10 week challenge

Options
Im starting a 10 week challenge to kick start bikini season so i can be sleek and toned for the beach. If anyone would like to join my on this challenge that would be awesome, everyone needs support at one time or another and especially when you are trying to lose weight. The way it is going to work is that every friday we post measurements and weight or weight that you have lost if you dont want anyone to know your weight ;) So if anyone would like to start this challenge just add me! Im starting today and am going to post everything tmro.

Replies

• amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    I'm up for a challenge! i've slipped up too much recently...and am just starting an exercise regimen to help!
  • mystery_pants
    Options
    I'm up for a challenge!
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. But fortunately for most, I wont be wearing a bikini.
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    10 week challenge
    -every friday give your measurements and how much weight youve lost and how much you have left to lose
    -you can come to me for support if you are having an off day and feel like giving up, or over indulging because you are stressed, everyone needs to vent at sum point about trying to lose weight, its a life long journey
    -you can post how you feel about your habits that you want to change in order to lose weight or tone
    -i can give you workout tips if you would like

I am a fitness trainer and we usually do 10 week challenges to kick start everyone into the summer mood, so instead of dreading the beach they can LOVE it, some have never worn bikinis before and last summer was their first time. Theres no better feeling then the success of being able to wear what you want instead of trying to cover up everything.

Good luck everyone!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a challenge before but this one looks like a good one to join! I'm hoping to hit my first goal of 170 pounds by the 4th of July, which is about 8 weeks away. Hopefully this will help get me there. I need to lose about 1.5 pounds per week to make that goal and I think I can do it.

I've been on this healthier kick since President's Day Weekend in February, and so far I'm down 16 pounds (with a weeklong cruise in the middle). I use my Wii EA Sports Active to work out 4 days a week and I go to the office gym and use the elliptical 2 days a week. Encouragement when doing all this really helps :)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge... I will have to start weighing in on Friday mornings now instead of Sundays... but I am willing to do it. Thanks for offering to do this!!

Make it a great day folks!
  • Fit2live11
    Fit2live11 Posts: 15
    Options
    Count me in
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I really need some more motivation to get these last 10 pounds off! I will not be able to wear a bikini, but just to look nice in a bathing suit would be welcome! (2 kids and 2 c-sections has left my tummy with a flap that will never go away)

Are we starting Friday?
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I really need some more motivation to get these last 10 pounds off! I will not be able to wear a bikini, but just to look nice in a bathing suit would be welcome! (2 kids and 2 c-sections has left my tummy with a flap that will never go away)

Are we starting Friday?

I have the same flap from my two c-sections; albeit a little more tolerable since Ab ripper X but a far cry from what I would like to see...
  • katapple
    Options

Are we starting Friday?

I have the same flap from my two c-sections; albeit a little more tolerable since Ab ripper X but a far cry from what I would like to see...

It doesn't help that I was 'obese' when I got pregnant with my first, now the more weight I lose, the more it looks like pizza dough. I am planning on getting a tummy tuck next year after I've been at my goal weight for a while...but I just don't see it shrinking back to what it once was when I was 18 ;)
  • Hazeyblue
    Hazeyblue Posts: 22
    Options
    Count me in guys. Im starting today too.
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    The sooner everyone starts the better, just a reminder that the weigh ins are every Friday! I hope everyone has awesome first week results, once you can get the first week in and start the habits that are required to be healthier and lose weight its easy to get back into that life style. I know ive slipped up and jumped on the scale after i lost a bunch of weight and i seen that i gained 10 pounds and i was like thats ok i can lose that in no time, then i gained 10 more pounds and thats when i decided to take action again. I hope everyone the best for the challenge, try not to slip up cuz when you do it sucks i kno from experience. I went from 200lbs after i had my daughter, to 125lbs, then ive been fighting the battle to stay between 125-130. And now i am in the 140s, ouch, its good that no one can tell tho and im hopeing that its mostly muscle because i do strength training.
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Count me in I need a new challenge. I've got about 10lbs left to go but i need some major toning to feel comfortable in a bikini
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Im in. But starting a little late. Better late than never, right?
  • debbiednkeller
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge.........i always love a good challenge!!!! Thanks for starting this challenge LovesFitness!!! It is good to know you have experience in fitness!!!! I will definitely call on you when I'm in a slump!!!!!
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. Current weight:142lbs..
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I kicked my workouts up a notch for this challenge today. I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred today for the first time and it's totally what I need. My leg muscles are decent but my abs and arms are really lacking and I could use some more cardio endurance. This workout definitely forces me to focus on all that in 22 minutes. I had to modify a few of the moves (I can't do bicycle crunches without putting my legs down after each one) but hopefully after 2 or 3 weeks I'll be mastering those and moving up to Level 2! I have 8 weeks to reach my goal, this is a great way to get there :)
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    I am SO in!!! :happy:
    I started eating healthy and working out again this past Monday; Friday would be a great day to check in.

I'm so excited; let's do this!!! :drinker:
  • nikolettasinko
    Options
    I'm totally in!
    Starting weight: 01/10 156lb
    04/28/10 148lb
    i will weight Friday for current
    goal weight: 07/30/10 135lb
  • katapple
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers!

Trayn ~ I love the Shred! In fact, I'm a huge fan of all Jillian's workouts! Need to start incorporating more of her stuff in for toning

Got a run in today, 2.15, was hoping for 4 or 5, but I cannot stand the dreadmill! So I did .5 on the elliptical and 2.6 on the bike..took about 38 minutes, burned 500 cals with warm-up and cool down. Going to do CrossFit tonight, and eating is going great so far. Looking forward to our first weigh-in tomorrow!!

I'm also going to start training for a half marathon, yikes! I'm going to go for an 8 mile run on Sat and hope to add .5 to my long run each week. Just got a Garmin Forerunner to help, so excited to use it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!