie burn into overdrive. Want results? Workout harder every time.

No you don't! All you have to do is stop exercising, and have fun shaking your booty doing zumba!!! Lolol. True story! 70lb's gone!!! :happy: