10 week challenge

Options

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if anyone on her can give me some input. I've been stuck at 183 for a week now. All 3 months I've been doing this, I've seen a fairly consistent weight loss of about 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. Now, the scale has barely budged. It dipped from 183.4 to 182.6 yesterday and then went back to 183.4 today. Since I just started the 30 Day Shred, I'm not sure if my body is just adjusting and will start dropping weight again. Also, I have eaten out a few times and haven't drank as much water on the weekends, but I did really well eating out with checking the menu and nutrition ahead of time and ordering food that kept me within my calories for the day. Also, I dropped my calories down to 1200 a day when I had MFP recalculate what my goals should be, and I've been pretty close to getting that number except on days where I burn 600+ calories. I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I suspect I should just wait it out, keep drinking my water, and continue with my working out. Anyone have any advice or suggestions?
  • Loulouslim
    Loulouslim Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi 10 week Challenge gang

I have only just seen this group, so was wondering if I could joing the 9 week challenge gang

Current weight 219lbs

Goal weight 163lb

Wish me luck xxxx
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge too.

STARTING MFP WEIGHT: 195.8

STARTING CHALLENGE WEIGHT: 190.4

GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 170
  • lavieenrose11
    Options
    Can I join in late, too?
    In the last week I haven't lost any weight, but I this would be perfect inspiration, considering in exactly 10 weeks from yesterday I have a 10k race I'd like to be ready for.

My goal for the next 10 weeks here is to lose 20 lb, but I guess I'll be losing 18 lb. while we're doing this.
    my measurements today are: 39" x 33.5" x 43.5"
    I'm 5'10". All the women in my family are thin, and I know I should be too.

Hope to hear from you all Friday!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I just redid my measurements, I do them every month around the 18th. Here is the progress I've made and I'll call this my starting point for measurements for this 10 week challenge.

Waist: 36.5" (down 1")
    Hips: 43" (down 1")
    Thigh: 26" (down 1")
    Calf: 17" (down 0.5")
    Neck: 14.5" (down 0.5")

It's been only 5 or 6 pounds in weight loss, its been harder to get the pounds off with my weight steadily dropping. With doing the 30 Day shred, I"m really making an effort to kick my workouts up a notch so I can get the scale moving downward again like before. I still have at least 30 pounds to go, and that's just to get 150. I'll probably want to lose more past that. One day at a time tho....
  • irockhardkorps
    Options
    I just joined the site and would like to jump into this challenge! I have already lost 56lbs in 2 years. Currently I weigh 212lbs, My meaurements are"

Bust: 40
    Waist:38
    Hips:46

Dress size 18

Goals for 9 weeks: 192lbs and a size 16 comfortable.

I can not lose much after mid July because my wedding dress can not be altered too drastically. It already needs to be taken in!
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm wondering if anyone on her can give me some input. I've been stuck at 183 for a week now. All 3 months I've been doing this, I've seen a fairly consistent weight loss of about 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. Now, the scale has barely budged. It dipped from 183.4 to 182.6 yesterday and then went back to 183.4 today. Since I just started the 30 Day Shred, I'm not sure if my body is just adjusting and will start dropping weight again. Also, I have eaten out a few times and haven't drank as much water on the weekends, but I did really well eating out with checking the menu and nutrition ahead of time and ordering food that kept me within my calories for the day. Also, I dropped my calories down to 1200 a day when I had MFP recalculate what my goals should be, and I've been pretty close to getting that number except on days where I burn 600+ calories. I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I suspect I should just wait it out, keep drinking my water, and continue with my working out. Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Just wanted to encourage you to keep going...your body is probably just adjusting like you said to the increase in exercise. Your muscles are sore most likely and they are sucking up all the water you put in your body. You will notice in the next few days that you will drop some once your body gets used to this extreme exercise. You are doing great and you might have just hit a plateau as well...but keep going because you will notice in a week or two that you will have lost a lot all of a sudden! YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    lovesfitness- is it too late for me to join this challenge? I recently bought 2, not 1, but 2 bikinis!!!!! for me, that is very scary! I still want to lose another 15 pounds but I hate my thighs and my butt! i probably wont be wearing the bikini without shorts on over, but I dont want to. I want to be able to wear it like its meant to be worn. Can you help me!? I have a trainer at the gym but I only get to see him once a month. i'm going 3 times a week. he's got me doing lots of things, but is there something i should be focusing on more than another? help make my butt not so big! please! lol. when i put the bikini bottoms on, my butt is still half way out of the fabric! lol :laugh:
  • Actuality
    Actuality Posts: 33
    Options
    I need a goal date in sight... I am up for this challenge...

So Friday WI ! Whooo hooo....

I needed something to get me motovated!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Just wanted to encourage you to keep going...your body is probably just adjusting like you said to the increase in exercise. Your muscles are sore most likely and they are sucking up all the water you put in your body. You will notice in the next few days that you will drop some once your body gets used to this extreme exercise. You are doing great and you might have just hit a plateau as well...but keep going because you will notice in a week or two that you will have lost a lot all of a sudden! YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Thanks for the encouragement! It's been about a week since I started doing the 30 Day Shred and eating 1200 calories. I think my body is readjusting since the scale has started to move downward again. I was a solid 183 in the beginning of this week, but yesterday I was at 182.4 and today 182.2! I've been focusing on getting more protein and fresh veggies and less processed stuff. And the 30 Day Shred isn't as painful anymore... hehe. Looks like patience and motivation was what I needed :)
  • stephaniemarie8
    Options
    I wanna join!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'd love to join as well, Friday weigh-ins are perfect for me.
    Last week I was 156.8. I would love to be 142 by the end of the challenge!
    Thanks everyone!
    Kim
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    I hope everyone is staying focused on our second week! Sorry i have not been on for awhile ive had a rough weekend (boy probs), if anyone has any questions that they would like to have answered or maybe just some encouragement send me an email or post it on here. Ill answer it as soon as i possibly can.

Tip of the week: try to drink atleast 8 glasses of water, u will feel better, ur skin will have a nice glow and if u have a glass of water before you eat, or with ur meal u will likely not eat as much. Ps it is ok to have a little treat once in a while, this is suppose to be a life style that you want to be a better you, but u should never feel deprived.

Good luck!
  • Loulouslim
    Loulouslim Posts: 29
    Options
    HI Everyone

I can't believe i have stuck to this for a whole week. I was laying in bed last night trying to remember the last time I had woken up hungry ready for a good breakfast (it was a long time ago)

I am now eating off smaller plates, recording everything and I mean everything I eat and yest IT WORKED I have lost 4lb this week

So excited about keeping on track

good luck everyone

Luisa
    Kent, England
  • allahone
    allahone Posts: 20
    Options
    count me in . I like to do this challenge

allahone
  • Suzieqgirl
    Suzieqgirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow Kaja! You are doing good! Keep up the good work!
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT ON MFP - 273lbs

STARTING WEIGHT (MON) - 263.8lbs

FIRST WEIGH IN - 261lbs
    Scond weight in - 259.6 lbs
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR 10 WEEK CHALLENGE - Ill be happy as long as im losing!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT ON MFP - 200lbs

STARTING CHALLENGE WEIGHT (Friday, May 7th) - 184lbs

FIRST WEIGH IN - 183lbs
    SECOND WEIGH IN - 181.8 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT FOR 10 WEEK CHALLENGE - 170 lbs

Also, I'm reposting my measurements so I can keep track of those every few weeks. I usually measure about once a month.

Measurements as of 5/18/2010:
    Waist: 36.5" (down 1")
    Hips: 43" (down 1")
    Thigh: 26" (down 1")
    Calf: 17" (down 0.5")
    Neck: 14.5" (down 0.5")
  • allahone
    allahone Posts: 20
    Options
    starting weight 145
    To days weight 143.4
    GW by 10 weeks 135

Mesurement of 21 of May

neck 14.5
    W 39
    H 41
  • nikolettasinko
    Options
    It's sooo nice to see how everyone is doing! The past week I have been working a lot and did not have time for much exercise but I have been running 3 times for about 20 min. About 2miles each and been walking in a good pace average an hour a day. I will throw in some more intense cardio this week and some weights and yoga.
    Starting weight 156 lb in January
    weight at challenge 142 lb
    current weight 140.5 lb
    goal 135 lb
    waist 25
    hips 40.75
    thighs 22
    arms 10.85
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!